Ratings for Dr. Loretta Wong

Dr. Loretta Wong is a good doctor. My mom, sister and I all go to her as it is difficult to find a female doctor. However, the receptionist is the main reason I am giving her a 1 star. How can you have your front line staff treat patients in such a disrespectful manner. She needs to be train to work as a secretary. The wait times are also very unreasonable given the appointment time. I asked for the first appointment of the day and still had to wait 3 hrs. Ridiculous. What takes the cake is when I requested to make an appointment for the following year as this was an annual check up, the receptionist is the definition of a b-i-t-c-h and told me to call back next year to make an appointment. The reason why I was there was to make a future appointment and not to deal with the receptionist on the phone! Why is it so hard to make an appointment for the next annual check up? Is that too much to ask? From a receptionist? Please do your job.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

She's not a bad doctor, but oh man are her wait times loooooooooong. I had one appointment at 11 am, but didn't get in till like 1. Also, her staff is INCREDIBLY RUDE. The secretary was instructed to photocopy documents for me, but made a couple mistakes in giving me the wrong document in one case and forgetting to copy two pages in another. When I pointed these out, she had the nerve to get mad at ME for needing so many papers. Also, the secretary doesn't seem to pick up the phone. I think I tried for 1.5 hours to make a followup appointment. Totally searching for a new family doctor so I don't have to interact with her staff anymore.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

The receptionist on Friday is terrible (a few times that I called on Friday), not picking up the calls. When calls get picked up, she's very rude, not being helpful and said that she's super busy and cannot handle. Dr. Wong is nice and knowledgeable. However, with the receptionist being unhelpful and rude, it causes patients having hard time making appointments and difficult to coordinate with specialists

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Waiting time is more than 1 hour, and not punctual at all.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I have been with Dr. Wong for over 20 years and so have my mother and grandmother. I agree with many of the comments that the weekday receptionist is extremely rude. However, she has been better over the last couple months. The wait time is ridiculous. I minimum I've waited was 1 hour and maximum was 3.5. Average is always more than an hour. She is extremely knowledgable but tends to almost always send you a specialist appointment which takes months to get. The most frustrating part is the wait time. I went yesterday and there were 8 people waiting. EIGHT! Looking for a new family Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Been with her since I was a child, I'm 20 now. She's patient, knowledgable, and seems to genuinely care. Wait time is the only down side.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I have been with Dr. Loretta Wong for a long time. Two things really bother me and made me left her twice are 1/ her weekday secretary. She is rude and has very unacceptable behaviour and very bad attitude. She is not only a stumbling block to patients but also a bribe taker. Dr. Loretta is a good doctor, because of her secretary her rating is only 3 stars. 2/ wait time is way too long. Hope these two problems can be eliminated. Her secretary has to be fired......

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I've been with Dr Wong for 5 years now. She can be very judgemental, however she does know what shes talking about, most of the time. Her secretary is terrible (the older one), she takes personal calls to socialize and would make other callers hold. She is rude and will give you attitude for absolutely nothing. She needs to go. Im in the process of finding a new GP because this MD doesnt meet my requirements.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Wong for over ten years now. Agree with other comments about the rude secretary and terrible tardiness (I've waited over 2 hours once even with an appointment!!). The doctor herself is knowledgeable about medications and treatments. My one concern is that she is quick to judge about weight. Although this is a concern and factor when dealing with patients and health, It is not the only factor. She has been wrong on her diagnosis on more than one occasion when she hasn't pushed for further testing due to her thinking "it's your weight".

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr. Wong is an excellent physician. She is very knowledgeable and listens to her patients concerns and questions. The secretary during the weekday is definitely a horrible gatekeeper. She is rude and condescending. The only thing I dislike about Dr. Wong is she is always late coming in. Thus, pushes all her appointments late an hour or so.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015