Ratings for Dr. Dan S. Cohen

office staff unprofessional and unhelpful. my medical records were inaccurately charted and doctor is unreachable after money is paid and visit is over, no matter how persistent the patient. complete disregard for patient needs.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I have a herniated L5-S1 disc which causes me a lot of pain ( scale 8 out of 10) constantly and deprives me of sleep. My quality of life is very poor. So, I went to see Dr. Cohen because a friend of mine got a disectomy with him. Dr. Cohen agreed to operate me and set up a surgery date. Two days before surgery, his office contacted me to inform me that my surgery was postponed fa week because Dr. Cohen got an emergency case. I took it quietly because I believed it was a reasonable excuse but next week two days before the surgery date again my surgery was postponed because of the same reason. This time a complained heavily because of the mental anguish, the let down, the time and money wasted by me taking two weeks off work and my wife taking four days off, two per week. I was told he would contact me and it has been two weeks now and yet he hasn't, nobody from his office has contacted me and I have not got another surgery date. Also, my insurance and I ended up paying almost $2000 in Dr. Cohen's fees and preop exams, for what? For nothing. They claim to be efficient and professional. They are not. They are insensitive, inconsiderate and malevolent. I hope he does this to somebody desperate enough with nothing to lose who would take matters into his own hand and gives Dr. Cohen and his staff the justice they deserve. So, if you are contemplating surgery with Dr. Cohen take all this into consideration.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

Wonderful Dr. I came to Dr. Cohen after a slip and fall injury where i was experiencing cauda equina symptoms. recognizing the severity of my injury, Dr. Cohen immediately sent me to the ER and scheduled the first available surgery. The surgery was a success and I was able to avoid potentially life altering injuries. If nor for Dr. Cohen's quick thinking and treatment, my life would have been forever changed in unimaginable ways. Best Spinal Surgeon in South FLorida

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

After going to Dr. Cohen 3 times for impending surgery, on my last visit he looked at results of my discogram, told me he couldn't operate and walked out of the room substituting a young, inexperienced man he said would help me with pain management, ( who wasn't even a pain management doctor). Dr. Cohen left the room, not even staying a minute to answer my questioins or give other suggestions. He treated me like I didn't matter, which I guess I didn't to him. His staff was disorganized, left me sitting in the waiting room for hours, and was unable to find any of my records or films. He might be a skilled surgeon, but he is an insensitive, cold man who I would never recommend to anyone. Mimi

flag | Submitted October 3, 2009

He is all about operating on patients. This religiously hypocritical guy thinks he is doing hashem's work. He actually believes his lies in order to convince you to follow his opinion. I was there in his office as he was yelling obscenities to his staff, not caring about any patients who may overhear him. You could see that his staff was afraid of him. He cares more about himself than others, beware.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Dr. Dan S. Cohen's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)