Ratings for Dr. Lauren Woods

This is the WORST place to try and make an appointment by phone. It is really difficult to get through to somebody. I usually end up having to take some time off work to show up personally to make an appointment. Today I called at 3.40 and got the automated message "we're at lunch, re-opening at 1.30, DON'T LEAVE A MESSAGE." Oh really? It is now 3.40 and I'd sure like to make an appointment by phone before you close at 4.00!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

The one receptionist at the office - the older lady- is awful. She’s very condescending, whenever I talk to her I feel like I’m bothering her. The younger girl is very very nice and helpful. Dr. Woods always listens to my concerns and takes them very seriously. Within a day or two I am referred to where I need to be. I’ve been with her for 26 years and I have never once felt like she didn’t care or have the knowledge to guide me in the right direction. I do agree that getting ahold of the office is hard - they should really have a voicemail set up. But the care in the practice is great. She is generally on time with appointments. The mental health counsellor she referred me to is amazing and has honestly changed my life. I will be very sad when Dr. Woods retires.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

When I read some of the reviews I Can't believe this is the same Dr. I have. She's been my Dr. for almost 30 years. She has always been of great help in making sure my health concerns were met in a timely manner. I have always had great referrals.I think she's great.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Unless you are in the medical profession or have medical knowledge and are able to be an advocate of your own medical health Doctor Woods is not the doctor for!! My parents now seniors in late 80s have never had a colonoscopy or appropriate blood work ordered ever. Most senior citizens or patients of that era depend on the expertise of their family physician to assist them with their medical care. Dr. Woods is not in the profession cause she cares but is it for the financial benefits! She REALLY needs to retire!!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

I'm honestly shocked she's still in practice. She was my mothers doctor, tried to refuse my father as a new paitent when starting a family. The few times I needed to visit I was told I needed to pay almost $100 for a check up. Her being my only doctor I trusted that was normal. After asking around everyone was shocked that I was forced to pay before getting any real treatment. It's always been frustratingly impossible to book an appointment as the staff is rude and unconcerned about anyone's health but their own. If you ask me everyone that works there is in the wrong profession.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Cons: The filing system is archaic. The exam tables look awful. Dr. Woods often seems rushed. She seems to be away on vacation a lot. Pros: All my questions get answered. The staff has always been nice to my family. Dr Woods is friendly. The office is clean.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

impossible to get them to pickup the phone. front desk staff very unorganized

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

After reading these comments, I guess I'm not wrong. Her former secretary/receptionist was inept. She would call me or a family member & make an appointment, but when we attended the appointment we would be told that we had been 'derostered'!!?? O.k., if we have been derostered, WHY did she call & make the appointment in the 1st place? You don't call former patients or people who are not patients & make appointments for them. The new receptionist is just plain rude, & seems to know far more about my medical files than I'm comfortable with. Is she peeking into private medical files or are patients up for general discussion within the office? I understand that receptionists must ask a few question to prioritise patients, but there is no need to get intrusive about it! I got a very silly, & rather nasty letter on the offices personal letterhead. No one seems to want to own up to it or take any responsibility for sending it. Is the office now operating on a Gr. 5 female bully level? My family & I have been patients for over 16 years, but Enough is Quite Enough!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr Woods has been my Dr for 30 years. Charlene and the staff are great For me, she has been a great doctor

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. Woods' was no help when it came to myself looking for a therapist to talk to. She set me up with someone who just gave me literature to read and then recite back to him. Their office staff never answer the phone or remember who you are. Once I waited over an hour and a half for an appointment making me late for work. The Dr is scatterbrained and cannot tell simple symptoms from serious ones. If it were up to me, her medical license should be re-evaluated.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016