Ratings for Dr. David P. Franco

Dr. Franco and staff were very congenial and helpful. Dr. Franco took the time with me and my wife to answer all our questions and went out of his way to try to make sure that we understood. I may have not have liked his directness but I was very grateful for his straight forwardness and direct approach to my problem. I would recommend Dr. Franco to any one out there.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Everytime I need a refill on the meds he prescribed, it takes 3-4 weeks to get a prescription written. Staff is rude & not at all helpful. Phone rings forever & no one picks up. Never returns phone calls; mailbox is always full. I dread appointents with him & will be seeking new physician. He & his staff are not worth the aggravation.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Days after sleep test saw Franco for 5 minutes, he had already made a decision without speaking to me. You can't talk to anyone on the phone, just a recorder. The helpfulness of the staff is absolutely pitiful. Display of concern for a person's health was not visible.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Spends too much time on his cell phone during my appointments. Doesn't look at my records when making a decision.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

They do not return phone calls for days and the mailbox (Voice) is always full and other numbers for this DR have been disconnected. I was to be a new patient but after 30+ calls and no responses, i doubt i will.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

Dr. Franco is an excellent doctor. He diagnosed and treated my Asthma and Sleep Apneia. While sometimes there is a long wait, I don't mind waiting because I know when it is my time he will be through. If you tell other health professionals he is your doc, they also say you are in great hands. For me that is validation.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

He was late, never returned my phone calls and did not make me feel welcomb

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr Franco's staff is very friendly and helpful. He is a thorough doctor who will demand the same excellent care from his patients' other doctors too! I experienced this first hand. He takes care of my husband and father and I would not see any other pulmonologist in the montgomery area!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Has monitored my COPD for over a decade; diagnosed and treated my Sleep Apnea, and discovered a lung caner on a routine physical. He is professional, direct, and knowledgeable. I recommend him to any pulmonary patient. I'm surprised at the hostile reviews some write; perhaps an element of blaming the messenger - he's not a touchy feely type but I didn't find him cold or brusque either. Insurance: Tricare

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I personally did not like Dr. Franco. He seemed to have no personality, and he acted skeptical the whole time he was treating me, almost like I was making up my symptoms. He does not deviate on a patient to patient basis, and he is a "textbook definition" doctor, meaning that he treats each person the same. He acted like just because my symptoms were not exactly like the book described 100%, then I didn't have the sleep disease. As it turns out, I do, which I learned from getting a second opinion. He had no interest in treating me personally based on my symptoms in particular. Rather than listen to how I was feeling, he just tried to lower my medication when I clearly needed what he was given me. I dreaded his doctor appointments, because I felt like I had to "prove" my case the whole time I was there. The sleep clinic staff also gave me instructions that were incorrect, therefore affecting my results. I am thankful that I was able to switch doctors and find out exactly what was wrong.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. David P. Franco's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan