Ratings for Dr. Barbara J. Nelson

I would recommend Dr. Nelson to anyone. She is an excellent and knowledgable doctor, personable, and very easy to talk to. I saw her for my first pregnancy and am currently seeing her for infertility issues.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

I thought she was very personable and willing to help us with the things that we needed.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

I have had pelvic radiation and chemo. Dr. Nelson seemed to purposely hurt me during the gyn exam. I jumped and had tears in my eyes, but the only one who cared was her assistant. She made some clipped remarks through gritted teeth. I felt that I couldn't get out of that office fast enough.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

I really don't like this doctor. She gave me no options for my adenomyosis except surgery, and the thing that bothered me is that she assured me that my one ovary that she left would still work until a normal menopause. She also told me that she had never had a patient regret getting a hysterectomy. It felt to me like she sugar coated the whole thing to convince me to get the surgery and wasn't honest about the possible outcomes. I learn more from reading the internet. At least I was aware that after being cut off from their blood supply an ovary has about a 50/50 chance of still working. I just wish I would have heard it from my doctor. Now I wish I would have looked into it more instead of going for the surgery and having to deal with menopause at an early age.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2009

I was in pain early on in my pregnancy and Dr. Nelson was the on call doctor. Although she was nice - she told me to go home and come back in three days even though the ultrasound showed I had an ectopic pregnancy. Two hours later, I was in unbearable pain - I went back and she told me that my tube was about to burst and ordered surgery immediatly. It would have seemed that she could have caught it earlier since it came on so fast and then I wouldnt have been stuck with the 9 thousand dollar surgery bill since I was uninsured. The only option was surgery and I wish she would have explained to me other options, or just taken care of it all the first time rather than making me come back when I was in intense pain.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

I liked he, but not as much as I thought I would. She was knowledgable though. I probably wouldn't go back to her for my second pregnancy.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2007

No options other than surgery were provided

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

I have not met anyone who doesn't like Dr. Nelson. Not only is she incredibly competent, but she also has empathy for most people's problems. She has gone through most of the same issues I have, from weight control to fertility issues. She gives me time and really listens to me. She also has given me some of her valuable time on her rare days off. If anyone is looking for an ob/gyn, I recommend her... without hesitating!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2007

Dr. Barbara J. Nelson's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Idaho Falls, ID