Ratings for Dr. Sean T. Canale

My wife was referred to Dr. Canale following an abnormal mammagram which unfortunately was breast cancer. We are so thankful for Dr. Canale and the care that he provided. From the very beginning he answered our questions directly and very clearly spelled out our options and his recommendations. He always took the time necessary to ensure that we were well informed and understood everything that he was saying. My wife's plastic surgeon has since told us that Dr. Canale is the most skilled breast surgeon in Raleigh.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Referred to Dr. Canale for a breast biopsy. From the first visit, he looked me in the eye and answered my questions directly. He thoroughly explained the procedure and why it was recommended. Throughout my appointment and especially during the procedure, he was calm and reassuring. He explained what to expect in terms of recovery and when I would hear from him. I was very surprised that he planned to call me directly with the results. While waiting for results, I had a question and he returned my call in the evening with the answer. The tech who assisted with the procedure did everything possible to make sure I was comfortable. Based on all of the above, much of my and fear and stress was alleviated. I did not need any further treatment, but if I did, I would have been confident under his care. There truly is nothing that I could list as a negative from my experience and I would highly recommend Dr. Canale to anyone who needs a similar procedure.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I discovered a lump in breast and saw Dr. S. Canale. Having had 1 breast removed several years ago, I told him to take "it" off. Next day surgery,stayed overnight and came home. I highly recommend Dr. Canale.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

Very good doctor, takes his time, answers questions and listens to any concerns, good disposition.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

I was extremely pleased with Dr. Canale. I was diagnosed with cancer, and he patiently answered all my questions, and guided me through the process of treatment. He personally called me (I thought this was amazing - never had a Dr. do this) with results and follow ups - very important when you are in a state of shock about a bad diagnosis. Great bedside manner, great personality and a sense of humor which is important to me.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

My friend highly recommended Dr. Canale. I called to make an appt. for a breast biopsy, but he wasn't available for a few weeks, so I made an appt. elsewhere. He called me a few days later to tell me I could come in that same day. He examined me, did the biopsy, and everything went well. The following day, he called as soon as the results were in (everything was fine). I'm surprised to read these negative comments.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

I was referred by my GYN to use Dr. Canale for a breast biopsy. His bedside manner was good. I expected a good experience. During the procedure, he seemed incapable and minimally qualified to perform my breast biopsy. I do not feel that he is adequately qualified to be performing breast surgery. His surgical and technical prowess was not evident during my visit.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2007

Canale did a hernia repair that didn't need a mesh. He inserted the mesh which became entangled with scar tissue. Another surgeon needed 4 hours to remove the poor quality work that Canale did. I went back numerous times complaining of persistent pain which Canale ignored. The new surgeon said I did not need the mesh if Canale had gone in and looked before just inserting the mesh.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

I was forced to go to this man for a WC injury although I knew his reputation was not good. He did a shortcut on my surgery that ended up causing a major injury, and I almost ended up on disability although after nearly a year I had another surgeon reverse the damage Dr. Canale inflicted. He showed no caring nor concern about the giant hematoma I had developed, in fact the nurse "diagnosed" me over the phone, they did not want to see me. When the other problem developed he just sent me off to the pain clinic. I have been told by so many people who work at the hospital that he is completely incompetent. He now only does breast surgery, but still, RUN from this man and his practice.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2007

Dr. Sean T. Canale's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1991)