Ratings for Dr. Derek Gunning

From top to bottom, it was a day in the park with Dr. Gunning. I believe he is a sgood as they come.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

My Mother went for the open heart surgery few months back and Dr. Derek Gunning is the surgeon and he did an excellent work. You are simply the best. God bless you Dr. Gunning ... Kind Regards, R. Merchant

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

"SIMPLY THE BEST". I went RCH in August 2015 with an aortic Split. He had 1 hour to open me up and spent 8 hours fixing the split. Five days later I went home feeling great. Dr Derek Gunning - thank you. Anthony Kalanj - Port Moody BC

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

He take care of my phneumonia on my birthday and discover that I need aorta valve!!! He did both with excellence!! God bless you Dr. Derek Ganing. With all the respect C. Toma

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Dr. Gunning just did a quadruple bypass on my husband on June 29th. He is an amazing surgeon and is very caring and considerate. My husband is coming along nicely now and will soon be back to living normally. Thank you Dr. Gunning and the cardiac staff at RCH.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

We met Dr Gunning the night before my husband's surgery. The surgery for an aortic valve replacement was urgent as it had just been discovered that his heart was working less than 30%. He had great bedside manner and thoroughly answered all of our questions and concerns. He came out after the surgery and let us know how it all went. He never rushed us. While my husband was in ICU, a code blue was called for another ICU patient. He calmly took charge and brought the patient back to life. We can never thank him enough for the wonderful job he did. My husband is doing very well, thanks to the amazing skills of Dr. Gunning and the fabulous nursing staff in ICU and the cardiac ward at Royal Columbian. They are very caring, thorough, and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Dr. Gunning saved my dads life this past week after a massive heart attack. After a 10 day stay in RCH and therapeutic hypothermia and induced coma, my dad woke up. Dr. Gunner and the nursing staff in the ICU where absolutely incredible and we are forever grateful for everything Dr. Gunner and his team have done.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

Dr. Gunning goes above and beyond - most brilliant doctors are stand offish and a bit arrogant NOT Dr. Gunning. He is clear concise and speaks so the lay person can understand. I truly believe he saved my mom's life - She had been waiting for an aortic valve replacement when she had a heart attack. We met Dr Gunning the the ICU at RCH - he along with many staff there worked to restore her health so she could have surgery (it took 3 1/2 months) My mom is now 6 months post surgery and is doing great. I can recommend Dr. Gunning to anyone who needs cardiac surgery as he is simply outstanding in his field.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Dr. Gunning performed a triple bypass on my husband in October, 2012. His amazing professionalism in handling my husband's delicate situation was remarkable as this enthusiastic doctor was efficient in his approach, knowledgeable on the subject and thorough in his evaluation and summation. Moreover, his surgical expertise gifted my husband with a "second chance" as he has fully recovered from this procedure.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

Dr.Gunning operated on my dad recently and did a quadruple bypass! He is awesome - called me after the surgery and once late at night as he was reviewing reports and wanted to change the meds my dad was taking based on what he found in the reports! God bless his soul. We need more doctors like him and I hope one of my kids becomes a surgeon like him!!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012