Ratings for Dr. Glynis Koponen

The only reason I rated 1 star was because there is no option for minus Zero star. I've never been one to do reviews but this really is bad. I was hoping that I was just having a bad day but the other reviews confirmed that its not me. I saw her today, not once did she look at me, not even when she asked me to walk with one leg in front of the other, she never listened to me or ask me for my concerns. She was so disconnected, her persona was that of a person who is intoxicated. I tried to talk with her, and I pointed to which I was having issues, and she didn't even look up off her computer, I had to ask her "can you see what I'm showing you?" she still didn't respond. Her front desk staff was not polite, the whole office gave me the chills. You have to pay $1 to get a diet list. the visit was so horrible, she requested that I see her in a month and it give me the chills, I would never ever want to have an encounter with this doctor again as I feel like my life would be in danger. I will be letting my family doctor know that for his reputation sake to never ever refer any of his client to this woman again. worst experience of my life. I still cant get over the fact that this woman is actually a specialist doctor, in 5 mins this woman gave me 3 medications and only 1 test which is my blood pressure, she prescribed me sleeping pills for chronic headache, and said I need to stay away from certain food to avoid headache, she claims the receptionist will give me a list of the foods, only for the receptionist to tell me I have to pay $1 for it. she ask me to read the list of #9 on the wall, didnt ask if I wear glasses, no background information. she read a long list of food asking me if I eat those food, not waiting for a reply she moved through her list, them she told me the list of food we discussed are triggers of headaches, in my mind I was like "discussed" when? Honestly its been 2 hours since I had my appointment and I'm so disturbed. I wouldn't send even my enemy to see her. She needs to go to a rehab or something because I do believe she has an issue. Her behavior was just not of a normal person.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

This "doctor" told my family member that she has a serious disease on the first visit – FIRST VISIT - and prescribed strong meds for it that have a ton of side effects. No tests were done – she just diagnosed and prescribed. Her demeanor is unprofessional and she lacks empathy. Not impressed at all and if I could rate in the negatives, I would.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

My Cardio doc referred me to her. He told his assistant " you know her, she a bit loopy " making a gesture with hand. Bully Rude No patience or proper manner. Sarcasm is part of her personality and evident. I found out that if you stare her down and speak in a no nonsense tone she will listen somewhat....and I'm sorry but you present yourself as half asleep and not quite with it. I will be relieved when we are done. Why Dr. Hill would you send me to such a person....smh

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

THE WORST DOCTOR EVER! Extremely rude, no knowledge of what she is doing and so unorganized. SHE LITERALLY TOLD ME TO GET OUT OF HER OFFICE BY POINTING TOWARDS THE DOOR WHEN I WAS ASKING QUESTIONS. She doesn't even knows how to read the reports properly. There's so much more I want to add but don't want to type that much. All in all, dont ever go to her. If you get an appointment with her, cancel it and find someone else otherwise you will end up wasting time like I did.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Extremely rude, no professionalism switching doctors as soon as I can. Don't waste your time with her.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I'm at a loss to understand why Dr Koponen gets such poor feedback. My experience with her is positive.......she is professional and punctual (which is very important to me) . Her 'bedside manner' is probably not to everyone's taste.........but who cares?

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Well I'm pretty sure she has lots of knowledge judging by all achievements on her wall but you would never know. She told me "if you can't text and drive you can't have seizures and drive", "I have to take your licence away". It was already heart breaking news that was sick but to be told in that manner was the worst.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

The worst professional and to the extent human being I've encountered in my entire life. I just filed a complaint to the College of physicians and will encourage everyone who was subjected to an unfortunate experience to see this person live to do the same! If you've been referred to her DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ATTEND THAT APPOINTMENT. Cancel it. I agree with every singe comment written below, and I am hopping my complain will get a feedback. This doctor does not have any respect to her patience and she doesn't hid it. You will be subjected to such a treatment that it will leave you speechless. She is rude, unprofessional. doesn't care, doesn't listen and really don't even do any testing, rolls her eyes and laughs at your face if you ask questions - literally!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Seems to be in the wrong profession and generally an unhappy person. Questioned why I was there despite the referral. If your family doctor refers you to this person - ask them to find another doctor. Absolute waste of tax payer dollars. Staff were useless automatons, however this may simply be a reflection of how poorly they are treated by this idiot.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Like another poster said, report her to the college. I did that to one doctor who did something not nearly as bad and despite the fact the college ultimately protects their own, he still got his asz handed to him by the college it was satisfaction knowing he had to go through it and was cautioned. I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy having g to see her tomorrow, but I'll hand her her azz and attitude back. Then report her.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017