Ratings for Dr. Joshua M. Alpert

I've had two separate surgeries with Dr. Alpert and in both cases could not be happier. The office is great and Dr. Alpert has a reassuring and confident approach. He takes all the time you need to understand your options. As scary as surgery is, I don't think I could have had a better experience.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I am in the operating room on a daily basis for work and have viewed many surgical procedures in the area performed by numerous surgeons. When it was time for me to get my own shoulder repaired, I went to Dr. Alpert. I was dealing with instability issues in my shoulder and it was progressively getting worse. Dr. Alpert was very understanding about my desire to get back to playing sports and lifting weights without pain. I'm very happy with the results from my surgical procedure.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr. Alpert is amazing. His attention to detail and ability to walk you through the steps all the way through surgery are extremely professional. Dr. Alpert repaired my torn meniscus. I felt better then ever after my surgery and recovery were complete. My surgery day experience was efficient and again handled in a very professional manner. I highly recommend Dr. Alpert. He is a true pro.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Great experience, Dr. Alpert reattached my bicep muscle and in just a few months I was able to get back to the gym. His office staff was very accommodating and there wasn't a lot of waiting around. It has been over a year since the surgery and there is absolutely no discomfort, arm feels as good as new.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

In my experience and several others that I know, Dr. Joshua Alpert is the # 1 surgeon for ACL replacement in the area. Before surgery, as I was planning on having the surgery with Dr. Alpert, I surprisingly struck up a conversation with someone in a completely different town who had had Dr. Alpert as their surgeon a bit of time ago. This prior patient detailed his excellent experience in surgery, after, and his good recovery. Having the same ACL replacement surgery as I, it was quite providential to have run into this person . What was even more compelling was that the longer I spoke to this individual the more I learned.... each of his immediate family members after injuries chose to have surgery done through Dr. Alpert and each person in his family said they had terrific experiences and healing. Not only did Dr. Alpert have great training and fellowship experience, but many attested first hand to his excellence as a surgeon. This gave me confidence that Dr. Alpert was one of the best and that my results would be similar. Going ahead with the surgery a year ago, I could not be more pleased with the whole experience overall, along with the skill, knowledge, communication, proficency, and results I experienced now myself. These five star ratings in all areas are definitly true. One couldn't get a better Doctor for ACL surgery than Dr. Joshua M. Alpert, a true expert in his field.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I had a labral repair done by him. After surgery and physical therapy there are things I still can't do but overall I feel like I never had surgery, no pain anymore.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr Alpert did a very poor job with the incision on my wrist. The incision was to remove a small cyst but has now left a very ugly scar and scar tissue. I believe he could have done a neater and better job.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I had rotator cuff surgery four months ago, have finished PT, and feel great. I have my mobility back and attribute that to Dr. Alpert's expertise. He explained the procedure in advance and set a realistic timeline for my recuperation. I'm thrilled with the result.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Dr.Alpert was the only doctor to diagnose my problem. I lived with pain for 7 months, and saw many other doctors and had numerous tests done, and Dr.Alpert was able to figure out what was wrong and performed my surgery. Dr.Alpert was so knowledgeable and professional. Great Doctor!!!! :)

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Alpert is professional, friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and accommodating. most importantly, it is obvious that every bit of it is genuine. I have seen him for numerous sports injuries over the past few years, and he has performed surgery on my right elbow, as well or my right acl tear (two very different surgeries). both of them were done in timely fashions, and went off without a hitch. i even healed weeks ahead of schedule. getting an appointment even on ridiculously short notice is never a problem and i've never had to wait more than a couple minutes. my experiences have been so stellar that i am even having my mother switch from her orthopedic over to Dr. Alpert.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Joshua M. Alpert's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish

• Chicago Medical School (Grad. 2002)

HealthFirst