You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Mark N. Hadley

I recently had a two level back surgery with Dr. Hadley and after 3 months I'm doing well. I am so glad that I ignored the few negative reviews about him and focused on the positive reviews. I don't understand how anyone can say that he is arrogant and doesn't listen, because he was totally the opposite. He listened to me and really cared about helping me. I've been to doctors who were self-centered and non-caring, and he is certainly not that. I feel that he is a good, intelligent, kind-hearted Godly man, who has definitely been given the gift to heal. I'm glad I went to him and would highly recommend him - 5 stars!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

After 2 opinions I visited Dr. Hadley and immediately felt he was the exact doctor I was looking for to perform my lumbar spinal fusion. I appreciated his confidence and no nonsense approach. I already knew what was wrong with my back and what my symptoms were. I needed him to tell me what he would recommend for my particular problem which he did. If I overweight I would certainly expect him to tell me that my weight exacerbates my back problem. That is his role as your physician! I am now 6 weeks postop and completely pain free for the first time in over 2 years! It was comforting to know I could get in touch with him at any time. Thank you Dr Hadley!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

In 2010, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and Spondylolythesis, 40% slippage of the 5th lumbar by a doctor in my home town. She knew I did not want surgery unless it was a have to case. She told me to see Dr. Mark Hadley in Birmingham because he will do and try everything possible before he will do surgery on you. Well that was the kind of doctor I wanted to see. My first visit with Dr. Hadley was exactly as I was told. He confirmed what my other doctor had told me. He was a straight to the point kind of doctor and I like that. I could have taken him wrong when he told me to go workout at the gym and build my core muscles to help hold my slippage of the vertebrae because that was all I had to help hold it in place. He also told me that I could possibly end up with surgery and gave me numbers to get in touch with him if I ever needed him. I did as I was told and stayed out of surgery for five more years. I knew in 2014 that my slippage was possibly worse so I went back to Dr. Hadley, my doctor that I had the most trust in. My slippage had went from 40% to 50% and I was having problems standing in one place. I could walk with no problem but not just stand. I also was having pain down my right leg to my toes. I had to sleep flat of my back because sleeping on sides was too painful. I had my spinal fusion in January 2015. I was immediately pain free. I did as I was told after surgery and am doing great. I am 5 months out and I feel that I actually have my life back. What a blessing Dr. Hadley and his staff has been, not only to me but my entire family. Thank you Dr. Hadley and staff. You simply are the Best☺ May God continue to work through you....The Darby's

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I saw Dr. Hadley as a 3rd opinion for my cervcal stenosis. I had suffered for several years with numbness and pain in my arms and hands. I saw 2 or 3 doctors for my condition all to no avail. Dr. Hadley was very professional, courteous and personable. He performed an in depth neurological and physical examination and discovered muscle weaknesses that neither I nor any previous physician had found prior to that time. He reviewed my MRI with me and then ordered more radiographs to answer his own questions not provided by the MRI. Dr. Hadley explained every detail of my condition to me and what would be required for treatment and or management. I was ready for surgical intervention and requested that Dr. Hadley perform the procedure as soon as possible. He performed the required surgical procedure on me within 3 days of my initial evaluation. His staff was very helpful and they worked as a cohesive team during my entire time in his office at the Kirklin Clinic and in the hospital at UAB. I am truly grateful to Dr. Hadley and his staff for the life transforming care I received. I now have no pain, weakness or tingling. I feel like I have my life back. Thank you Dr. Hadley. God Bless You.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I had lost most of my strength in my hands and had constant pain. I had seen 5 physicians, 4 specialists prior to Dr. Hadley. None of these other physicians knew what was wrong with me. Dr. Hadley examined me and looked at my films and said that I had a nerve compression in my neck and that he could fix me surgically. He did the surgery and I was immediately much better. I went from barely being able to feed myself to being able to do all kinds of cooking , yard work, whatever I wanted to do. He is the best. He will be honest with you about what you can expect from your surgery and whether he can help you. I recommend him highly. My case was not straightforward. He was willing to think "out of the box" to find my diagnosis and figure out how to fix me.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

As many have said if you are overweight don't bother with this guy. He spent the whole time of his visit telling me to join a gym and then told me Gold's gym had a special. Since I had already had back surgery a few years back I was looking for another opinion before making my decision. I had seen two doctors prior to my visit and both had reached the same conclusion. Hadley never even discussed my condition with me. It was only as I was leaving he then stated that I may need surgery.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

