Ratings for Dr. Hyun Woo Bae

Dr. Bae was a 2nd opinion after another Dr. recommended a double fusion that required 3 months in a hard brace and then PT for 6 weeks. Dr. Bae recommended a Coflex implant to stabilize the L4/L5 segment and outpatient surgery. Obviously I changed my mind and went with Dr. Bae. He is a very high energy, fast paced Dr. that may put some off, but technically he is amazingly competent and I am so glad that I had him perform the surgery. He was very good explaining everything to my wife and I.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Horrible - he did everything but paralyze me. I am 90% worse now after surgery than I was when I saw him the first time. He said he could fix my spine. Now all he says after surgery is oh! Oh ! Oh and then leaves the room I consider him dangerous --if my surgery was too much for him,he should have backed out instead of saying "I can do this" it was obviously more than He could handle !!! Obviously more than he knew how to correct the problems. He has offered me no explanations. He Suggested help elsewhere

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Dr Bae and his practice ARE the epitome of Obama Care with high fees and NO COMPASSION. Last year, I was referred by a highly respected colleague for a 2nd opinion. after waiting 2 weeks for an appt, I called the office to tell them I might be 15 minutes late, at which point the office staff informed me if I was not there on time they will have to reschedule. Fortunately, I got there on time and then I had to wait 2 1/2 hours to be seen. The PA took my history and 30 minutes later I was seen by Dr Bae. He made NO eye contact with me, no engaging and made a quick diagnosis and recommended a highly invasive procedure with NO explanation.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Very professional. Great surgeon. Had herniated disc with painful sciatica. Had out-patient endoscopic surgery at Cedar Sinai and was pain free the next day.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

I needed emergency surgery due to a herniated disc, and I received the most excellent care from Dr. Bae and Lisa Cano. The follow up in the two years since my surgery has also been impeccable. I give him my highest recommendation and even referred my mother, who was also treated by Dr. Bae.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Excellent physician/surgeon, very knowledgeable and willing to educate the patient of the procedure/process. Recommend highly.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I contacted Dr. Bae following a friend's recommendation. He was professional, caring, and extremely knowledgeable. He diagnosed my symptoms and I underwent two surgeries with Dr. Bae in 2012. I am extremely pleased with the results and even recommended Dr. Bae to the wife of a good friend, who had a surgery performed by Dr. bae in 2012.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

Dr. Bae is the very best. He provided full information before the procedure and followed up afterwards often and thoroughly. He did an excellent job. Recovery was rapid and complete. He was friendly and easy to talk with.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Dr. Bae is a great doctor. Requiring neck surgery is a daunting thing, but Dr. Bae's knowledge and kindly, positive manner was very assuring. A couple of friends had neck surgery with Dr. Bae and highly recommended him. Now, I do too! Not only is he a highly skilled surgeon, he radiates positivity. He did a great job, and I bounced right back. the positivity and confidence is contagious!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

I have had 1 back surgery before, and was referred to Dr. Bae for a new disc issue in my neck. I have had 8 surgeries, so my experience is second to none. The spine is the most difficult part of the body to diagnos and treat, so, I was a little pissed off by others rating of Dr. Bae as they do not know what they are talking about. He was very honest, informative, and highly recommended me to get other opinions. The spine is not like a knee or ankle, there our 1000's of tendons, ligaments, and nerves. They can fix a structural problem, but no way to know if a nerve has been permently damaged until months after surgery. He is good, a thought leader and conservative. I trust him, but you should always get multiple opinions from an Othopedic and neuro surgeon. Then make ur own decision after multiple view points! HE IS GOOD AS THEY COME, BUT EVEN MICHAEL JORDAN MISSED A FEW SHOTS....SO ALWAYS GET MULTIPLE VIEWPOINTS,!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Dr. Hyun Woo Bae's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)