Ratings for Dr. Duane D. Pitt

I've been with Dr. Pitt since 2008. When I was told by my Arthritis doctor that I needed surgery, I got several referrals and after doing some research, I decided on Dr. Pitt. He is the best decision I've every made concerning my health. His mannerisms, his knowledge and expertise continues to keep me on my feet and mobile. I love him!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr. Pitt was a LIFE-CHANGER for our family. Our VERY-ACTIVE son fractured his spine in a motorcycle accident when he was 20-yrs-old. We didn't know if he would ever walk again. Dr. Pitt took charge, put a titanium cage in our son's back and built a new spine. Now ten years later, our son is still active like nothing ever happened. We are FOREVER GRATEFUL to Dr. Pitt!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I did not have a good experience with Dr. Pitt. I went to him a few times for a pelvic fracture follow up and each time I was disappointed. He does not listen and quickly jumps to conclusions without asking questions, doing an examination or listening to the story. He did not seem to have read my file or know anything about my case each time I saw him. I do not trust him, found him both arrogant and condescending, and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Pitt was awesome. He's very personable while professional. He did a did a laminectomy to repair damage from a herniated L5-S1 disc after months of conservative treatment and spinal injections failed to relieve pressure of the nerve root. I went for my consultation and e adjusted his schedules to do surgery the next morning so that I would not have to wait in pain for another month until he came back from an overseas humanitarian tour. He did not have do that but he did. The office and surgical team were incredible. They got everything approved with insurance that day. I am 5 weeks post op, doing great and haven't had pain or discomfort of any kind since the day after surgery. Was a little late going into the OR but most likely because a patient needed more time and care and I have no complaints or regrets. Thanks doc....I feel great and am getting my life back.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Doctor Pitt is a good Doctor and Surgeon , and his Staff is Awesome as well.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr Pitt is my hero, I had been suffering with my condition for 4 years and 4 surgeons later repeating the same treatments over and over a gain with no improvement. Dr Pitt knew what I needed and did it, only 1 week since my surgery and I feel the best I have in many years! He is a fantastic surgeon!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I booked an appointment with Dr. Pitt 7 weeks out making it clear that I was travelling from Canada specifically to see Dr. Pitt. I even followed up a week after making the appointment. There was never any indications of a scheduling problem. We went ahead and scheduled time away from work and made travel arrangement. Two weeks pass by and then Dr. Pitt's office called to reschedule the appointment because Dr. Pitt decided to work out of his office in Burmuda the week of my appointment. Unbelievable. Save yourself the aggravation of figuring out where Dr. Pitt is today and go to one of the other spine surgeons in the Phoenix area.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Ok people... I dont know what is going on but Dr. Pitt worked wonders on my back. Was very compassionate, understanding, empathetic, caring, concerned, attentive... I can go on and on. Years later I am having NO ISSUES with the replacement of L5S1, it was "THE BEST" thing I ever did. Are we really speaking of the same Dr. Pitt that worked wonders on my back and got me to feeling 100% better? Dwayne Pitt, Scottsdale? I dont know or understand but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him. I am able to bend over, no pain... sit up straight... no pain, lay flat on my back... no pain... In my books he is one hell of a KICK ASS DOCTOR!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I had back surgery by Dr Pitt back in 2006, a year and a half after I fractured 3 vertebrae that never healed. He was extremely hard to get in to see back in 2005 when he worked for TOCA, but my PCP got me in right away. My fractures never healed, and I could barely walk or stand without being in pain. I had rods and screws placed in my middle back in 2006 and was doing great until the last year and a half. I have been in so much pain and it just keeps getting worse. I went back to Dr. Pitt in Jan 2013 to see what could be done, he sent me for an MRI. I went back to Dr. Pitt after the MRI and he then sent me for a bone scan and wanted me to come back for xrays. Both times I saw him he would walk into the room an hour or two late and ask me "who did your surgery?" Are you kidding me! My chart should be in front of you and you should know that YOU performed my surgery. I have since found an awesome surgeon that will soon be removing my troublesome hardware!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I saw Dr. Pitt after 3 laminectomies and constant left leg pain, weakness, numbness, and back spasms for years. After a 3rd laminectomy (out of state), I ended up with failed back syndrome. We moved to AZ and I ended up in the ER with severe back spasms. The ER nurse suggested Dr. Pitt. I saw Dr. Pitt fairly quickly and he ordered an MRI. After review he suggested ALIF and PLIF to correct scoliosis, fuse the lumbar spine, and relieve pain. Surgery was scheduled within 3 wks and I have had very little, if any pain since! I am finally off narcotics, can walk and swim without pain, and have my life back. I am so grateful! Dr. Pitt is compassionate, listens to his patients, and makes time to answer questions. His office staff is friendly, kind, and responds quickly when called for appointments or any other questions. I have recommended Dr. Pitt to friends and will continue to recommend him! Thank you Dr. Pitt!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Dr. Duane D. Pitt's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Irvine California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)