Ratings for Dr. James Houston

Dr. Houston has been our family doctor for about 20 years. He was particularly good to my wife who died in 2009 and visited her at home in her last few months. He has a very engaging personality and is a good communicator. I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr James H has been my GP for 10+ years. Very knowledgable with neuropathic pain! Seems a little quick with annual checkup. One thing troubled me recently. After presenting with chest pain he explained that it could be heart and esophagus and prescribed a reflux medicine to see whether it's the latter ... And, if pain didn't subside, to see him or go to emergency. My pain worsened day by day, episode after another, 4 days later heart attack, emergency room, 2 days in hospital, stent implanted. I think dr Houston should have been more proactive. I'll continue seeing him as my GP; will mention this the next time I see him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. James Houston has been my doctor for twenty-nine years. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and helpful. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

This nitwit fobbed me off with grapefruit seed extract and astragalus extract for my 6+ month long recurring sore throat, after having blamed it on second-hand smoke and fobbed me off to wait and see if it would go away the first time. Despite it having responded to antibiotics , he would give none, and was as much use as a hole in the head. His bedside manner is also lacking--he had a hard time not laughing at me as I left.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. James Houston is amazing, brilliant, awesome! Anyone who has him as a doctor is very very lucky. Best doc ever!!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I am thankful to have had James as my physician for over 30 years. I know I can trust his advice without hesitaction.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Family Doctor for as long as I know. Hope he doesn't retire anytime soon. He is great.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Finally, I found a Doctor who was willing to listen to me. He took his time. Didn't rush me out the door and was really kind. This was a walk in clinic and normally I get shoved quickly out the door, but he made a difference today! I hope he becomes my family Doctor. He is an angel sent from God! :)

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

James is a wonderful physician. I have been seeing him for many years. He has always been understanding, compassionate, helpful and kind. It has been a pleasure to meet his son Russell, who I am so pleased to meet (and to know that when James does retire it will be an easy switch for me) his son is a fantastic doctor and I have been extremely happy with his care while his father has been away on a much needed holiday.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

I have had no Dr. In Brc for close to 10 yrs, all my children had left the nest so with my Nursing back ground I took a Preventitive Saftey Job w/ a major oil company in Alberta, so for many years I was in the field for 3 wksand out for one and would usually stay in AB on days, gave up my family Dr. And never had any issues that a walk in clinic could not resolve ! Dec 10 of last year I was diagnosis w/ cancer...... I had no family Dr. Doctor, for 7 mos I went through 2 surgeries and Chemo and having to go to walk in clinic, I fell through the cracks and was in and out of hospital. I was referred to Dr. Houston and he has taken right over my pain management and general care..... He is amazing and incredibly understanding, thank Dr. Houston and your amazing& staff :)

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014