Ratings for Dr. Jay Katz

Exceptionally knowledgeable hip replacement surgeon--excellent staff---great clinical knowledge and ability and superb bedside manner

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Dr. Jay Katz, of Tucson Orthopaedic Institute, told me my pain from osteoarthritis (documented by MRI results and x-rays) was "in my imagination." He spent no time listening to the effects on my life and told me he wouldn't treat me in any way.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

My impression is that Dr. Katz cares deeply about each patient, and yet, he will randomly present a level of gruffness, which would seem to run contrary to the caregiving a patient may come to expect, once sensing, that, in fact, Dr. Katz does seem to care, really. If you are a sensitive person, this may rip you apart, but, hopefully, a note, such as this, may be helpful, in that you may have a feeling, as to what, you, as a patient, might encounter. It may help to get you through. Is Dr. Katz a competent, even an excellent, surgeon? Yes, I think so. My particular procedure has worked well. Structures seem good. Pain symptoms are certainly relieved, and I do feel Thankful that I was seen by someone who is good at what they do.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Katz is the absolute best !!!! I can not say enough good about him. He tries to help you all he can, before doing surgery. He replaced both of my knees, and I can do more and feel great. I have no regrets. He gives his very best to you at all times. I have recommended him to all that I know and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

Dr Katz has replaced both of my Knees this year. I could not be more pleased about the service and care that I received from him and his staff. I had a minimum of pain and had home health care at my home to help me with therapy and medical checkups. Dr Katz has been very helpful and helped me over come any concerns that I had concerning my surgeries. I have and would recommend Dr Katz to anyone for knee replacement. The knees that he put in have enabled me to achieve 140 deg of flex, even with my big legs. Thanks again Dr Katz!!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

Dr. Jay Katz's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)