Ratings for Dr. Cilliers Marais

After seeing Dr. Marais for 18+ great years I no longer care how helpful, knowledgeable or any other positive thing he may be, there is no way I would ever return if his miserable wife is still there, She is easily the most arrogant, snotty and rude human being I have ever met in my 60 years. One year ago this little princess verbally attacked me, insulting me numerous times and I'm almost certain she tried to slap me in the face. If I didn't like waiting for 10 invisible patients to be seen first, then I should 'get out'. I was told twice that if I didn't like her attitude then I was free to leave to see another doctor. There was more but by then it didn't matter, this woman is insane. The BC College of Physicians and Surgeons after hearing all of this, with no names used but my own so far, told me that I had a moral obligation to complain officially. I simply didn't then or now have the energy and my depression nearly got the best of me soon after. I think I got in about 6 words, it's difficult to speak when your chin is on the floor. Every word of this is true, I sincerely wish it wasn't. I know I'm not the first to witness this and I have to wonder over how many other patients this sick person has hurt. There can be no chance that Dr. Marais is unaware and doesn't know what his vicious wife is doing. So far this has cost me one awful year of my life, half of which I can barely remember. For me serious stress always = serious depression, it's ironic that I was there that day to get help dealing with the depression I normally lived with

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Dr Marais is one of the best doctors I have had. I travel from North delta to see him. He has always been helpful with my health problems and more recently has been very supportive as I deal with a workplace back injury and try and move forward with disabilities in a new profession.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Love him best doctor in town. My family doctor and delivered my 4 boys . Wait can be long but tottally worth it. Went to another doc for 2 years one problem. . He solved it in a week.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Marais it a carring Dr. He is always listening and also my kids love him he always has a lollipop for them. He takes the time to listen to you and also will ask you about your family and how they are doing. He is a true Dr. And loves his work.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I cannot recommend Dr. Marais - he is nice and friendly but when it comes down to doing his job - delivering a baby and following he fell extremely short. He ended up not having the right files at the hospital for me, he never ended up delivering my baby boy. And when he came to visit me after the birth - he dropped off a pink doll - knowing the entire time I was having boy. I just felt like a number to him and he didn't bother to care about the details.

Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr Marais is not only an excellent doctor, but a genuine, caring man. His patients are extremely lucky to have him!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

After reading the previous comments I can honestly say the receptionist has never been rude to me or my son, and in fact my son and I loved her, but haven't seen her in a while (long brown hair) she always remembered our names when she saw us! The new one there now was very helpful in offering another Dr in the clinic to see if I was in a rush instead of waiting 1.5hrs with my one year old. It takes long to see him because you get the extra care and attention. He doesn't look for the easy fix. We recently changed Drs to him last year as mine retired -and there are a million great things I can say about Dr Marais - #1 was helping with my preemie son after he came home from the NICU. He made sure we came in every week to weigh him to make sure he was growing properly and that he was eating well and also things for myself that my previous Dr failed to help me with - proper migraine medication especially! As a nurse myself it's great to be fortunate enough to have a family Dr at all as we will only go to the ER if it is an actual emergency (and would rather not go to a walk-in clinic). Dr Marais is exceptionally knowledgeable and we're so lucky to have him! Thank you! Cindy

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr Marais is the best Dr ever!! Yes his waits can be long but it's because he takes so much time with each patient and when it comes to you turn to see him you get that same amount of time spent on you. I have never experienced his receptionist being anything but nice! We was amazing when pregnant with my son and even more amazing when it was time to deliver I had an emergency c section and he stayed with me the entire time and even while I was recovering not to mention it was in the middle of the night. He is now our family Dr and I couldn't feel more lucky that he is. He is amazing with my son and I and takes so much time with us at our appt. I could keep going on and on how great he his, so down to earth great personality! Thank you Dr marais for being so awesome!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I think Dr. Marais is an excellent doctor. He is down to earth and is great with my son. The wait time sucks, but the treatment makes up for it. However I find the receptionist terribly rude, almost to the point of me wanting to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I have had Dr Maria's for two of my children's births in which both needed in emergency c sections Dr marais was an amazing Dr and very gentle he gave both my children there first teddy bear ! I now have him for my 3rd pregnancy and couldn't be more happier with 3 years between this Dr still remembered who I was and concerns with my previous pregnancy

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015