Ratings for Dr. Timothy E. Foster

Top Doctor Superb Services My son tore his ACL in college last fall. We had a visit to Dr. Foster’s office during the Thanksgiving vacation and scheduled the surgery for the winter break. The office staffs were very compromising and placed my son’s surgery at the earliest possible date so that my son was able to have time to recover before going back to school. The surgery was very successful and Dr. Foster was so nice and patient to explain to us. He even gave us a video that shows the details of the surgery process, very cool and interesting. My son is fully recovered now. Thanks very much Dr. Foster, you are the best and highly recommended. Jeff C.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Very little pain after surgery. Had same surgery by another Dr. Before and recovery time and the pain was twice as much.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Foster is an excellent surgeon with a good bedside manner. A combination hard to find these days. He obviously loves what he does and he's good at it. After going to one of the Orthopedic Surgeons who also works on the Pats, (he obviously wasn't used to working on semi-athletic women and wanted to use a patellar tendon graft from my own knee) I went to Dr. Foster for another take on the surgery. He did a beautiful job. My only complaint was the rudeness of the staff at Boston Medical center. The BU staff were all quite nice.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Very accomodating, and skilled surgeon. Very little pain for both of my surgeries, and currently recovering well from my second.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Fantastic doctor! Friendly, pleasant and down to earth. Answers all questions and provides options to patients-doesn't just push surgery. Have recommended him to friends. Best ortho surgeon I've ever had. (I've had 4 knee surgeries)

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I've seen may orthopedists over the years and Dr. Foster is TOPS! Friendly. Conservative. He really cares about his patients. When he realized my injury was in need of advanced treatment he sent me to Dr. Gomoll becuase ACI was a better option then OATS. Once I recover from ACI I plan on returning to Dr. Foster for future treatment if needed. Can't say enough nice things about him. Be sure to ask for Tom the PA and not Joe.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

61 years old at time of knee surgery. 63 at time of shoulder surgery. 65 now (JUN 2009) and am still running and working out. He's kept me going and that's what I appreciate. If any orthopedic related problems come up again, I'm right back to him!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2009

Great Doc, excellent orthopod, conservative-doesn't jump into surgery right away-looks at all aspects of care, truly cares about the patient, excellent diagnostian, very fortunate to have as my orthopod!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2008

Dr. Timothy E. Foster's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)