You may also like

Ratings for Dr. James Houston

This nitwit fobbed me off with grapefruit seed extract and astragalus extract for my 6+ month long recurring sore throat, after having blamed it on second-hand smoke and fobbed me off to wait and see if it would go away the first time. Despite it having responded to antibiotics , he would give none, and was as much use as a hole in the head. His bedside manner is also lacking--he had a hard time not laughing at me as I left.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Finally, I found a Doctor who was willing to listen to me. He took his time. Didn't rush me out the door and was really kind. This was a walk in clinic and normally I get shoved quickly out the door, but he made a difference today! I hope he becomes my family Doctor. He is an angel sent from God! :)

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

James is a wonderful physician. I have been seeing him for many years. He has always been understanding, compassionate, helpful and kind. It has been a pleasure to meet his son Russell, who I am so pleased to meet (and to know that when James does retire it will be an easy switch for me) his son is a fantastic doctor and I have been extremely happy with his care while his father has been away on a much needed holiday.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

I have had no Dr. In Brc for close to 10 yrs, all my children had left the nest so with my Nursing back ground I took a Preventitive Saftey Job w/ a major oil company in Alberta, so for many years I was in the field for 3 wksand out for one and would usually stay in AB on days, gave up my family Dr. And never had any issues that a walk in clinic could not resolve ! Dec 10 of last year I was diagnosis w/ cancer...... I had no family Dr. Doctor, for 7 mos I went through 2 surgeries and Chemo and having to go to walk in clinic, I fell through the cracks and was in and out of hospital. I was referred to Dr. Houston and he has taken right over my pain management and general care..... He is amazing and incredibly understanding, thank Dr. Houston and your amazing& staff :)

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I went to the clinic in despair after having been ill treated by many arrogant and dismissive doctors in Victoria, and no GP's available. I was so lucky to get Dr. Houston. I wanted him to take me off all meds gradually so I wouldn't have to deal with any more doctors, ever. Dr. Houston wondered what would happen to me if the meds I have been taking for 50 years were taken away and I said I didn't care, just would let whatever happens happen, as long as I could avoid Victoria doctors. He gave me an alternative way to continue with necessary meds w/o going through the same old stressful routine over and over and I left feeling so fortunate that I happened to get him when I was most desperate and he helped me with an easy and wonderful manner. I feel so blessed to have found him. I could have kissed his feet. He gets more stars than 5 from me. I'm giving him 10**********.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

I met Dr.James G.Houston on Friday the 6.2013 at the walk in clinic on Yates Street Victoria.As I recall it was my first visit with him.I explained to him I wanted my ear wax removed and said my left ear drum was ruptured 10 years ago.I asked him to be very careful and that I am afraid it would happen again.In the past I had the ears cleaned every year once and the doctors were very cautious about it and made it sure it did not happen again.Dr. Houston started the cleaning on my weak ear and ruptured my ear drum right away.The pain was incredible and after I reacted in pain he asked me what ear the weak was ?!? I was sure something bad happened and asked the doctor to look inside my just cleaned ear if it was ruptured and he said no.I asked him to look again.He said everything was ok.I left with great pain and went to my physician who said to me the left ear was ruptured again.And easy to see.Dr.Houston did not tell me the truth and I am very disappointed with him.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

James has been my doctor for 27 years. He has always been very helpful and patient. I love that he is open to alternative medicine. Best Doc in town.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2010

Dr. James Houston's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This nitwit fobbed me off with grapefruit seed extract and astragalus extract for my 6+ month long recurring sore throat, after having blamed it on second-hand ..."

October 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.victoriaeyecenter.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "77904". Address has been updated from "None" to "107 James Coleman Drive". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "13615780234".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. James Houston is amazing, brilliant, awesome! Anyone who has him as a doctor is very very lucky. Best doc ever!!!"

February 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am thankful to have had James as my physician for over 30 years. I know I can trust his advice without hesitaction."

January 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Family Doctor for as long as I know. Hope he doesn't retire anytime soon. He is great."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Finally, I found a Doctor who was willing to listen to me. He took his time. Didn't rush me out the door and was really kind. This was a walk in clinic and norm..."

November 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "James is a wonderful physician. I have been seeing him for many years. He has always been understanding, compassionate, helpful and kind. It has been a pleasur..."

September 27, 2014