Ratings for Dr. Christopher Nichol

After My last appointment to the doctor to review blood tests It will be the last time I go to him. He never showed me the results or explained anything from the test for gout. All he said, "well the uric acid level is alittle high but couldn't say if it was gout. Then he said, "What are you going to do about it?". What a stupid thing to say, when he is the doctor that is suppose to give advice. The walk in had ordered the test so think maybe he was mad he wasn't getting paid for them. I have been happy with him until now but will certainly not go back to him in the future or recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

This Dr. helped diagnose a condition that I have been coping with for 5 years and quickly got the problem treated with surgery. Thank you so much for listening and ordering the appropriate tests. This will change my life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Nichol was my family doctor from childhood and the only thing I was ever successfully diagnosed with was chicken pox, 26 years ago. He outright refused to treat my anxiety and depression, when I went to him with chronic pain after a back injury he snubbed me with nothing more than " you hurt your back, there's nothing to be done" and when I went to him with terrible, extremely painful periods and ovulation he simply said " oh, that sucks." I tried to get a copy of an Rx I lost, his nurse, Barb, refused to even ask as he was " in his last appointment for the day and then leaves for vacation, he doesnt have time." Which forced me to go cold turkey off Effexor, causing severe withdrawal syndrome that I still suffer from. I stopped seeing him and have since been put on proper anxiety medication, got diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and had a partial hysterectomy, and I am in the process of having my chronic pain diagnosed and treated. Go to Wetaskawin, go to Beaumont, go to Daysland, heck, go anywhere but Camrose if you want to be treated proper.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Absolutely horrible doctor. Waste of time. If you see him run the other direction. He holds his nose up and looks down on everyone. If you have to see this man ever in emergency please go get another opinion because you've probably been misdiagnosed and looked over.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Dr. Nichol has been my Physician for approximately 5 years now. He is very intelligent, insightful, and direct. He ordered the appropriate tests to help me achieve a necessary surgery, and has also done a couple basic procedures right at the time of my visit. I've recommended members of my Family (who now see him for care), and also many friends that have found him both professional and helpful in their care. I'd strongly recommend Dr. Chris Nichol to anyone. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Always very respectful. He never makes you feel rushed and is willing to take time to answer any questions.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Nichol has been a an excellent doctor. I've been his patient for many years and find him easy to deal with and understand. He knows my history, remembering past situations and acting accordingly. I find he does the appropriate research as necessary. He listens to me and my concerns. Has even phone me at home regarding a concern. He gentle, kind and respectful.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr. Nichol has never been helpful. He's been my doctor for a couple years. I always give a person a second chance before you make assumptions... Now I can fairly say . He's lazy, doesn't care, never has anything to say. He either doesn't want to help you because he may actually have to WORK ! OR he has know idea have the time . Not once has he took the time to explain anything, help me or Suggest what we could do next . He seems like a nice person, don't get me wrong . However, just because he's friendly doesn't make him a good doctor. I'm frustrated and upset how my last appointment went . If a doctor doesn't want to help or do there job. Maybe he shouldn't be one!!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Nichol has been my family doctor for just about 8 years. I started with him after having a terrible experience with my family doctor, and an ER doctor. Which almost resulted in me and my unborn baby dying. Dr. Nichol has been a godsend for me. Giving me faith in doctors again. I was diagnosed with a genetic disease that causes cancer. He has gone above and beyond to help me understand this, and to make sure I get the proper screening to prevent any cancer from progressing. I am also, understandably, a bit of a hypochondriac. He never makes me feel stupid or like I am wasting his time. He listens to my concerns and helps me address them, or to see that I had nothing to be worried about. He is very kind to my kids (who like to call him Dr. Pickle lol) and they love him! I am so grateful for him!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Nichol has been my family doctor for 12 years and I have never had a bad visitation. He is very personable, doesn't push medications, explains what he is thinking, open to doing tests, open to my thoughts. I would recommend him to anyone. He is now the GP for my family and does a great job with my children.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011