Ratings for Dr. Richard V. Ravalin

I had shoulder surgery on December 14, 2015, and 8 weeks later, I'm on the road to full recovery and use of my arm. I found Dr. Ravalin to be extremely competent (the best), professional, and personable. There were no negatives. Dr. Ravalin is the best!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Ravalin is an excellent surgeon. I was fortunate to get in to see Dr. Ravalin after a severe and unusual shoulder injury, resulting in massive damage, almost three years ago. After the injury, I had no use of my right arm (I'm right-handed), and was told that I might lose up to 60-70% of the use permanently. Blue Cross procedures and approval process delayed real treatment for almost three weeks. The MOMENT they finally approved the procedure, Dr. Ravalin's staff got me in for a specialized MRI immediately, and then cleared his very busy schedule so that he could perform surgery the next day. Despite the delay--and the almost 12 weeks my arm and shoulder had to be immobilized afterwards for the grafts to take--I now have full function of my arm and shoulder and no (or only very, very rarely any) pain! Like many surgeons, he may be a bit awkward at small talk, and has that distracted air, but he is an incredible surgeon and I recommend him very highly. Credit also goes to John Fahramand, PT, and his team at Balance Physical Therapy for my full recovery. Once I was allowed to move again we only had a very short time to mobilize the shoulder again. Despite all the pain (sometimes absolutely excruciating please-ignore-the-fact-that-this-is-making-me-cry kind of pain) they had to put me through, John knew just what to do--and kept in touch with Dr. Ravalin, as they plotted and monitored my successful treatment and recovery. I can't thank them enough.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I've been told by a few of his former patients and my physical therapist that he is the one to see for shoulder issues. One of the nurses that took care of me during surgery was a patient of his and that says a lot about his skill. He is a decent caring person and a skilled surgeon, but he lacks strong communication skills. He definately needs to work on this skill. I had a few issues with my surgery and his follow-up, but he was receptive to my critism and seemed to take my suggestions to heart. That says a lot about what type of person and doctor he is. Even though I'm not 100% satisifed with my results and his care I still recommend him and would see him again. Also, his front desk person was wonderful!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Dr. Richard V. Ravalin's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Monterey, CA