Ratings for Dr. Harvey Lui

Dr Harvey Lui is a busy person. You have to know what you want BEFORE you go do laser. Waiting to me is no problem . I know im putting myself in someone I trust. If you doing laser.. then doctor Harvey Lui is the person . My daughter had laser treatment from him on her face. He removed the birthmark in 3 try. My daughter told me when he was lasering her face ..He did it really quick and fast. It heal very fast as well. She has try other doctors but she feel that Dr Harvey lui is the best.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I went to see Harvey Lui for my skin issues a month ago. After reading some of the reviews, I'm glad to see that it was not just me that was offended. He was rude and clearly out of line with me. I bit back and told him that if I wanted abuse I would go back to work rather than wait for 2 hours to see him. I will never go and see this "specialist" again. What a waste of time, money and hope. Thanks for nothing Harvey. I recommend you take some compassion classes you rude a-hole! I went to another dermatologist and he was nice, pleasant to speak with and solved my problems in one visit. I may never know how he got to where he is with manners like that!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Lui for my various skin problems for over 10 years and he has always been courteous to me. I admit that punctuality is not his strongest suit and one time I had to wait for 30 mins. in the room before seeing him but all these times his assistants would come in regularly to apologize for the delay. I doubt if Dr. Lui would bother to read about the bad reviews posted here let alone posting fictitious glorified reviews of himself here. Furthermore, his consultation fee is only $65 to be deducted from the treatment fees if one goes for it. His fees are more than reasonable and more than half of what other dermatologists charge.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

Just returned from Dr. Lui's office. I did not want to be late and arrived 30 mins. early for my 10:00 appointment. He finally came through the examining room at 11:40 and I pointed out that I was about to get dressed and leave. He made no excuse but did not at least blame his 2 students. He examined me but the bedside manner was appalling and he made me feel rushed and was dismissive of me. There will be no next time for me. He clearly double-books appointments to take advantage of the consult fee. If he wants to be a Hollywood Dermatologist, he needs to be in private practice in the US and not in Canada as a government employee.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr. Lui writes his own reviews to compensate for all the awful behavior he has displayed to his patients. I guess this is the only way to "combat" the true colours this man really has. Why anyone with skin problems would go to him is beyond me. Trust me here, this man does not care about you, although he will make you leave feeling worse off than you did going in to see him. STAY AWAY from him. There are many other Dermatologists out here. He is NOT the best there is. Not even close. Don't waste you time.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Dr. Lui helped me more than words can say. I chose not to read the reviews as well, as they are completely opposite of what I experienced, and not at all true of his true character and abilities. Dr. Lui was kind, compassionate, honest, and insightful. I didn't come in with unrealistic expectations and he explained to me in a way that made me understand my condition. He listened and was very thoughtful. Perhaps others had a bad day and were not appreciative of how excellent of a doctor Dr. Lui is

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

All I can say is that this physician has 0 personality and does not seem to have empathy for his patients. I would definitely recommend a more caring physician. I have many of experience working with physicians and my personal experience with Dr Lui was below standard. I hope he isn't directly involved in teaching UBC medical students bedside manners.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Hello, I went to see this Dr. Lui after reading the reviews. Most of the "good" reviews simply can't be true since I saw first hand what type of person he is. I am thinking that with his horrible bed side manner, he must be writing his own reviews to make himself appear better than he is. This man did not help me at all, but rather humiliated me and wrote me a generic prescription that I had already tried. No one speaks to someone they don't know with such rude behavior. Being nice must be acting for this guy. I almost punched his lights out which is awful to say, but it is regretfully true. If you indeed had a good experience, good for you! The rest of us like me can only warn people to say away.

Submitted November 18, 2014

I have been Dr Lui's patient for three years. I have chosen NOT to read reviews. .. for obvious reasons below. He is a Dr and a busy one HELLO how can he be a professional and focused on my health issue if doing the friend thing ( time issue ). Dr Lui askes pertinent questions on my lifestyle so as to best advise me ( gardening, kayaking, skiing ) on how to take care and slow down the sun impact on my skin. Initially he was FOCUSED yes on healing my keratosis ... and he did. The process was uncomfortable but he paused it to give my body/mind a break. That meant the world to me and empowered me to continue later. I am now ( as of today ) symptom free because he cared and was patient with MY PERSON and empowered me to follow his advice. We are able now to have dialog on life (art, gardening ) because DR LUI isn't in the midst of trying to heal me. He does care. It must be difficult to see us all in discomfort and pain, he feels that too.Dr Lui's staff ....Awesome, Calm, Professional. Overall ... Person's health first. That's what I want.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I am currently seeing Dr Lui for a recurring issue and have been to him about four times in the past year. I have had no problems with him whatsoever. He does display an emotionless approach which may be off-putting to some, but at the end of the day he gets the job done. He informs you of all the options and downsides to specific treatments and so does his staff. The only fault I can see in my overall experience with him is the wait. I've waited every time I've gone to him, even when I was the second or third patient in the morning, but in all honesty, I don't know of any doctor I haven't had to wait for, even my GP.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014