Ratings for Dr. Loretta Wong

Always long wait! One hour is considered short! sometimes 2 hours! the worst in term of punctuality. staff often rude. Dr Wong is knowledgeable

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

I have been with her for over 20 years. I only go there for annual check up. She is knowledgeable and very details. The wait time is 2+ hours on average. Need to call for appointment well in advance.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

This is my second time dealing the Friday secretary. She is the RUDE. I called and asked for an appointment if it can be move a little early on Saturday as Dr. Wong will ask me to go Ultrasound on the same day. However, the appointment I had is after the Ultrasound office's business hour. The secretary was saying, " I cannot help you, what do you want, I can give you on weekdays but you said you need to work." I was pissed, I am asking for a little earlier time for Saturday and told her the urgency. She told me to find another lab that close later on Saturday and hung me up. The secretary is not helpful and rude. Later on, I found that it's urgent an I had to ask my boss for a day off and my mom helped me to call to change the time ( I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH HER), she was screaming at mom saying that we are troublesome. I mean, if it's not urgent, I wouldn't be asking for change of appointment. Also, I wasn't asking for squeeze the appointment on the same day. I am making an appointment a week in advance. Dr. Wong cares the patients and she would refer patients to specialist if unsure. However, before getting to see Dr., we have RUDE secretary. Advise is not to CALL on FRIDAY.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

I am writing to follow up on my July 10 2017 post. It seems as tho Dr. Loretta Wong has read these comments and hired new receptionist. She is older however she acts normal, professional and is not rude. The wait times at this office are still long. I waited about 1 hr but it was to be expected. Waiting for Dr. Loretta is worth the wait in my opinion, she is knowledgeable, experienced and willing to give referrals when she is unsure.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Dr. Loretta Wong is a good doctor. My mom, sister and I all go to her as it is difficult to find a female doctor. However, the receptionist is the main reason I am giving her a 1 star. How can you have your front line staff treat patients in such a disrespectful manner. She needs to be train to work as a secretary. The wait times are also very unreasonable given the appointment time. I asked for the first appointment of the day and still had to wait 3 hrs. Ridiculous. What takes the cake is when I requested to make an appointment for the following year as this was an annual check up, the receptionist is the definition of a b-i-t-c-h and told me to call back next year to make an appointment. The reason why I was there was to make a future appointment and not to deal with the receptionist on the phone! Why is it so hard to make an appointment for the next annual check up? Is that too much to ask? From a receptionist? Please do your job.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

She's not a bad doctor, but oh man are her wait times loooooooooong. I had one appointment at 11 am, but didn't get in till like 1. Also, her staff is INCREDIBLY RUDE. The secretary was instructed to photocopy documents for me, but made a couple mistakes in giving me the wrong document in one case and forgetting to copy two pages in another. When I pointed these out, she had the nerve to get mad at ME for needing so many papers. Also, the secretary doesn't seem to pick up the phone. I think I tried for 1.5 hours to make a followup appointment. Totally searching for a new family doctor so I don't have to interact with her staff anymore.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

The receptionist on Friday is terrible (a few times that I called on Friday), not picking up the calls. When calls get picked up, she's very rude, not being helpful and said that she's super busy and cannot handle. Dr. Wong is nice and knowledgeable. However, with the receptionist being unhelpful and rude, it causes patients having hard time making appointments and difficult to coordinate with specialists

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Waiting time is more than 1 hour, and not punctual at all.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I have been with Dr. Wong for over 20 years and so have my mother and grandmother. I agree with many of the comments that the weekday receptionist is extremely rude. However, she has been better over the last couple months. The wait time is ridiculous. I minimum I've waited was 1 hour and maximum was 3.5. Average is always more than an hour. She is extremely knowledgable but tends to almost always send you a specialist appointment which takes months to get. The most frustrating part is the wait time. I went yesterday and there were 8 people waiting. EIGHT! Looking for a new family Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Been with her since I was a child, I'm 20 now. She's patient, knowledgable, and seems to genuinely care. Wait time is the only down side.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016