Ratings for Dr. James Houston

Dr James H has been my GP for 10+ years. Very knowledgable with neuropathic pain! Seems a little quick with annual checkup. One thing troubled me recently. After presenting with chest pain he explained that it could be heart and esophagus and prescribed a reflux medicine to see whether it's the latter ... And, if pain didn't subside, to see him or go to emergency. My pain worsened day by day, episode after another, 4 days later heart attack, emergency room, 2 days in hospital, stent implanted. I think dr Houston should have been more proactive. I'll continue seeing him as my GP; will mention this the next time I see him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. James Houston has been my doctor for twenty-nine years. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and helpful. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

This nitwit fobbed me off with grapefruit seed extract and astragalus extract for my 6+ month long recurring sore throat, after having blamed it on second-hand smoke and fobbed me off to wait and see if it would go away the first time. Despite it having responded to antibiotics , he would give none, and was as much use as a hole in the head. His bedside manner is also lacking--he had a hard time not laughing at me as I left.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. James Houston is amazing, brilliant, awesome! Anyone who has him as a doctor is very very lucky. Best doc ever!!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I am thankful to have had James as my physician for over 30 years. I know I can trust his advice without hesitaction.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Family Doctor for as long as I know. Hope he doesn't retire anytime soon. He is great.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Finally, I found a Doctor who was willing to listen to me. He took his time. Didn't rush me out the door and was really kind. This was a walk in clinic and normally I get shoved quickly out the door, but he made a difference today! I hope he becomes my family Doctor. He is an angel sent from God! :)

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

James is a wonderful physician. I have been seeing him for many years. He has always been understanding, compassionate, helpful and kind. It has been a pleasure to meet his son Russell, who I am so pleased to meet (and to know that when James does retire it will be an easy switch for me) his son is a fantastic doctor and I have been extremely happy with his care while his father has been away on a much needed holiday.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

I have had no Dr. In Brc for close to 10 yrs, all my children had left the nest so with my Nursing back ground I took a Preventitive Saftey Job w/ a major oil company in Alberta, so for many years I was in the field for 3 wksand out for one and would usually stay in AB on days, gave up my family Dr. And never had any issues that a walk in clinic could not resolve ! Dec 10 of last year I was diagnosis w/ cancer...... I had no family Dr. Doctor, for 7 mos I went through 2 surgeries and Chemo and having to go to walk in clinic, I fell through the cracks and was in and out of hospital. I was referred to Dr. Houston and he has taken right over my pain management and general care..... He is amazing and incredibly understanding, thank Dr. Houston and your amazing& staff :)

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I went to the clinic in despair after having been ill treated by many arrogant and dismissive doctors in Victoria, and no GP's available. I was so lucky to get Dr. Houston. I wanted him to take me off all meds gradually so I wouldn't have to deal with any more doctors, ever. Dr. Houston wondered what would happen to me if the meds I have been taking for 50 years were taken away and I said I didn't care, just would let whatever happens happen, as long as I could avoid Victoria doctors. He gave me an alternative way to continue with necessary meds w/o going through the same old stressful routine over and over and I left feeling so fortunate that I happened to get him when I was most desperate and he helped me with an easy and wonderful manner. I feel so blessed to have found him. I could have kissed his feet. He gets more stars than 5 from me. I'm giving him 10**********.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014