You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Lauren Woods

I absolutely LOVE Dr Woods! I have been going to her since the late 80s...in fact, she delivered both my, now adult children! My entire family go to her...she is very knowledgeable and very quick to refer to, or at very least confer with, another Dr/Specialist if she is unsure what the issue may be. She has saved my mother's life, literally, on 2 separate occasions. I would agree that past staff have been questionable, however, current staffing seems to be quite adequate, efficient and friendly when you reach them. I also agree that you may have to wait to see her when in office, however, I find that refreshing as it means that she is listening to her patients & will also do the same when she gets to me!! We had moved away for several years & I was missing her the entire time...so happy to be back & feeling very fortunate to have her as our family Dr once again!!!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Dr woods is an absolutely horrible Doctor. Shes so condescending, her staff are extremely rude and trying to get a hold of them on the phone is impossible. So glad I switched!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

The staff are absolutely terrible. Well the one women is at least. Dr woods is amazing tho so it's hard for me to switch doctors, shed delivered me. Very very very hard to get a hold of tho iv been calling everyday for about a week now. Keeps going to voicemail. They need another phone line or be able to take voicemails.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

I am currently seeking a new GP. I have simply had enough of this doctor's lack of ability or genuine concern. On numerous occasions over the years I have had to insist on seeing a specialist even though Dr. Woods couldn't acknowledge a good enough reason... the specialists then asked why it took so long for me to have this situation addressed, because the issues were very real indeed. In two instances, Dr. Woods prescribed medications that the pharmacist later questioned because it was so evident that the medication would have been extremely detrimental in combination with my other health issues. I ripped those scripts up and went to a walk-in. Twice, the doctor has alarmed me with a lot of talk of very serious conditions she felt I could potentially have, she even treated me repeatedly for a condition - but as I learned from a specialist later - I DIDN'T HAVE THAT CONDITION AT ALL! The specialist even rolled her eyes when I told her what Dr. Woods had said and done. I am deeply concerned for the patients who may still have that all-trusting faith in anyone with an M.D. after their name... because I truly believe Dr. Lauren Woods may actually be dangerous in her shoulder-shrugging ineptitude. While she is generally smiling and perky in her demeanor, I'm sure she would be too arrogant to be concerned or to take an honest look at herself upon reading this negative revue, which like so many on this site, seek to throw some illumination on her questionable practices. On a separate note, I also find it inappropriate that her office walls are covered with pictures of her husband and children, large family portraits staring down at you while you are being examined. It's awful. Shudder.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Dr. Woods' days as a good caring family physician are long gone. I had a physical every year and she failed to diagnose type II for four years straight. I found that out when I finally got to the Diabetes Clinic at McMaster and they reviewed my history. An extremely rude and unhelpful staff which she obviously couldn't care less about since her patients don't mean anything to her either. Honestly, the average pharmacist is likely to be more helpful, more knowledgable more professional and certainly more polite

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Dr. Woods is just OK if you have a fever and a cough. I have been with her for 10 years now and she just realized that I have varicose veins and my feet turn bluish/purple. I have had numerous physicals and she is not really interested in your health. I mentioned that my feet are blue and there is no interest in this whatsoever. I work for physicians that tell me that I should see a vascular dr. and get into compression stockings asap. Dr.Woods on my last visit, asked it anyone has talked to me about compression stockings. She is my doctor. why hasn't she spoken to me about this or send me to a vascular specialist. She said that as long as my feet do not turn white then they are OK. I also feel that I need to know my diagnosis before I see her and she will most likely agree with what I tell her. she may even question "what do you think"? strange for a Dr. to respond this way. I have to tell her what I think should be done and then it gets done. Yes, her staff is weird. Not at all sociable, no personality, and I dread having to talk with any of them. Everything feels like a burden when I finally get through to the staff on the phone. It is like I am destroying their day and pissing them off. The nurse, is another strange person who won't weigh me unless I want to be weighed. Shouldn't we all be weighed at our physical. She instead will ask what "was your weight last time". dahhhh... She doesn't read the appointment schedule because my cyst was on my back and she was looking at my legs..... dah!!!! also the office is piled high with patient's charts. get in the zone people, too much time is wasted and lost with looking for a chart that may be on the floor, behind t he desk, who knows... no one knows where it is at the moment.. Go there for only colds and ear aches unless you absolutely know how to diagnose yourself ...

