Ratings for Dr. Kristin S. Nesbitt

I saw her a few years ago with the start of Dupejens Constrictor on my hand. She looked at my hand, said to lay it flat on the table (to see if the constriction was bad enough to not lay my hand flat) at that time I could lay it flat. She said come back to me when you cant lay it flat, then she left. She had a rude attitude. and we call her a Dr. what a piece of work.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

I feel very confident with the care of the staff here

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I had surgery, for carpal tunnel last week, and Dr Nesbitt couldn't have been more friendly, professional, and accommodating. She made me feel completely at ease and took the time to speak to my husband and answer all questions afterwards. I would highly recommend her, as well as her PA, Cathy Rose.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Nesbit is a thief and the most incompetent orthopedic hand surgeons that I have dealt with. I wish I had seen these reviews here before receiving care from MMI. It took three office visits to actually see the doctor and all Dr. Nesbit had to say when I actually met her was that there was nothing she could do for me or even provide any recommendations to mitigate my extreme nerve pain. She said that she does not treat patients with my condition even though I was very specific with her office staff about my condition, they still scheduled me for an appointment with a PA. When I arrived for the appointment, which took a couple weeks to schedule, the PA said it was inappropriate for me to see a PA and that I should see Dr. Nesbit directly. After I finally was examined by Dr. Nesbit she was not only unknowledgeable about cubital and carpal tunnel syndrome (her putative expertise) but she referred me to a plastic surgeon who has numerous lawsuits filed against him for malpractice!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

Went to Dr.Nesbitt for a thumb injury. Saw her several times, did physical therapy with no relief, went for follow up for her to say "I can't do anything else for you'. Very disappointed in being dismissed without any relief.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

6 months after Dr Nesbitt performed my elbow surgery I was still having significant pain. This was my second visit due to continuing pain. After a 5 minute"exam" she told me there was nothing else she could do for me, and that she wouldn't "drag me back in there." Needless to say I found another doctor for a second opinion... one MRI later shows I still have the tendon issues she operated for and potentially nerve and ligament involvement now as well. But she couldn't be bothered to order an MRI. Nice way to eliminate your poor outcomes Dr. Nesbitt!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Had Dr. Nesbitt perform thumb surgery a year ago. No issues with the surgery, the short-term healing and follow-up care, or the long term recovery from the surgery. She left a scar so small I can barely find it. She said that I would probably have some loss of feeling (nerve damage) due to the injury and the necessary surgery. There was a patch of skin about as big as a pencil eraser where I couldn't feel (felt leathery like I'd been burned), but this went away over time. I would highly recommend Dr. Nesbitt. Very professional, reassuring, and very talented.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Used MMI and Dr. Nesbitt 4 years ago to have a cyst removed. I have a new problem and went back to them/her. This time the front desk was rude, talked about people (including patients) while they were sitting in ear shot, no one smiles or even speaks to you after they call you back. Dr. Nesbitt gave me a total of 5 minutes (for 2 visits) and argued with me on another cyst that is causing a lot of pain. She stated "it's a lot of work to remove that cyst since it's next to an artery and you'll need bandaged up". Like I was some idiot and didn't realize that surgery is painful and I'd need bandaged up. She and the staff of MMI of Frederick Maryland were horrible and I left feeling that they could care less. I will be looking for a 2nd opinion!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2011

Excellent hand specialist.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. Kristin S. Nesbitt's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Kristin Nesbitt, M.D., F.A.C.S. is board-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and specializes in Hand and Upper Extremity Disorders. Dr. Nesbitt is a firm believer in conservative care and therapies working with her hand-picked team of certified hand therapists. When surgery is required, for most procedures she utilizes minimally invasive techniques that lead to an easier, faster recovery with an earlier return to work and activities. Dr. Nesbitt has published articles on various topics, including one in the Journal of Hand Surgery on distal radius fractures and the Journal of Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery on endoscopic carpal tunnel release.

• English

• University of Buffalo School of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Oxford