Ratings for Dr. Cilliers Marais

Dr. Marlis is the first doctor that has cared about my current pregnancy and previous miscarriage. He is very knowledgable and genuinely kind. I am going to be sticking with him!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I met Dr.Marais as a walk in patient at his clinic. He was very friendly and helpful. I just got a phone call from him tonight at 9:45 to check on me and see if I was doing ok as he had just got my results back from the tests that he sent me for Saturday. He was concerned and wanted to make sure I was on the correct ones. My own family doctor has never done this and I truley appreciated his care and concern.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Best doctor I have had bar none he is truly the best been with him over 10 years Mike W

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr Marais was my Doctor during my pregnancy and delivered my first baby. During my visits I found he was very knowledgable and took good care of my baby and I. However, when it came time for delivery I feel he fell short and didn't meet my requests for birth. I felt he was always in a rush, both during appointments and during the delivery. I really wanted delayed cord clamping after my baby was born, but that didn't happen and I am disappointed. He was always behind in the office, which wouldn't bother me if I didn't feel like my appointments were always rushed. I also found the receptionist rude at times. Although I was happy with his medical knowledge, I wouldn't use him again for future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr Marais is one of the best doctors I have had. I travel from North delta to see him. He has always been helpful with my health problems and more recently has been very supportive as I deal with a workplace back injury and try and move forward with disabilities in a new profession.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Love him best doctor in town. My family doctor and delivered my 4 boys . Wait can be long but tottally worth it. Went to another doc for 2 years one problem. . He solved it in a week.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Dr. Marais it a carring Dr. He is always listening and also my kids love him he always has a lollipop for them. He takes the time to listen to you and also will ask you about your family and how they are doing. He is a true Dr. And loves his work.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

I cannot recommend Dr. Marais - he is nice and friendly but when it comes down to doing his job - delivering a baby and following he fell extremely short. He ended up not having the right files at the hospital for me, he never ended up delivering my baby boy. And when he came to visit me after the birth - he dropped off a pink doll - knowing the entire time I was having boy. I just felt like a number to him and he didn't bother to care about the details.

Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr Marais is not only an excellent doctor, but a genuine, caring man. His patients are extremely lucky to have him!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

After reading the previous comments I can honestly say the receptionist has never been rude to me or my son, and in fact my son and I loved her, but haven't seen her in a while (long brown hair) she always remembered our names when she saw us! The new one there now was very helpful in offering another Dr in the clinic to see if I was in a rush instead of waiting 1.5hrs with my one year old. It takes long to see him because you get the extra care and attention. He doesn't look for the easy fix. We recently changed Drs to him last year as mine retired -and there are a million great things I can say about Dr Marais - #1 was helping with my preemie son after he came home from the NICU. He made sure we came in every week to weigh him to make sure he was growing properly and that he was eating well and also things for myself that my previous Dr failed to help me with - proper migraine medication especially! As a nurse myself it's great to be fortunate enough to have a family Dr at all as we will only go to the ER if it is an actual emergency (and would rather not go to a walk-in clinic). Dr Marais is exceptionally knowledgeable and we're so lucky to have him! Thank you! Cindy

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015