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Wood while my physician was on vacation. Our initial exam was fine. She asked lots of questions and took lots of notes. I had a chest infection of some sort that had persisted for 4 weeks at the time Dr. Wood saw me. She sent me for a chest X-ray and blood lab work. The blood work showed certain anomalies as it was out to me by the receptionist. Ignoring this information and the fact I explained to her how much phlegm I was coughing up she prescribed me an inhaler as recommended by...get this, the radiologist! Yes I requested the results from the chest X-ray and written on the results page is his hand written note which she copied exactly as my prescription. This was a complete joke since the radiologist knew nothing of the reason for my visit other than a brief note on the prescription. So that was my experience with Dr. Wood. To make matters worse their office setup is a joke and she refused to speak to me about my concerns. Am so happy she is not my regular doctor. I think the hair dye she uses has seeped into her brain or somrthing

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I've only been with Dr woods for 2 years and she did not help me with any of my health concerns or referrals to specialists. I've had to go to walk in clinics many to times to get my health concerns addressed. My feeling is she is more focused on her future retirement then current treatments or her patients. I'm sure 15 years ago she may have been a good GP but it's time to retire and replace her with a physician that's invested in her patients.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I couldn't agree more with all of the comments on this site. I have been her patient for over 20 years and have NEVER actually been treated for anything that I have gone to see her for. The only time I ever received any type of help was when she was away for a month and I was referred to her on call doctor. If and when I finally receive appointments, I am rushed through while Dr. Woods taps her pen on her desk - as though I am annoying her with my issues. I currently have an ear infection and have tried calling the office 2x with no answer. So once again, I am heading to a walk in clinic to get the aid I need.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Dr. Lauren Woods's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely LOVE Dr Woods! I have been going to her since the late 80s...in fact, she delivered both my, now adult children! My entire family go to her...she i..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr woods is an absolutely horrible Doctor. Shes so condescending, her staff are extremely rude and trying to get a hold of them on the phone is impossible. So g..."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "At a young age I felt disrespected by Dr. Woods. She is unprofessional and rude. Couldn't be happier since I switched doctors. "

November 18, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "The staff are absolutely terrible. Well the one women is at least. Dr woods is amazing tho so it's hard for me to switch doctors, shed delivered me. Very very v..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I am currently seeking a new GP. I have simply had enough of this doctor's lack of ability or genuine concern. On numerous occasions over the years I have had t..."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Woods' days as a good caring family physician are long gone. I had a physical every year and she failed to diagnose type II for four years straight. I found..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Woods is just OK if you have a fever and a cough. I have been with her for 10 years now and she just realized that I have varicose veins and my feet turn b..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Wood while my physician was on vacation. Our initial exam was fine. She asked lots of questions and took lots of notes. I had a chest infe..."

September 15, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L9H0" to "L9H 1W2". Address has been updated from "None" to "269 King Street West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19056286042".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I've only been with Dr woods for 2 years and she did not help me with any of my health concerns or referrals to specialists. I've had to go to walk in clinics m..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I couldn't agree more with all of the comments on this site. I have been her patient for over 20 years and have NEVER actually been treated for anything that I..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Never available, not very helpful. Rude staff. Doesn't check up on her patients."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Woods delivered me and has been my doctor for 20+ years. Overall she hasn't got the greatest system going for her but this is all I have ever known. Everyti..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I notice ratings were a lot better 7-8 years ago and without the inclusion of a staff rating. I like Dr Woods but honestly there's never been much wrong with me..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I am not a patient of Woods but a person in my care is - the man who left the last comment. I regularly attend with him to his appts due to his age and health. ..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Vegetables better doctors. Corn has ears, potato eyes, cabbage head. 1 nice lady at desk"

December 2, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Exceptionally rude staff. Care about your health? she figures out whats wrong with you by the Occam's Razor method. Look it up, then you will know what kind of ..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Many visits regarding unusual trend of lethargy etc were received with "your just tired, try to get more sleep" attitude. After eventually losing 30 pounds in 2..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "When you see a doctor it is because you are in a vulnerable state. That said, there are 2 members of her current staff who should not be allowed to interact wit..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Woods doesn't know what she's doing, she's late to sessions and is always rushing through them. Her staff are rude and demeaning talking down to patients. S..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Her staff is considerably more rude than what should be socially acceptable for their profession Lately she seems to be just waiting to retire ,not seeming to t..."

November 24, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very bad experience with Dr. Lauren Woods, over a number of years. Her staff were often unhelpful and always very rude to me and everyone in my family. ..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "dr woods is an amazing doctor. i have never had a problem getting an appointment. the staff is very friendly and helpful. charlene is amazing , as is jeanine...."

September 21, 2014