Ratings for Dr. Harvey Lui

Terrible Dr. What a waste of my time going to see this guy. I was in disbelief with the questions he asked me. I don't need a lecture Lui, I needed your help. Lose the ego, get a personality and try some bedside manner. There are other dermatologist out there that are far superior to this ego driven #$%^.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Punctuality 1 star. mininal 30 plus minutes in sitting room with additional 10 plus minutes once in private room. Not uncommon for me to have to wait an hour before seeing him! Knowledge 1 star. Unhelpful(perhaps even uncaring ) threw out numerous appointment. Usually only does the minimal treatment. I'm a cancerous patient Helpfulness 1 star. My very first appointment with Dr Lui he seem attentive to my issues but it's been all down hill since.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

When you are a Dr. of a specialized sort / professional, it is mandatory for you to be a caring individual. If you are not sincere about what you do, you are either in the profession for the money or the recognition. I had an appointment with Dr. Lui in the past and was thoroughly disgusted with his personality. The worst Dr. I have ever been to. No caring, no compassion, no nothing, just a very unsocial numb man that did nothing for my condition. Hope you have better luck with Dr. Lui than I did.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Providing outstanding service and care on skin cancer matters.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

New to Vancouver, have a skin condition and went to see Dr. Lui. He was late, never looked me in the eye or offered me any help, but just prescribed with more of what was not working. I felt like I was paying to be around him. What a waste of time.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Would answer any questions you have for him. He is quite mean to his residents compared to other doctors. Also inconsiderate and rude to his patients. You can voice out all your concerns and he wouldn't care a bit . He is not flexible and will only do what makes his life easier. (Even when the risks outweighs the benefits). There are some doctors who goes into Healthcare because they care about people and want to help others and there are doctors who goes into healthcare just for the money they can make. Maybe he once was a caring doctor but now he is really just a heartless and unhelpful doctor.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I arrived on time and waited in the waiting room for an 1 hour and 40 minutes. Finally, I'm put into an exam room and waited a further 15 minutes, while I listed to Lui and the residents laugh about their last night. I had been a patient of Lui's for over 20 years and over those years his ability to treat his patients in a friendly respectful manner had decreased and enough was enough. I ended up walking out of the office without seeing him because he had already made me late for a meeting. Sadly, he used to be a very good doctor. Now he's just an arrogant, disrespectful individual.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Harvey Lui is a busy person. You have to know what you want BEFORE you go do laser. Waiting to me is no problem . I know im putting myself in someone I trust. If you doing laser.. then doctor Harvey Lui is the person . My daughter had laser treatment from him on her face. He removed the birthmark in 3 try. My daughter told me when he was lasering her face ..He did it really quick and fast. It heal very fast as well. She has try other doctors but she feel that Dr Harvey lui is the best.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I went to see Harvey Lui for my skin issues a month ago. After reading some of the reviews, I'm glad to see that it was not just me that was offended. He was rude and clearly out of line with me. I bit back and told him that if I wanted abuse I would go back to work rather than wait for 2 hours to see him. I will never go and see this "specialist" again. What a waste of time, money and hope. Thanks for nothing Harvey. I recommend you take some compassion classes you rude a-hole! I went to another dermatologist and he was nice, pleasant to speak with and solved my problems in one visit. I may never know how he got to where he is with manners like that!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Lui for my various skin problems for over 10 years and he has always been courteous to me. I admit that punctuality is not his strongest suit and one time I had to wait for 30 mins. in the room before seeing him but all these times his assistants would come in regularly to apologize for the delay. I doubt if Dr. Lui would bother to read about the bad reviews posted here let alone posting fictitious glorified reviews of himself here. Furthermore, his consultation fee is only $65 to be deducted from the treatment fees if one goes for it. His fees are more than reasonable and more than half of what other dermatologists charge.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015