Ratings for Dr. John Chiu

I have been seeing Dr. Chiu for most of my life. never have i felt rushed, brshed off or dismissed. no doctor is perfect, they are afterall human. he has seen my parents and my siblings. i take my children to him. when my father passed away due to a heart attack he was willing to talk me through the risks of how this could affect me and offered to send me for multiple tests. he has cought a rare blood diorder that i have which is genetic and affects less than 1 in 10,000 people. always profesional. if he is a bit overworked from time to time look at the shortage of doctors in alberta rather than saying he is money hungry. if you are looking for the perfect doctor you should apply to be a patiant on t.v. with house... no wait he lost a few too. Dr. Chiu is a verry compatent man and i trust him with my health!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Have been going to see him for 21 years and found that lately he has been taking too many patients. He will always ask you to come back every week so he can make more money, and he takes too many hoildays. Does not reffer you to anyone else. but keeps asking you to come back again and again. I had to get second opinion to cure two things that he should have picked up, if he was not rushed. Always tells me to quit my job. (Who's going to pay my bills) Otherwise he is very knowledgable and knows his stuff. When he does take the time. It is sad. Because is was a really good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

SO disappointed with his manner.He laughed at me. He made me feel stupid and not important, he brought me to tears, twice now. It seems he has no idea of how emotional it is to not get pregnant, so he laughed. :(

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

he never has the time to actually let my husband explain his symptons. his best response is often "you need to quit your job". half the time now my husband won't bother with a drs appt as it will be a long wait - a 1-2 minute visit - only in the office never in a room and just told you are under stress - quit working... SERIOUSLY!!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2011

Greatest doctor I've ever seen, most responsible individual I've ever met. Always been so professional and willing to help with extra effort than regular doctors...

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

My Dad went to him saying he had a persistent cough and couldn't understand why. He explained to Dr. Chiu that he had a family history of lung cancer but Dr. Chiu just insisted that my Dad had a habitual cough instead of offering to do a simple chest xray. After months of "habitually coughing" my Mom had to beg Dr. Chiu to run further tests and of course we find out he has lung cancer at a stage 3B, essentially too late to operate. After my Dad had a 5 1/2 yr battle with cancer he died thanks to Dr. Chiu. Now if only he would have done that chest xray!!!! Isn't that why we have health care and were paying for a portion of it at the time??!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

very good doctor. I never have to wait longer than 15 minutes to see him. I can usually get an appointment the same day or the next day.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Needs to get a new phone system. I could get through on the phone to Revenue Canada as fast. Very poor. Took me over 3 hours to get through to make an appointment!!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

Excellent doctor. Extremely knowledgable. He makes me feel comfortable and has treated my family and extended family for years.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2007

Where do you begin to describe a doctor who tried to tell me to get an abortion when i clearly said i was keeping my baby. And he lied to me telling me at 10 weeks you couldn't hear the heart beat until 14, and then it was 16 and then 18. He also told me i was lieing about being pregnant even with three positive pregnancy tests. He told me that diclectin wasn't an option because me being sick was all in my head, and after not being able to keep food down for two days or water, He refused to see me. And at every appointment i had to wait at least a half hour to get in to see him. and i was in his office for MAYBE five minutes each time.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2007