Ratings for Dr. Hans Ulrich Bueff

I had Severe Back pain for 4 years from L4 and L5 herniated disc after two MRI's. I was deathly afraid of surgery and tried laser nerves to injections which did not work but were so painful it made me more fearful of surgery. My pain medication intake of three morphine 15mg a day and about 15 to 20 10/325 Norco was not controlling the pain anymore. My quality of life was eroding and I was contemplating suicide. I finally after a strong suggestion from my Back Specialist at the time to have the surgery done and He would refer me to one of the best in Kaiser. It was Dr Ulrich Hans Bueff. I met Dr Bueff and he stated that He may not be able to cure my pain and said though looking at my MRI that he felt pretty sure the collapsed disc they could see was the issue and I would hopefully feel results. He wanted to perform a disc Fusion with two plates and a bone graft between the disc. I told him I would be happy for 25% less pain. Not to name other names but another top Surgeon would not do the operation due to my high level and lengthy pain medication intake in fear that They could not control my pain after the surgery or possibly kill me while under for the operation that was 6 hours long. Dr Bueff said he would do the surgery.At that time my frame of mind with the pain levels out of control due to my tolerance of the pain medication it did not matter to much whether I lived or died. Dr Bueff answered all of my questions and listened carefully explaining the procedure and everything clearly. I was terrified but went forward with it in desperation. Now four months later 75% of my pain is simply put....GONE! I have not felt this good in a long time. Yes I still have a little bit of pain in the morning but my pain medication use has dropped tremendously to a couple Oxycodone and a Ibuprofen per day which easily handles the discomfort. Dr Bueff and his Staff were extremely Professional and caring. The Nurses at Morse Kaiser after the surgery were extremely kind and helpful. Dr Bueff and his team simply put saved my Life. I am indebted to them. If you need a real opinion that is honest for your condition if Spinal and are referred to him then go see him! If he can help you he will! They say it will take a year for full recovery but at four months I am amazed and as time goes on it keeps getting better. Dr Bueff and his Team are the best.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

A GREAT surgeon! Took time to show us the MRI, explained the options thoroughly and honestly. The surgery (anterior cervical discectomy and fusion) was very successful. I highly recommend him! He seems very caring - a genuinely good guy!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013