You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Cilliers Marais

After reading the previous comments I can honestly say the receptionist has never been rude to me or my son, and in fact my son and I loved her, but haven't seen her in a while (long brown hair) she always remembered our names when she saw us! The new one there now was very helpful in offering another Dr in the clinic to see if I was in a rush instead of waiting 1.5hrs with my one year old. It takes long to see him because you get the extra care and attention. He doesn't look for the easy fix. We recently changed Drs to him last year as mine retired -and there are a million great things I can say about Dr Marais - #1 was helping with my preemie son after he came home from the NICU. He made sure we came in every week to weigh him to make sure he was growing properly and that he was eating well and also things for myself that my previous Dr failed to help me with - proper migraine medication especially! As a nurse myself it's great to be fortunate enough to have a family Dr at all as we will only go to the ER if it is an actual emergency (and would rather not go to a walk-in clinic). Dr Marais is exceptionally knowledgeable and we're so lucky to have him! Thank you! Cindy

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr Marais is the best Dr ever!! Yes his waits can be long but it's because he takes so much time with each patient and when it comes to you turn to see him you get that same amount of time spent on you. I have never experienced his receptionist being anything but nice! We was amazing when pregnant with my son and even more amazing when it was time to deliver I had an emergency c section and he stayed with me the entire time and even while I was recovering not to mention it was in the middle of the night. He is now our family Dr and I couldn't feel more lucky that he is. He is amazing with my son and I and takes so much time with us at our appt. I could keep going on and on how great he his, so down to earth great personality! Thank you Dr marais for being so awesome!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I think Dr. Marais is an excellent doctor. He is down to earth and is great with my son. The wait time sucks, but the treatment makes up for it. However I find the receptionist terribly rude, almost to the point of me wanting to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I have had Dr Maria's for two of my children's births in which both needed in emergency c sections Dr marais was an amazing Dr and very gentle he gave both my children there first teddy bear ! I now have him for my 3rd pregnancy and couldn't be more happier with 3 years between this Dr still remembered who I was and concerns with my previous pregnancy

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Blonde receptionist is horrible! Not sure why she's still working there. Doctor is okay, but it's impossible to see him and when I do get an appointment, I find I'm waiting an hour each time.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

To start with, I have never felt the receptionist was rude at all. If anything, she is very friendly. She always recognizes me and has a smile. As for Dr. Marais, I believe he was one of the best doctors around. Now he is just too busy. It is very difficult to get in to see him, but the Mageta clinic feels like a team approach so that when I go to the walk in side, I feel like they all know me. I have seen a lot of different doctors lately for an unknown condition and Dr. Marais seems like the only one who is confident in finding an answer. He is very friendly and he always asks me about something in my personal life and also asks about my family. I just wish it didn't take so long to get in for an appointment.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I've seen Dr. Marais for 15 years now. He is an excellent doctor, really knows his job. I've lost count of the number of times his help was not in medicine, but some other aspect of my life that was likely not doing so well. I got through a major illness, it was very serious and surviving it wasn't guaranteed, this doctor played a major roll in my getting well. When I count the blessings in my life, and I always do, among other things I'm grateful I'm being treated by this doctor. I've read some awful ratings on this page regarding a member of his staff being very rude. I must catch them all on their better days, they have always treated me with respect.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I have to agree with the other comments regarding the absolutely inappropriate and unprofessional way his receptionist treats his patients. On multiple occasions I have been spoken to poorly and made to feel horrible for simply asking a question such as "will the Dr. be long?". I have witnessed the receptionist turning to the other receptionist sitting beside her gossiping and rolling her eyes. I have also had other patients observe this behaviour. After switching to this doctor because he delivered my baby (from a great doctor & reception in New West) I wonder if it is worth the stress suffered to go in for an appointment or to switch doctors. Life is stressful enough to have to worry about how you will be treated in a place where you should feel at ease, safe, respected and valued as a client.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr Marais is never on time.... I could deal with that if he could remember who I was when I came in to see him after many visits. dr Marais called me back to review some blood work and looked puzzled when I told him he called me in. It is very disappointing going from a five star Dr like Dr Fernandez to a 3 star Dr like this. He doesn't take the time to talk to you or take things seriously. Plus his receptionist is rude.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I have been with Dr. Marais for 15 years and I am contemplating changing physicians because of his rude receptionist. First of all it is has become almost impossible to see Dr. Marais as he is never available. If you go during drop in times you will wait for 4 hours to see him, as his receptionist refuses to make a list of names on a first come first serve basis. When you leave the offices you feel even more sick because of her rudeness and the way she treats his patients. I have made a point of being extremely nice to her but no avail, I have heard many people cursing at her because of her attitude and the long wait times. Dr. Marais is always late and sometimes he is on call lately I have felt rushed in consulting with him. I really like Dr. Marais however I am not going to deal with his rude receptionist anymore and his non availability for appointments.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Cilliers Marais's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After reading the previous comments I can honestly say the receptionist has never been rude to me or my son, and in fact my son and I loved her, but haven't see..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Marais is the best Dr ever!! Yes his waits can be long but it's because he takes so much time with each patient and when it comes to you turn to see him you ..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I think Dr. Marais is an excellent doctor. He is down to earth and is great with my son. The wait time sucks, but the treatment makes up for it. However I find ..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr Maria's for two of my children's births in which both needed in emergency c sections Dr marais was an amazing Dr and very gentle he gave both my c..."

June 16, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V2W0" to "V3Y 2H6". Address has been updated from "None" to "19150 Lougheed Highway". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16044651100".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Blonde receptionist is horrible! Not sure why she's still working there. Doctor is okay, but it's impossible to see him and when I do get an appointment, I find..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "To start with, I have never felt the receptionist was rude at all. If anything, she is very friendly. She always recognizes me and has a smile. As for Dr. Marai..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've seen Dr. Marais for 15 years now. He is an excellent doctor, really knows his job. I've lost count of the number of times his help was not in medicine, b..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have to agree with the other comments regarding the absolutely inappropriate and unprofessional way his receptionist treats his patients. On multiple occasion..."

November 6, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Marais is never on time.... I could deal with that if he could remember who I was when I came in to see him after many visits. dr Marais called me back to re..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dr. Marais for 15 years and I am contemplating changing physicians because of his rude receptionist. First of all it is has become almost impo..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Marais is such a kind and non-judgemental doctor. He has helped me a great deal and although I don't see him often he is always there when I need him. His st..."

September 19, 2014
  • City changed from "Pitt Meadows" to "Maple Ridge"

April 13, 2013
  • City changed from "Maple Ridge" to "Pitt Meadows"

June 23, 2012