Ratings for Dr. Donald O. Fareed

The moment the phone was answered by professional Jeanne, Dr. Fareed's receptionist, and medical assistant, I knew I had been referred to the perfect physician's office by local DPT Tara Sweeney. Arriving after driving, 5.5 hours, we were seen immediately. My adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder was treated, and I sensed relief, and increased range of movement after 6 months of post-surgical, pain and physical therapy. Dr. Fareed helped make my experience "pleasant" with his expert analysis, gentle manner, humor, and wanted to learn more of what I needed to return to full function as a textile artist.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

Dr. Fareed is by far the most competent orthopedic Dr. in the Santa Barbara area. He is truly "genius" at his craft. I had been "turned away" by other SB orthopedics being told that a "total shoulder" was my only option for pain relief. Dr. Fareed helped restore my mobility and above all provided tremendous pain relief...so much that I never even think about my shoulder. He and Jeanne (his office manager) are an amazing team. Jeanne will guide you through all the insurance and coverage/processes.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

In one visit Dr. Fareed was able to fix what I've spent 6 years trying to fix on my own or with other doctors advice. Avoided unneeded exams and surgery that was being pushed by others. Left his office pain free. Simply amazing.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Dr. Fareed has allowed me to continue working at my job which is physically demanding for over 20 years. I am forever thankful for his knowledge and expertise as a orthopedic surgeon. He is the only doctor I have ever meet that spends so much time listening to you before he begins his examination. In my opinion Dr. Fareed should be your first choice to all joint pains.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Dr. Fareed has helped me tremendously with the pain in my knee and hip. Through his systematic treatment in which he finds and treats the source of the pain not just the symptoms, I now have greater mobility in my knee and hip, and the pain has subsided. Other doctors had recommended replacement surgery, but Dr. Fareed used an alternative method of stretching exercises and a few injections to treat the inflammation. His knowledge and experience regarding the design and functions of the human body is extremely impressive. I would recommend Dr. Fareed to anyone experiencing joint or muscle pain.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Dr. Fareed is an outstanding orthopedic physician - knowledgeable, trustworthy, and a master of his craft. He is a superb diagnostician and orthopedic surgeon, and in addition is an exceptionally thoughtful, highly intelligent, and caring physician. He goes beyond the expected thinking in his field to delve deeply into both traditional and non-traditional treatments; always being careful to spend sufficient time to discover the cause (or causes) of the problem - and then to explain thoroughly the rationale for the recommended treatment. I give him extraordinary credit for having completely recitifed what i consider to be a botched job by the orthopedic surgeon who did my first knee arthroscopy. The qualities I list above are obviously ideal for a physician, yet all too few meet Dr. Fareed's standards. I am pleased to give him my highest, unqualified recommendation!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2014

Finally, an efficient and humane doctor's office and staff. And an orthopedic physician who isn't scalpel happy. Other than having to pay prior to filing with insurance, his office operates like any other- except- they're on time, you feel heard, and what he does works ! I had evaluations by other orthopedic specialists and they all wanted to 'cut.' I am significantly better, on the way to being pain-free and mobile without surgery. Definitely see this doctor before you agree to any joint replacement.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Dr. Fareed is very knowledgeable and was very helpful with both my shoulders. He actually talks to you and walks you through what is wrong and helps you to get where you need to be. I would definitely recommend him to anyone having shoulder problems.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

DR. FAREED IS THE MOST CARING DOCTOR I HAVE ENCOUNTERED. HE EXPLAINED CLEARLY WHAT THE TREATMENT (SURGERY) WAS TO BE, WHAT THE RECOVERY WAS TO BE, AND GAVE ME EXERCISES TO DO PRE AND POST SURGERY. HE IS KNOWLEDGABLE, CARING AND MOST GENTLE. HIS GENTLE HANDS IN SURGERY MADE MY RECOVERY LESS PAINFUL THEREFORE THE HEALING PROCESS WAS EXPEDITED. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I FELT COMPLETE TRUST AND CONFIDENCE BEING UNDER CARE. ANOTHER SURGEON WANTED TO COMPLETELY REMOVE MY MENISCUS. DR FAREED WANTED TO ONLY TRIM IT. AFTER SURGERY BEGAN, HE ENCOUNTERED A FOUR INCH BONE SPUR, AND REMOVED IT, SPENDING MORE THAN TWO HOURS WITH HIS GENTLE HANDS PERFORMING SURGERY. HE SPENT THE LAST TWELVE MINUTES OF SURGERY HOLDING MY KNEE GENTLY. THE DAY I MET DR, FAREED WAS A LIFE CHANGER FOR ME.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Excellant with the right and simple approach to fixing your problem. I would highly reccomend Don if your body needs this type of corrections.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Donald O. Fareed's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1969)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Barbara, CA