Ratings for Dr. Mauro Verrelli

Knowledgeable and takes the time with his patients. However because of this you do often have to wait a while to see him. I don't mind though. He remembers your medical history even if you don't see him for a long time. I think he is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr. Verrelli has been my nephrologist for several years. He is scientific, thorough and compassionate. His recall of medical details of my health file is enviable. My only issue with his staff is that it is difficult to talk to someone on the phone without leaving a message and having them phone you back perhaps 1-2 days later. Sometimes we just need to talk to a nurse/dietitian/pharmacist right then, not waiting. It makes me feel as if the bureaucracy is the important element, not the patient.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr.Verrelli is one of the best doctors arround. hes is the best at kidney surgery. thank you Dr.Verrelli for all of your help and help to come.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008

The reason he is not on time is because he takes the time with each patient to explain things very well. However, I don't mind the wait because he is so caring and patient.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2008

This Doctor is definately someone you want on your Healthcare Team. He's inquisitivie, determined and knowledgeable. He does not sit at your bedside & hold your hand.....you probably won't see him much...BUT...he & his team of highly trained specialists are monitoring your bloodwoork & working behind the scenes to get you better! Kind of like a "Doctor House"...but with a better personality!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

Was my kidney specialist for a few years. HE is great.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

My grandma was a dialysis patient under Verelli's care. One day she had complained of rectal bleeding, Dr. Verelli told her it was hemorrhoids (despite the fact that she had no history of them). How can you diagnose someone without even looking at them? Verelli didn't even bother to check her out, he dismissed her complaints all together. Because of this piss poor "diagnosis", my grandmother was later admitted that SAME day to Emergency (no more than 4 hours after leaving her treatment). She had a silent heart attack, which in turn was due to a bleeding ulcer overlooked by Dr. "It must be hemorrhoids" Verelli. Because of the heart attack, my grandmother lost full function of her kidneys, and although she managed to survive the heart attack, died a few months later. It's easy to blame Virelli for my grandma's passing, but I can't help but think that had Virelli caught the bleeding ulcer in time, I believe my grandmother would still be alive. I believe he is knowledgeable, but he does not trust in his patients the way they trust in him and leave their lives in h

flag | Submitted January 27, 2007