Ratings for Dr. William D. Summers

Just wanted to spread the word that Dr. Summers now has 5 weight loss clinic locations throughout the state. I say that because he will be the first to admit that his first location got way too busy for a period of time, but things are so much better now that there are additional clinics, additional staff, etc. The Montclair Road location ALWAYS has the injections so no worries anymore about the other location sometimes running out. I hear this has gotten much better there as well since they have expanded. Love this clinic, staff and especially DR. SUMMERS! You won't find a nicer dr anywhere.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Wow! After coming across the review left below I had to write my own review because I have had a wonderful experience with Dr. Summers and have lost 62 pounds so far through his weight loss program. Yes, the new patient appointment was busy, but I didn't think it was much different than any other wait time at a busy doctor's office. All of my return visits have been MUCH faster, which I appreciate. I too was given a print out, but it was a 30 page resource guide listing every food and drink on earth with nutritional information for each item. One thing I love about this program is that it isn't cookie cutter. He doesn't just give everyone a menu and say this is what you do because everyone needs different information/plans to follow in order to lose. I found the print out to be extremely helpful as I am following a low carbohydrate diet, as directed by Dr. Summers, and after doing some research of my own in the past have never found such a comprehensive list like the one that he gave me. The diet plan is one of several options given to me/parts of the program. Dr. Summers and his staff have given me more and more direction each month as I go in and I am glad that I wasn't overwhelmed the first visit with a million rules and diet plans that I didn't understand. Dr. Summers is also my gynecologist and I have known him for a long time, as he delivered both of my children while also practicing OB and let me assure everyone that this man is not just in it for the money. He would give you the shirt off his back and has literally given me a picture I told him I loved off of his office wall. I received my blood work on day 10, as I was told. The blood work results included a letter explaining everything that was tested, a copy of the results from the lab, gives direction on how to manage any problems, included written prescriptions for Vitamin D and Metformin because my vitamin d was low and there were some other problems regarding my sugars. I could tell a lot of time and effort was put into the letter and am surprised it arrived in the mail within 10 days considering I sure he had to do many letters in addition to his normal, busy patient load. I am not only happy with Dr. Summers and his program, but very impressed. There is no better dr around!! There is also not another weight loss program in town that is even near as affordable!!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Scheduled my first visit with him for a 10 am appointment. When I arrived there was a line outside the clinic with probably 30 people. The doors were opened and everyone signed in as they were in line. The people were then seen according to how they signed in, not appointment time. I was suppose to be the first appointment, but was nearly last. People with appointments after mine were seen before me. My appointment was at 10 and I saw him at 12:30. Very unorganized. When I finally got to see Dr. Sumners, his approach was very much memorized. You could tell he said the same thing over and over. As far as the diet plan, it was no more than foods to eat and not eat printed off the internet. I was told I would receive the results of my lab work in 7 to 10 days. As of today, I still have not received the results. This is nothing more than a way for him to make money.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Love that Dr. Summers recently opened a second weight loss clinic in Birmingham! Located at 1516 Montclair Road, Birmingham, AL 35210. Phone: 205-582-9316. I was a patient at the St. Vincent's location, but since the new clinic is closer to my house I have switched over!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I have been going to his weight clinic for about 6 months now and was doing really great until about 2 months ago his clinic at Trussville constantly is running out of shots which has put my weight loss at a halt. I keep asking the staff when they will get some in but all I get is attitude. What's the point of going to a weight loss clinic if they are always out of supplies.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I like Dr. summers. His front staff however not at all! Was suppose to have surgery was told by doctor to call 2 weeks prior to surgery to confirm which I tried. Kept getting the run around. We will call you back etc. still waiting to be called back!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

best weight clinic doctor :) very helpful and affordable diet plans are easy

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I have been Dr Summers patient for 26 years and have loved him ever since.I was reading some of theratings and some of you said that you have to wait sometines a very long time. I too have had to wait but understand the emergencies that come up. And believe me Dr Summers is worth the wait. He is the only Dr. I know that will take blood work and do a thorough annalis of it. I habe received up to 15 to 20 pages of what tests he has ran on my blood and I was very impressed with the procedure. His bedside manner is wonderful and he takes the time to hear your problems and solve them. I can' t say enough about him except that he is the best Gynocologist out there. I will never change from him. Loveyou Dr. Summers.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

Dr. Summers is a great Doctor. I have been a patient of his for over 20 years. He is helpful, knowledgable and humorous. Very down to earth and I'm not embarrassed to ask questions.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Summers is so cool! I never thought I would say that about my gynecologist, but he is not just the average physician. He is beyond smart and I feel so comfortable talking to him about anything. I also go to his weight clinic now and have done great! Losing weight for the first time in a long time and I have tried everything in the past! Love Dr. Summers!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. William D. Summers's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Sask Health