Ratings for Dr. Ricardo Cook

Everyone is very friendly and caring. The nurse seemed as though she remembered me and seemed as though she really cared

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr. Cook rips off Medicare. I was sent there from Med Star Montgomery Medical Ctr. following an emergency trip to the hospital. I waited in pain in the waiting room for one hour before he even looked at me. Then when he finally graced me with his appearance...he didn't even look at my injury. He wanted to do something with my injury that the hospital had adamantly said not to do. He spent approx. 3 minutes with me and then left the room, never to be seen again. I sat there in the examining room for another 15 minutes waiting for someone to come and tell me I could go. No one ever did. I had to hobble out into the hallway on my crutches to find someone to tell me they were done with me. Someone at the end of the long hallway looked at me and said: "Oh, yeah. You can go." Then the thing that really made me furious was when I got my Medicare statement I saw that Dr. Cook had charged them $355 for his 3 minutes of nothingness. I will not be going back there.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR DO NOT GO TO HIM FOR NOTHING!!!! HORRIBLE DOCTOR I EVER SEEN!!!!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Rushed, dismissive, rude, unprofessional, and disorganized. After several misdiagnoses and years of unnecessary pain (not to mention more looks down my shirt than I require), I quit.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I had a broken bone in my foot. Dr. Cook called it an annoyance. He told me there was nothing he could do, and that it would heal eventually. Well, thanks... He couldn't tell me how long it would take, he couldn't do anything to relieve or manage the pain. He did suggest a number of options that insurance wouldn't pay for or he wasn't sure if insurance would cover. This was a WEIRD visit and I left frustrated and suspicious.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

My son fell-couldn't move left arm. Tech took xray of bicep area down to fingers. Dr. Cook looked at xray & said "He is just bruised." I said "Really? Because he can't move his arm and he cries when he does." He rubbed my son's forearm and said "I don't feel anything wrong." I said" that's because it's his elbow that hurts." Dr goes back to the xray and started complaining that the tech took picture mostly of forearm (with a tone that it was my fault that I didn't tell tech where pain was). I DID tell tech. As he looked at xray (again) he said that NOW the elbow "looked suspicious" & that he needs a long cast for 2 weeks. I said"That's based on a suspicion? How about something more definitive?" He looked up to ceiling, let out a sigh & with negative body language, rolled back to computer, looked at xray, rolled back & said "I can be definitive but it will hurt your son." I said I wanted definitive. He squeezed elbow, son cried, Dr said "He needs cast for 2 wks" (with cockiness)

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

I suffered a ruptured achilles tendon and ended up with Dr. Cook without doing much research. He chose to perform a particular type of surgical procedure which has a higher rate of re-rupture than other types without discussing the options with me. On my second follow up he did not even ask to look at at foot or examine me in any way. He simply asked, "how do you feel" and "see you in three weeks". Perhaps not surprisingly the tendon re-ruptured although his initial diagnosis was that "some scar tissue probably broke loose." It was my wife who suggested that maybe an MRI would be in order, to which he replied "that sounds like a good idea." The MRI indicated a total re-rupture. He still has not followed up with me...I simply abandoned him and went to a real doctor for a second surgery.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I found Dr. Cook to be very kind and knowledgeable. More importantly, I felt he really took into consideration the fact that I'm an athlete- and getting back to my training is of paramount importance. I've had many doctors brush me off with a, "Just don't do anything for a while." You have NO IDEA how frustrating this is to an athlete. Dr. Cook took the time to answer all of my questions about what I could/could not do, the expected time of recovery, etc. He even took the time to chat with me about some of my athletic endeavors- this shows a doctor who is truly interested in his patients. I also like that he is honest and straightforward. I would definitely go back to Dr. Cook... although hopefully I won't need to!! :)

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

I went to see Dr. Cook for my fractured tibia and fibula. The day before my surgery, Dr. Cook called me and said insurance didn't give him permission to operate on me even though he has submitted the paperwork. When I called insurance, they said they have never received his request. I called Dr. Cook back and he claimed he has submitted everything. Then he said let's reschedule because he was going on vacation for 2 weeks. My injury was very severe and I was running the risk of getting an infection. The doctor has not submitted important papers and lied to me about it. He didn't want to help my case and I called his office and refused any further services.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

My first visit was not very conclusive - I felt like he brushed me off to go home that day. But my 2nd visit, I felt much better. He performed surgery on me and I felt very confident. I'm still in pain, but feel like he's working with me. It's a very large practice though so punctuality can be problematic.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Ricardo Cook's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Commercial Insurance Company