Ratings for Dr. Cassim M. Igram

I had a spinal cervical stenosis and anterolisthesis. I could barely walk with a cane and had lost feeling in both my hands and feet. No less than five other doctors or PAs had told me surgery could stop the progression of the problems but held out no hope for improvement. Dr, Igram performed my surgery and the next day I walked without a cane. I regained the feeling in my hands and feet. I consider him to be a miracle worker. I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for thirteen years and have had exposure to many surgeons. They just don't get any better than Dr. Igram.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Igram is a horrible Dr. Talks out of both sides of his mouth. Does not listen to patient concerns and puts things in the medical records that weren't even discussed. He is a total failure as a spine surgeon.................

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

The Dr. was not interested in me at all. Briefly looked at my X Rays, and said there is no surgery or no shots. You do not need to come back. I have bone on bone vertebrae and am in pain

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

After these reviews from other patients, I am wondering why would work comp insurance company send anybody to this guy?

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Went to Dr Igram, I have been in terrible pain for months, had injections and diagnosed with a slipped vertibra by another Dr.Dr Igram said there is nothing wrong at all he couldnt do anything and sent me to another Doctor. very unhelpful couldnt explain the back condition to me, and had no intention to.acts like a workers comp doctor too me and my health ins paid for this. Ignoring your symptoms and pain, just wanted to send me away. I wont go back to him and will get a second opinion somewhere else.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2013

I rated as high as I could. Myself and family has seen him for years. Not only does he remember us during visits, or even on the street, but he also remembers my deceased father. I have never had his not call me back, and it was easy to get in to see him. I would recommend him to anyone. I know if I ever have to see anyone again, it will be this Doctor. Two thumbs up to Dr. Igram...

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

I'm extremely surprised by the negative comments on here. I had a diskectomy and spinal fusion done by Dr. Igram less than 3 weeks ago. Prior to my surgery, I was in intolerable pain. From the moment I meet him, knew he would do a great job. He listened to everything I had to say, answered all of my questions, and made me laugh which was nearly impossible to do, considering the pain I was in. He has been encouraging to me through every step of the process. After my surgery, I found out that he'd done a coworker's spinal surgery 13 years ago, and she has no problems. His staff is excellent as well. I'm so grateful to have found him. :)

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

Office staff is very rude. Acts as though you are invisible. Won't return phone calls. Nurse had me completely disrobe only for Dr. Igram to talk... no exam. Told me that surgery was only option, very little hope for any recovery, life long pain, etc. When I told him surgery was my last option he then suggested pain management injection but warned me it wouldn't help. Told me my job was the problem. Went to another doctor and support therapists. Got a lot of pain relief. Filed paperwork at job to protect my employment and then Dr. Igram denied any work related issues. Nurse told me they felt they were doing me a favor by denying work issues. She was very rude but she Promised to have dr. call me back but he never did. Office told me my bill was paid in full. Insurance company told them that they actually owed me a refund and low and behold, they found that I owe more money which just happens to be the same amount as the refund. Won't go back to this guy.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

Dr. Igram was absolutely no help what so ever. He told my husband he had arthritis in his back and to live with it and change his job. A second opinion revealed he had a narrowing of the spine and no arthritis. Surgery has fixed his problem. Dr. Igram is very arrogant and was no help what so every. His office staff were very rude also. The first and only thing they said to us was that will be a $45 copay. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2012

I saw this man a total of 4 times for a sciatic nerve problem.He first said there was no need for surgery..good bye.The next time I saw him I did get an exray or mri(can't remember)third time he concented to a spinal shot,last time he said there was nothing more he could do.There was never any suggestion of other options for me, none zero.Not physical rehab,chrio,10's,massage,home exersize.I am sorry to give staff such a low score but I was worried thi might rate him higher.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr. Cassim M. Igram's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)