Ratings for Dr. James Houston

I have been a patient of Dr. James Houston for nearly 20 years. He was recommended to me as a family GP by Dr. Abram Hoffer. He has helped me tremendously through the years with his expertise in solving health problems that I have. He is a caring person that really knows how to help people without the use of unnecessary drugs. Thank you Dr. Houston, enjoy your retirement. I'm sure your children will carry on as great doctors as you have. Yours truly Keith Loreth.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I was lucky to have James as My GP from birth until recently (31 years) there is not one bad thing I can say about him. When my Dad died suddenly he went above and beyond to support my family. He has treated my entire family and has such a caring and realistic approach. He doesn't push pills and encourages natural holistic approaches instead of writing a prescription. He is about solving the problem and not masking it with meds. He provide excellent female care and I am pleased that his son (my new family GP) harbors the same approach. How many doctors do you know that will still make house calls if needed?

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Dr. Houston has been our family doctor for about 20 years. He was particularly good to my wife who died in 2009 and visited her at home in her last few months. He has a very engaging personality and is a good communicator. I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr James H has been my GP for 10+ years. Very knowledgable with neuropathic pain! Seems a little quick with annual checkup. One thing troubled me recently. After presenting with chest pain he explained that it could be heart and esophagus and prescribed a reflux medicine to see whether it's the latter ... And, if pain didn't subside, to see him or go to emergency. My pain worsened day by day, episode after another, 4 days later heart attack, emergency room, 2 days in hospital, stent implanted. I think dr Houston should have been more proactive. I'll continue seeing him as my GP; will mention this the next time I see him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. James Houston has been my doctor for twenty-nine years. He is extremely knowledgeable, kind, and helpful. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

This nitwit fobbed me off with grapefruit seed extract and astragalus extract for my 6+ month long recurring sore throat, after having blamed it on second-hand smoke and fobbed me off to wait and see if it would go away the first time. Despite it having responded to antibiotics , he would give none, and was as much use as a hole in the head. His bedside manner is also lacking--he had a hard time not laughing at me as I left.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. James Houston is amazing, brilliant, awesome! Anyone who has him as a doctor is very very lucky. Best doc ever!!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

I am thankful to have had James as my physician for over 30 years. I know I can trust his advice without hesitaction.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Family Doctor for as long as I know. Hope he doesn't retire anytime soon. He is great.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Finally, I found a Doctor who was willing to listen to me. He took his time. Didn't rush me out the door and was really kind. This was a walk in clinic and normally I get shoved quickly out the door, but he made a difference today! I hope he becomes my family Doctor. He is an angel sent from God! :)

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014