Ratings for Dr. Jonathan A. Hyde

Not a people person but excellent in his field. Office staff are friendly but the management of the office is horrible. His PA is not helpful or knowledgeable and most of the time you think you have an appointment with the doctor and it is with the her, the PA. She was telling my husband that the fusion was excellent and she was pointing to the fusion from 12 years prior - her 'remark Oh! that's why it looks so good'. Gives prescriptions that she is not authorized to give and that patients do not want. He may be a good doctor but his PA is not and the way he manages his office is horrible!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Not a people person. He gets much the Gallagher/Basset Workers Compensation evacuations and to me was very rude and unfriendly. He seem to be insinuating that I was faking the injury. I was not and eventually with a lawyer sued my employer and won a disability retirement and even Social Security gave me a disability rating on my first try without a lawyer. Even the Social Security doctors said I was permanently injured.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I have never met a doctor so full of himself like this one. Even though he has a good reputation as a good surgeon, his bed side manners are terrible and he is the most arrogant person I have ever met. He loves to show himself to the young PA's, as they drool around him as he tells you how good he is. He is the stereotypical egocentric doctor that should be selling used appliances instead of dealing with the sick and injured. i will never go to mount Sinai in Miami Beach again because of him.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

DR Hyde is not a people person, his staff is the worst. I had an issue he was treating I fell called the office , left a message never got a call back. His staff is awful, they act like they are doing you a favor, so does Dr. Hyde. I remained in pain after a fall waiting for my next appointment with him. I arrive, he takes my co pay and then in the room, refers me to another Dr, dumps me what an arrogant man, no desire to help people. they did not follow protocol, they shouls have called back and sent me for MRI he is an orthopedic DR..i fell hurt my hip and other body parts, this guy is good for NOTHING....got inferior health care

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

This doctor was anxious to cut me and as quickly as possible with an extensive cervical spine procedure. He was unable to substantiate the need for the surgery with the insurance company. His staff recommend what I consider to be unethical procedures to bypass the insurance company and a subsequently seen neurosurgeon felt that the surgery recommended by this doctor would not have resolved the medical problem. His office staff were impossible to deal with and it made me wonder if his acceptance of staff performance permeated the operating room. Get a second and third opinion.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Hyde is a very knowledgeable dr. he tells it like it is and gives you the choice on what you want to do. Great dr. and very friendly office staff. Had surgery and was up and walkig the same day just as he said. I feel like a new person.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

This DR. is very Knowledgeable, but not a people person at all. Very rude, arrogant so much so that almost scares me to have him doodle with my spine. He is not very informative either, just says you have a problem and you need surgery, thats why I went to the Mayo clinic, they are so much better than this piece of work!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

To those who say he is rude/kurt are ridiculous. You just want someone to hold your hand, and LIE to you. Sometimes persons as intelligent and skilled as Dr Hyde do not have time to coddle all patients. So those that are casting false aspersians go to a doctor who has more time then patients...which is always a bad sign! Furthermore if your in need a a friend its probably a good idea to find one outside a doctors office. In the end he is one of the finest physicians in Florida. If you cant see that...your a fool. Remember its your anotomy that is going to suffer, for your bruised ego. That is not the best trade off. Please, if you are concidering a spinal physician give Dr. Hyde a chance. He has been one of the finest physicians I have ever seen!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Dr Hyde did my spinal fusion last August. He has given me back my life. I never felt so good. I can do everything. I am completely out of pain and discomfort. I am a new person. I tried the injetions, it did nothing. I also tried the DX9ooo table. What a waste of my money and time. Dr. Hyde is very professional and an excellent doctor along with his great staff.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

This guy is rude. He didn't explain anything. He told me that he is the best and "he is every other doctors teacher and they all learn from him". I can't stand the guy! Little Bald Napolean complex. I saw another guy got help and got results.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Dr. Jonathan A. Hyde's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med