Ratings for Dr. Greenberg Dental

I went to Greenberg dental first to get my teeth cleaned and I ended up paying a copay even after I stated my insurance covered it. Irritating but no biggie. My second visit was to see the surgeon about getting my wisdom teeth removed.the nurse was rude the surgeon never once made eye contact with me while I spoke with him about the pain I've been having. I decided to speak to one of the 6 ladies at the front desk about scheduling an appt and payment options and I literally was told to speak to the other person or very time. No one could tell me anything about theyre payment plans!! It was almost comical that after standing there for 10 min and without being acknowledged I had to ask every single nurse for help. It was ridiculous. I had to call another location just to get info!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I've been to the Blanding location in Orange Park and haven't had any major issues. One issue, however, is that the earliest they could schedule me for appts were both over a month wait - one for the first exam, another for fillings. Also, I felt that the female dentist (don't know her name) could have been a little more patient in explaining procedures, etc. to me. I found her to be slightly rude, but everything else has been good so far.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I went to the Wells Road and Blanding Boulevard office and had no trouble at all.. Waiting wasn't too bad, and the doctor looked at all of my teeth carefully.. I recently had my wisdom teeth extracted and it was a pain free process.. They did an excellent job and I've been able to recover quickly!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I'm sickened over my experience with Greenburg Dental. I can rate it right around the level of a cattle call. No one seems to care at all and it seems to be a huge inconvenience for them to answer the phone, be polite, make an appointment, and be decent human beings. My daughter and I have had numerous bad experiences and I know it is time to change. Unfortunately it's not that easy with my insurance. The staff is rude and disrespectful, apathetic at best. The wait for appointment is too long and they never, EVER, return phone calls. The company is so large, they can get away with being poor treatment. Be aware!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I currently have an abscessed tooth. I have attempted to call the Altamonte Springs office on multiple occasions and ALWAYS have to leave a message. I cannot ever get a live person to talk to. My first visit, the doc didn't even examine me, the tech took an x-ray and the dentist then came in, gave me a script for antibiotics and pain medicine, & sent me on my way. The appt to come back for extraction of the tooth was set for 3 weeks out. The antibiotics given do not seem to be working as I am still in a great deal of pain a week later. I have called and left multiple messages with regard to this & have yet to receive a return call. I will be following up with a different dentist for sure.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Unfortunately, this dental group has enough volume in traffic that they don't care if you're satisfied with their treatment. The customer service at the Williamsburg office was horrible. They are not interested in accomodating even the slightest request. I will be changing dentists. Dr. Alvarez was okay but his office staff is awful. The Spanish speaking front desk personnel asume that the non-hispanics who walk in don't understand Spanish. The staff talks about the patient and their family while they are standing right there. Guess what...some of us do understand Spanish!! I don't have to spend hard earned money at a place where the rudeness exists in two languages and where the staff is so uncaring. I'm outta here!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

I have been a patient at Greenberg Dental for many years. I have even had a root canal and crown done along with some fillings. While it is true that the are a very busy group, the reason for this is because they take nearly all insurance plans. Aka they are less expensive than nearly all other dentists in the area who don't participate in these plans. Most patients are complaining about the wait (I dare you to find a doctor nowadays where you don't have to wait at least 30 mins). The fact that they're busy means they do a lot of work and have the patients to see! I was once told that Greenberg Dental (all 30 locations) sees 15,000 pt visits per month. They are doing something right guys. With that many patients you can expect you will piss a few off. But the overwhelming majority take the good with the bad and realize that if you aren't happy with the service you can pay a lot more at a private practice and get the "spa" tx, but you will pay dearly for it.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to Greenburg Dental no matter which location it is. Especially if you have to get a root canal. They are guaranteed to make the pain worse and do an improper root canal that will have to be redone. On Friday, my friend had a root canal done and was in unbearable pain the entire weekend and his face ended up swelling. He went back to the dentist on Tuesday just so they can say that it's normal and you will need to wait 10 days before it gets better. Really? 10 days to continue to be in unbearable pain? No different dosage in pain killers that aren't working at all. But thank god he did get a stronger antibiotic. FYI...BEFORE doing a root canal your supposed to be on an antibiotic to reduce the infection and to avoid having to redo a root canal in the future. I went to the same location when I needed a root canal a couple years ago and I changed dentists after the first exam. I knew something wasn't right there and now I have proof!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

This company knows exactly how to code insurance CODE so you and you insurance have to pay more. They will locate the way to go around their costumer to apply different code to get more money out them. If someone needs a simple orthodontic work, they will create a situation for you to have something else before that, but no only that, something that you insurance won’t pay. For a simple tooth extraction, they will create a situation them to use a specialist (surgery). I can’t recommend anyone to go to this doctor and you have to be aware do not sign anything without look or read. Thanks

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

Went for my first appointment, filled the info out the day befor,arrived 20 mins early waited 1hour 40 mins pissed now got up to check out, they rushed me in for xrays, mover me to a very public exam chair waited there while staff walked passed for 45 mins,I got out of the chair to leave a staffer said the dentis will be with you soon.I said yeah thats what you said an hour ago.I left. I GUESS IF YOU LIKE OBAMA CARE THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.This place is the worst.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011