As with many patients of Dr. Hadley's, I have a very complicated spinal disorder. I was told by more than one neurosurgeon that they would not touch my case. When I found Dr. Hadley and he told me he would work with me, I was so grateful. Four surgeries and much work later, I am still able to walk and I have NO doubt that without Dr. Hadley's help, that would not be the case. He started with the least aggressive approach and we worked our way up to a solution that was risky but so worth it. I have now been a patient for 6 years and would never consider trusting my life to anyone else. He has shown me kindness and compassion....and sometimes truth that I might not want to hear! When I was searching for a doctor, I read all the comments, positive and negative, but decided to make my own mind up after meeting Dr. Hadley. I suggest that you do the same.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Hadley was extremely arrogant when I saw him. He really enjoys hearing himself talk, rather than listening to his patients. I couldn't even speak without him interrupting me . He was useless. He may have been the best in the state at one time, but not anymore - should just retire - likes to hear himself speak - then go teach!!!!! DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

He was my surgeon back in 2009. Fusion of L5-S1. He had no bedside manners and his staff was rude. My one regret is I wished I had researched more neurosurgeons, but I was told he was the best - NOPE. I traveled over 400 miles to see him, multiple times. The surgery was a FAILED surgery and I had my appliance broke just after 2 months. I did everything as I was told post surgery. From what I was told by other neurosurgeons who gave me second opinions is that my appliance was not put in properly at the correct angles, which is what caused the break. The irony in this is that no attorney would touch a malpractice suite with him - SO BE WARNED. I was 25 at the time of the surgery, 5'5" and weighed 160 lbs yet told I was over weight and that I needed to work out, really? He was no help after the surgery, when the appliance broke and many dollars out of pocket to travel to go see him. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!! I'm now 5 years post op and STILL dealing with the aftermath of Dr. Hadley. I'm told that if I'm to get pregnant my whole pregnancy will be high risk and on bed rest most of it - due to the botched job. I've been able to only maintain a simple life of living by being on pain killers and lyrica - which is not ideal and I'm trusting in the Lord for my healing. I still do all of my rehab stretching every night and yoga. I wonder how a man can live with himself and not want to take ownership over his wrong doings AND MAKE IT RIGHT!? Put all liability aside - how do you live with yourself? I'm not even 30 yet, for God's sake!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

If you are fat and want to be humiliated, don't go see this arrogant jerk! I had unsuccessful lumbar fusion and went to him for 2nd opinion. Drove over 600 miles just to be told I was fat, I needed to exercise and to take anti-inflammatories. I'm fat because I can't exercise due to the excrutiating pain I'm in idiot! He never once looked at my medical records...says he looked at my films, but I don't know. He maybe spent 5 minutes with me and sent me on my way! Don't waste your time or money!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Mark N. Hadley's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a two level back surgery with Dr. Hadley and after 3 months I'm doing well. I am so glad that I ignored the few negative reviews about him and f..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After 2 opinions I visited Dr. Hadley and immediately felt he was the exact doctor I was looking for to perform my lumbar spinal fusion. I appreciated his conf..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In 2010, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and Spondylolythesis, 40% slippage of the 5th lumbar by a doctor in my home town. She knew I did not want surgery ..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Hadley as a 3rd opinion for my cervcal stenosis. I had suffered for several years with numbness and pain in my arms and hands. I saw 2 or 3 doctors f..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had lost most of my strength in my hands and had constant pain. I had seen 5 physicians, 4 specialists prior to Dr. Hadley. None of these other physicians k..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "As many have said if you are overweight don't bother with this guy. He spent the whole time of his visit telling me to join a gym and then told me Gold's gym ha..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "As with many patients of Dr. Hadley's, I have a very complicated spinal disorder. I was told by more than one neurosurgeon that they would not touch my case. Wh..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hadley was extremely arrogant when I saw him. He really enjoys hearing himself talk, rather than listening to his patients. I couldn't even speak withou..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He was my surgeon back in 2009. Fusion of L5-S1. He had no bedside manners and his staff was rude. My one regret is I wished I had researched more neurosurgeo..."

September 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=59577'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 5, 2014