Ratings for Dr. Glynis Koponen

I was referred to Dr. Koponen by my family physician, Dr. Barbara Miller in the same building. I saw Dr. K on July 30th, 2002. Her presence was very stand offish as soon as i entered her office. I felt as if i was delaying her at that current time. As soon as i walked into her office, she actually told me about personal information of the patient she had just seen. She went on to tell me that the mother of her patient was mad about her son's diagnosis of Torrettees Syndrome and wanted the government to help pay for all of his services and resources. She actually said "can you believe that woman!". I was SHOCKED that she had just disclosed this private and personal information to me about another patient of hers. I saw the mother and son as they were the appointment before me and saw them face to face when leaving her office. I was appalled! Even during my testing with her, she was very short, inconsiderate, rude and no bedside manner at all. Did not explain that the testing process does cause some pain and discomfort and brushed off my sight of discomfort during the nerve testing. I unfortunately commented at the picture of a young infant in her office, I made the mistake of asking how old her son was, if looks could kill, i would not be alive today. Her response was coarse as she clarified that it was her daughter. Omg I thought she was going to kill me with her look of disgust. I knew at that time that I would NEVER return to her and I informed my doctor what occurred during my appointment with her. Once testing was completed she basically said I was 33 yrs old with arthritis in my spine. I cried when i heard the results with no regards from her. I'm not sure why she is practicing? She is stated as HON. B.Sc., MD., FRCP (C) as well as a Diplomate Am Board Psychiatry and Neurology, Consultant Neurologist, Electrodiagnostic medicine, but she should not deal directly with patients as her interaction with her patients are terrible.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

the office is a pigsty and the doctor is completely anti social!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

Takes no time to listen, talks over you, treats you like you're an idiot. The advice I got from her was basically common sense or could easily be googled. No real treatment approach or strategy for getting better.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

It's very unfortunate that we have such doctors working in our communities . She has no compassion for human beings . May God bless her with a profession of her choice in her next life !!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

The only reason I rated 1 star was because there is no option for minus Zero star. I've never been one to do reviews but this really is bad. I was hoping that I was just having a bad day but the other reviews confirmed that its not me. I saw her today, not once did she look at me, not even when she asked me to walk with one leg in front of the other, she never listened to me or ask me for my concerns. She was so disconnected, her persona was that of a person who is intoxicated. I tried to talk with her, and I pointed to which I was having issues, and she didn't even look up off her computer, I had to ask her "can you see what I'm showing you?" she still didn't respond. Her front desk staff was not polite, the whole office gave me the chills. You have to pay $1 to get a diet list. the visit was so horrible, she requested that I see her in a month and it give me the chills, I would never ever want to have an encounter with this doctor again as I feel like my life would be in danger. I will be letting my family doctor know that for his reputation sake to never ever refer any of his client to this woman again. worst experience of my life. I still cant get over the fact that this woman is actually a specialist doctor, in 5 mins this woman gave me 3 medications and only 1 test which is my blood pressure, she prescribed me sleeping pills for chronic headache, and said I need to stay away from certain food to avoid headache, she claims the receptionist will give me a list of the foods, only for the receptionist to tell me I have to pay $1 for it. she ask me to read the list of #9 on the wall, didnt ask if I wear glasses, no background information. she read a long list of food asking me if I eat those food, not waiting for a reply she moved through her list, them she told me the list of food we discussed are triggers of headaches, in my mind I was like "discussed" when? Honestly its been 2 hours since I had my appointment and I'm so disturbed. I wouldn't send even my enemy to see her. She needs to go to a rehab or something because I do believe she has an issue. Her behavior was just not of a normal person.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

This "doctor" told my family member that she has a serious disease on the first visit – FIRST VISIT - and prescribed strong meds for it that have a ton of side effects. No tests were done – she just diagnosed and prescribed. Her demeanor is unprofessional and she lacks empathy. Not impressed at all and if I could rate in the negatives, I would.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

My Cardio doc referred me to her. He told his assistant " you know her, she a bit loopy " making a gesture with hand. Bully Rude No patience or proper manner. Sarcasm is part of her personality and evident. I found out that if you stare her down and speak in a no nonsense tone she will listen somewhat....and I'm sorry but you present yourself as half asleep and not quite with it. I will be relieved when we are done. Why Dr. Hill would you send me to such a person....smh

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

THE WORST DOCTOR EVER! Extremely rude, no knowledge of what she is doing and so unorganized. SHE LITERALLY TOLD ME TO GET OUT OF HER OFFICE BY POINTING TOWARDS THE DOOR WHEN I WAS ASKING QUESTIONS. She doesn't even knows how to read the reports properly. There's so much more I want to add but don't want to type that much. All in all, dont ever go to her. If you get an appointment with her, cancel it and find someone else otherwise you will end up wasting time like I did.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Extremely rude, no professionalism switching doctors as soon as I can. Don't waste your time with her.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I'm at a loss to understand why Dr Koponen gets such poor feedback. My experience with her is positive.......she is professional and punctual (which is very important to me) . Her 'bedside manner' is probably not to everyone's taste.........but who cares?

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017