Ratings for Dr. Allan Hudak

ATTENTION ALL PARENTS BARRIE and ORILLIA area. Our 5 year old female child was sent to the Orillia Soliders Memorial hospital where Dr Hudak was on call for the weekend as the Peadiatritian as per protocol for the OPP for sexual assault victims. We were told he was the highest rating dr in the system. We waited for 3 hours for someone from SAT (sexual assault treatment) centre to come, which no one came! He refused along with his nurse Shannon from SAT to come in on the weekend to assess her as our daughter was exposed to water, therefore “any DNA would have been washed away”.. their emergency physicians are not trained or allowed to collect any swabs due to the nature and age. Clearly the staff at soliders memorial including the ONCALL Dr Hudak doesn’t comprehensive forensic experiments. Evidence reporting rates show that there has been successful specimens collected post bathing, pools, duration of days, etc as research has shown even after 7 days from the incident. This standard of patient care is repulsive and completely negligent of the licence holding of a physician. Instead- we had an ER Dr look at the exterior skin of our abused child which at least was a step in the direction. We have to wait until a weekday to complete a physical exam, only until we threatened to go to sick kids hospital. Thank goodness for The OPP team we dealt with is amazing in advocating her rights and taking it superior to ensure we have our justice.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

He’s always been great with my son, and so helpful!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I liked him. He was thorough and friendly. Due to my son's issue it was a challenging appointment but Dr. H was really good with him.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr Hudak came up with things my son may have had but refused to do testing on what he came up with. In other words, he did not have proof. He also talked down to us when we questioned him about what is said above. He was not accurate and i feel a doctor shouldn't tell a parent their child may have something without doing testing first. I will not be bringing my children to him again and i will be refusing him as my children's doctor .

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

My son has been having ailments for a very long time. He was referred to Dr. Hudak. I was a little nervous because of a lot of the reviews but went with an open mind. He spent more time assessing my son from head to toe than any other physician has. Our FD is wonderful with my children but he must have spent an hour with my son talking about everything that could possible by wrong. My son is a comical person and Dr. Hudak had no trouble relating to this and had a humorous approach with him once he got his personality. Dr. Hudak discussed with me his plan of action going forward and we spent some time discussing his concerns and he put my mind at ease with what he was confident the problems were not caused from. He made a follow up appointment. When I called back with more symptoms that my son was exhibiting, I got a prompt response with the action that was to be done for that symptom. Very impressed with Dr. Hudak's approach and knowledge. I have no doubt that my son is in good hands.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Our son has been hospitalized numerous times over the years. Dr. K was the first dr to investigate past hospital visits. Although all drs ask a verbal history, dr k went the extra mile and knew his patient well. A dr's bedside manner will not kill your child however a Dr without knowledge can be a serious problem. Dr k was very knowledgable. At times I did feel like I was "getting in trouble" because of his no nonsense approach I had to decide whats more important- my pride or my childs health?

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He is an amazing doctor, he took very good care of my son. As this was the first time my son had ever been sick, it was a huge deal for us to land in the paeds ward of the Orillia hospital. He and his staff were very attentive and listened as well as answered any of our questions.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Horrible experience both times we saw him. Spoke down to us the whole time and dismissed our concerns all together.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

We had a difficult experience with our very ill child at OSMH under the care of Dr. H. He was the pediatrician & while I'm sure he has a good knowledge base, I would not recommend him. He laughed outright at one of my questions -which he did then apologize for but how is a parent supposed to feel comfortable asking questions when that is the reaction they get? He dismissed the amount of pain she was in and tried to tell us that her perception of pain was more acute bc she was only laying in bed whereas if she was playing soccer and got kicked in the shin causing the same amount of pain, she would hardly notice. I was about ready to give him a good kick in the shins!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

He told me my daughter was retarded and I should be lucky if she finishes High School, Not developmentally delayed...retarded .........After waiting almost 2 hours to see him, he spent less than 5 minutes with her.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016