Ratings for Dr. Andrew J. Gelman

An insurance company's best friend, a patient's nightmare! He gives the insurance companies what they pay him for. Might have just as well written his report without examining me considering how inaccurate it was. Other doctors refuted his findings.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Took his time and went over all the options. I went for a second opinion, and this dr really explained things. I felt bad he spent so much time, he even went out to get a model of the knee to show me all the issues I have. Ive be never had something explained so well. He gave me a cortisone shot and I'm feeling so much better...the other dr said I needed surgery! I recommend highly

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

Very thorough. Explains everything. Surgery helped me. I would refer him to any member of my family.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

He's the best,took care of me,13years ago,and still,is working on me,and my,bad feet,,,,,,,Thank you, Miracle Man

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

The two girls at the front desk acknowledged me promptly and were pretty polite. My appointment was at 2pm and they took me back about 5 minutes after 2pm. The lady that took me back wasn't to friendly, while walking to the exam room she asked me if I had an X-rays I told her yes but forgot to bring them with me, she gave me a blank look and said OH and then proceeded to get the gentleman behind us to help. She told me to go sit in the exam room and the gentlemen came in and never introduced himself to me, I found out his name was Craig Katz later. While he was nice and went through everything and asked me questions. He went and informed Dr. Gelman what was going on, about 10 minutes later they both arrived to the small exam room. Dr. Gelman NEVER introcuded himself but shook my hand. He went straight to the point examined my ankle and leg and had me walk and etc... He never once stopped for me to ask any questions or ASK me if I had any questions.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Terrible...unprofessional....ALWAYS late....be prepared to stay a minimum 90 minutes.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

Dr. Gelman performed both of my carpal tunnel surgeries and was incredibly competent. I was in extreme pain and he did a fantastic, thorough job. He took the time to explain the procedure to me and was very interested in my recovery.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009

Vending machines or not, this man absolutely detests Medicaid patients and resents having to take care of them. He really only seems interested in people who "matter" and doing exams for lawyers, who will pay him the full price. If you are not one of the "beautiful people," stay away from this guy.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Great Guy. Fixed my broken arm about 15 years. Very nice, and knowledgeable. Great facility, convenient location. Oh, and they have a vending machine in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Andrew J. Gelman's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE