Ratings for Dr. James Ryan

I am deeply grateful to Dr. James Ryan for my hip replacement surgery he performed in late May 2014. I was impressed with him from my first meeting when he thoroughly explained the type of procedure he performs, the design of the device he implants, the risks associated with the procedure, how he helps patients prepare themselves so their operation and recovery are successful, and what I could expect going forward with an artificial hip joint. It was obvious to me that he delivers this information often because he moved right along through the details. However, he made me (and my husband) feel very comfortable asking a number of questions, and he answered them clearly and completely. He believes in what he does, but at no time did I feel that he was trying to talk me into the operation. After committing to the surgery and having the date set, he and his very capable team provided me with specific instructions for beneficial preoperative exercises to strengthen my muscles and for the regimen to follow at home pre- and post-surgery to help minimize the risk of infection. His phone call to me the night before the surgery and talking with him in person the following morning helped me feel even more calm and totally assured that I had made a great choice for a surgeon. I also very much appreciate the fact that Dr. Ryan always addressed my husband as well as me in all our consultations, including a reference to my husband and me making a great team. This was important because my husband provided me with tremendous emotional support and physical assistance throughout the lead-up to my operation and then post-surgery. What else can I say besides the fact that Dr. Ryan is a highly skilled surgeon with an open, honest, supportive interpersonal style? Oh yes, I really like his sense of humor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

My husband had hip replacement surgery last year and all of the preparatory appointments, the actual surgery and the follow-up went exceedingly well for him. All of the meetings were timely and thorough. Now that it's a year later my husband is functioning so much better than he had for many years before. We would highly recommend Dr. James Ryan again.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I'm very displeased with the service and the lack of attention was presentin every visit. There was never a fallow up call after sugery.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

Best Dr I have ever seen. Knows his stuff !!!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2008

Dr. James Ryan's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1978)

Delta Dental