Ratings for Dr. Christian D. Bentley

Great doctor- great bedside manner! He is a good surgeon very kind and caring!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I am writing this review on behalf of my husband. My husband, is a 55 year old man, had been living in pain for years, with knee problems. We had no idea how serious the knee troubles were. We had no insurance so we never really pursued it, until recently, thanks to Obama Care, great insurance, and finding Dr. Bentley. He has lived in severe pain every day while still going to work full time, and pushing thru it! He works in the construction field so it wasn't easy. After looking for a surgeon that our insurance would cover, we came across Dr. Bentley. His reviews were terrible, but we decided to meet with him anyways. Its usually negative people that leave bad reviews, right? So our first appointment, he walks in and shakes both our hands. We were so impressed by his knowledge and willingness to explain everything to us. We didn't feel rushed at all. He even showed us hubby's images (MRI) on his laptop and explained why he's had so much pain. We found out that day that he has had a tore ligament (for years) that has caused more damaged to his arthritic knee, so he would probably be needing a hinge type knee replacement. We asked him many questions about his experience with this type of surgery and he willingly answered all of them and made us feel very confident. One month later Dr. Bentley performs surgery. It took a little longer than expected and I was starting to get worried, but Dr. Bentley said he was able to repair the ligament and put in a regular knee replacement. This meant having to wear a brace for 6 weeks to prevent damage to the ligament, but we were happy he was able to fix it. My husband is PAIN FREE now because of Dr. Bentley's experience! We cannot thank him enough!!! And can I just say this....People who are complaining about Dr. Bentley, please take a minute to examine YOUR actions. Were you willing to go thru the severe pain of Physical Therapy after your surgery? Its just as much your responsibility to gain your mobility back as it was his to correct your ailment. In fact he only starts the process, you have to finish it!!! Physical Therapy isn't fun. When they tell you "its going to hurt", they mean it! I've never seen my hubby cry so much, but in the long run, it was worth it! He has "almost" full use of his brand new knee. Hes back to work, wearing a smaller knee brace to still protect that repaired ligament (for a little while longer), but NO PAIN! I have my hubby back! THANK YOU SO MUCH Dr. Bentley!!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I am surprised to see so many bad reviews. This is the first doctor that I really liked in a long time. Answered all questions and was very helpful with my injury. Prescribed medications with no issues, and I will continue to see him as needed. I am sorry to those that had bad reviews and all I can say we really were happy with him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I had a Orif Tibia, Acl reconstruction and meniscus repair with Dr BENTLEY In March/2014. I chose Christian Bentley because as a healthcare professional I have had the unique opportunity to see how at least 7 orthopedic surgeons do the procedure I needed to have done. Scope procedures are very different, you need the best.. not just knowledge technically, but knowledge of implants, graft material,and the ability to covert without incident if it is indicated. I chose Dr Bentley because I have compared his work to guys in bigger groups, with more staff, bigger buildings and lots of staff....NO COMPARISON. Surgery is serious all kinds of things go wrong,people get infections, repairs fail, and people are not compliant . I seen people have a great surgical result ..THEN SMOKE !!! I saw some of those other reviews....cannot imagine...I would choose this doctor again for any sports medicine procedures. His assistants Devon and Suzanne never left me hanging. big surgery for me .I felt healed at 2 months!! virtually no scar and a lot was done..Thank you Dr B!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I have had multiple surgeries this was by far the most efficient and positive experience. The staff went out of their way from scripts, to DMV placards . Surgery place was to notch and physical therapy recommendation is great. Dr Bentley is blessed, Suzanne and Devon I have no words! Amazing care... Go see Dr Bentley go meet them..I have had 3 different surgeries with him -not one complaint ! THANK YOU

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Just avoid this guy at all cost, its as simple as that, the reviews below me are genuine. Bentley operated my left shoulder this spring and the result is that my level of pain is now unimaginable. I was so hopeful that after the surgery i would feel better after years of pain.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

Had Dr. Christian Bentley perform a routine procedure on my knee. The surgery was a complete failure. Not only did he botch the surgery but also scarred my nerve during the procedure, which causes constant pain. I have seen several other physicians as i am in pain 24x7. They say not much can be done about it. Another surgery will only scar it more! The other surgeons are scratching their heads over the MRI expressing disbelief over how off he was with the procedure. I am still young, and it sucks that I will have to live through this pain rest of my life. I am trying to find some positive aspects to him. I don't think anyone with half decent surgical skills can be so way off. Its one thing if the original surgery fails, but it totally sucks that he introduced additional problems that are going to be chronic. When I walk, I compensate by leaning more towards my good leg which is causing an imbalance and my back and hip are hurting as well. My body is slowly beginning to crumble.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Blew my rt acl at work in 06 at work and this is who I got. Where to begin with the screw ups.1st while drilling the tunnel for the acl graft he collapsed the bone wall in my knee and had to use another anchor point. Post surgery the sealant he used prevented my wound from healing and for 4 weeks I had an open wound that I had to have antibiotics to keep infection away, AND MY KNEE REQUIRED REWORK. His staff are jerks especially Akila , rude , acts like you should be thankful she is even. Talking to you. And now here it is 2013 and my knee still feels loose. But I can't take the time off work to get it redone for a 3rd time thanks to this guy. On a positive note, Dr Bentley is a nice guy, I don't believe he lacks compassion or knowledge. It's his ability to employ his knowledge, the "doing" that brings him down. I just would never under any circumstances use him if another doctor was available.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

DR. Bentley replaced my left shoulder in 2007, than had to go back in for work on it in 2009 and now my arm is numb from elbow all the way down including hand and fingers. His reason why was damaged to a nerve and it would maybe come around in a year an half or maybe never.Well its never. Seems nothing can be done to get arm back to normal. He was also almost three hours late for the surgery and calls to him or answering service could not locate him.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

I have had my left shoulder and my left knee operated on by Dr. B. I tore my posterior labrum in late 2007. I had my left MCL screwed in my femur and my meniscus removed after i tore it playing football in 2008. I was back to 100% in 4 months and played my final 3 seasons of college football with no problems. He also operated on my shoulder in Feb of 08 and I was back to 100% by August and played my Freshman year of college football with no problems. Unfortunately the pain pump i had in my shoulder had been recalled and caused arthritis and bone spurs, similar to other s that have posted reviews. This is not Dr. B's fault, i am currently in a lawsuit with the pain pump company. I have recently torn my anterior labrum in the same shoulder playing rugby and am going back to Dr. B to have that fixed and have the bone spurs shaved down.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

Dr. Christian D. Bentley's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1994)