Scheduled my first visit with him for a 10 am appointment. When I arrived there was a line outside the clinic with probably 30 people. The doors were opened and everyone signed in as they were in line. The people were then seen according to how they signed in, not appointment time. I was suppose to be the first appointment, but was nearly last. People with appointments after mine were seen before me. My appointment was at 10 and I saw him at 12:30. Very unorganized. When I finally got to see Dr. Sumners, his approach was very much memorized. You could tell he said the same thing over and over. As far as the diet plan, it was no more than foods to eat and not eat printed off the internet. I was told I would receive the results of my lab work in 7 to 10 days. As of today, I still have not received the results. This is nothing more than a way for him to make money.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Love that Dr. Summers recently opened a second weight loss clinic in Birmingham! Located at 1516 Montclair Road, Birmingham, AL 35210. Phone: 205-582-9316. I was a patient at the St. Vincent's location, but since the new clinic is closer to my house I have switched over!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I have been going to his weight clinic for about 6 months now and was doing really great until about 2 months ago his clinic at Trussville constantly is running out of shots which has put my weight loss at a halt. I keep asking the staff when they will get some in but all I get is attitude. What's the point of going to a weight loss clinic if they are always out of supplies.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I like Dr. summers. His front staff however not at all! Was suppose to have surgery was told by doctor to call 2 weeks prior to surgery to confirm which I tried. Kept getting the run around. We will call you back etc. still waiting to be called back!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

best weight clinic doctor :) very helpful and affordable diet plans are easy

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

I have been Dr Summers patient for 26 years and have loved him ever since.I was reading some of theratings and some of you said that you have to wait sometines a very long time. I too have had to wait but understand the emergencies that come up. And believe me Dr Summers is worth the wait. He is the only Dr. I know that will take blood work and do a thorough annalis of it. I habe received up to 15 to 20 pages of what tests he has ran on my blood and I was very impressed with the procedure. His bedside manner is wonderful and he takes the time to hear your problems and solve them. I can' t say enough about him except that he is the best Gynocologist out there. I will never change from him. Loveyou Dr. Summers.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

Dr. Summers is a great Doctor. I have been a patient of his for over 20 years. He is helpful, knowledgable and humorous. Very down to earth and I'm not embarrassed to ask questions.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Summers is so cool! I never thought I would say that about my gynecologist, but he is not just the average physician. He is beyond smart and I feel so comfortable talking to him about anything. I also go to his weight clinic now and have done great! Losing weight for the first time in a long time and I have tried everything in the past! Love Dr. Summers!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr. Summers is great and seems to really listen. I would recommend him to anyone .

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr. Summers is the best gyn that I've ever had. If I can help it, I will never have to find another doctor. He is helpful and kind. He always goes the extra mile. He has a way of making a comfortable situation from an uncomfortable one. If I could use him as my only doctor, I would.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

Dr. William D. Summers's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Scheduled my first visit with him for a 10 am appointment. When I arrived there was a line outside the clinic with probably 30 people. The doors were opened and..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love that Dr. Summers recently opened a second weight loss clinic in Birmingham! Located at 1516 Montclair Road, Birmingham, AL 35210. Phone: 205-582-9316. ..."

October 17, 2014