Ratings for Dr. Christopher Ryan Cunningham

I had a horrible experience with Dr Cunningham. I went to see him at the walkin and I waited over 2 hours ( with a baby and a 3yr old) to see him and I was in and out within 2 minutes. He was way more interested in what my daughter had to say than what I had to say. He interrupted me many times and didn't let me finish describing my symptoms before he wrote me a prescription and herded us out like cattle. So unimpressed, I will never go back and see Dr Cunningham again.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

So unimpressed with this doctor, I spent years coming to him with various symptoms. Sick every month, unable to fight off illness, constantly needing antibiotics and having infection. Starting around the age of 16 years old. Constant joint pain among many other issues. He literally never once made any attempt to diagnose me. He told me it was likely stress or anxiety. Did minimal blood work and just made it so apparent he didn't care at all. After dropping him as my family doctor, I discovered after getting a blood test at the walk in that I have a serious autoimmune disease. They didn't even mean to test for it. I can tell by how I feel that my organs aren't in good shape. I wish he would have actually cared and made an effort and maybe I could have it treated by now instead of suffering for 10 years. Now I don't know what my outcome will be but I'm absolutely disgusted with this doctor and don't understand why he can't just retire already instead of treating his patients like garbage and likely putting their health in danger....

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

We're new to Dr. Cunningham and so far we are really happy. He is very to the point and I like that, he's great with the kids and made sure we got answers when we needed them. It's unfortunate that other people have had bad experiences but I've had nothing but positive.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I have had Dr. C for years. When I first started seeing him he was one of the best doctors I had ever visited. But then something changed and now he is a joke. His goal is to get you in and out of his office as fast as possible. He does not care about my concerns and misdiagnosed me for years because he puts in as little effort as possible. I eventually landed in ER with numerous blood clots including in my lungs and I could have died. He never once made a diagnosis - it was another doctor that found the clots thank God - and he had no interest in anything I was saying.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr Cunningham is the best Doctor I've ever seen! Very rarely keeps me waiting, always listens and ask questions. On the rare occasion he was rushed, I made it a point to ask how HIS day was? That brought a smile from him and I think he appreciated it! He is after all, just a person doing a very stressful and demanding job. I adore this Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Cunningham is a great Dr. Very caring and thoughtful

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I recently saw this doctor at the Vernon Sterling walk-in clinic, what a horrible experience. Much like my other bad experiences with some of the Vernon doctors - Dr. Jackson and Dr. Edmondson, all these doctors lack any sense of compassion or understanding of their patients. I've had a couple friends with similar experiences with these doctors. Very rushed and rude and no desire to provide a diagnosis or actually help. He was in and out within 2 minutes max and gave me a prescription for something I didn't want or need. Now I have to go sit in line at the walk in again and hopefully get a different doctor that will listen to what I'm saying and think before writing a prescription.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Dr. Cunningham is extremely demeaning and rude to his patients. He has no interest in any of the symptoms that are being told to him and is only interested in getting the patients in and out the door as quickly as possible. This is a profession that requires a certain amount of bedside manner - which he completely lacks.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr.. Cunningham is extremely rude every time I see him. No hello or goodbye when I'm in his office, appointments last anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. And he has misdiagnosed me, and prescribed the wrong medication multiple times. I feel concerned for his patients well-being, and don't understand why he is in this profession if he feels compelled to be so cold to people. Generally It should probably take longer than 30 seconds to diagnose a problem correctly, but he's just more concerned about getting people in and out rather than actually helping them. On the plus side he is always on time, except it always ends up being a waste of mine.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

We all know it's impossible to get a fam doc in the okanagan so I saw this doc at to sterlimg walk in clinic dr Cunningham, was so fast that it was socially rude. Didn't even let me finish telling him my symptoms. So rushed In fact I've never seen an old guy move so fast in and out of a room!! He cut me off before I could tell him all my symptoms and hprescribed me the same thing the last doc did a couple months previous for a persistent issue that I specifically had said did not hemp, hence why I was back at the doc office . He told me to possibly see my fam doctor when I literally had just answered bNo to his question asking if I had a family doctor... no smile no eye contact. Like he was pissed to be there.,.. (not my problem!! Customer service 101) I was literally a number to assist him to hit his quota. Don't doctors become doctors to help people? Also one side point, he randomly patted my shoulder like he was leaning it as he walked by my shoulder had no issue, gave no explanation, and it lasted more than a beat while making eye contact......

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016