Ratings for Dr. Mark N. Hadley

We live in Mobile, AL. My daughter, now 24 complained for quite a while about her neck. She constantly felt the need to "pop" her neck, I thought it was a habit. I took her to a chiropractor locally to see if he could give relief. Well next thing we know, she is seeing a neurosurgeon as it was discovered her C1/C2 was unstable. Nothing in the middle connecting one to the other. WHat now I asked the Doctor here in Mobile. Well, he said she needs to have surgery. He said its a rare abnormality. I immediately asked for a recommendation and he said if it were my child, I would take her to Dr. Hadley at UAB. I said I want only the very best and having had her at UAB for heart issues as a child, I knew that HE, Dr. Hadley was the direction that we needed to go. We meet Dr. Hadley and his A+, top notch team and I knew immediately he was the ONLY Doctor I wanted to operate on my precious child! He is such a wonderful compassionate Doctor! He told us exactly what he was going to do. He answered any questions I had matter of factly, which I appreciate! it may not have been what I wanted to hear nor my daughter, but at least he was honest and up front. We knew what to expect. And the morning of her surgery, he spoke to me and my husband and said he prayed to God that morning about my daughter and he may be able to complete her surgery today, but he may have to manipulate her in the halo with traction for a few days to get to the place he needed to attach to at the base of her skull then attach to the C4 to stabilize. So up front, I knew two very important things. #1 -he is a Christian man! #2 -he wasn't going to rush and finish, he was going to take care with my precious child! And guess what!! He was able to successfully complete in one operation! We were elated, and forever grateful and thankful! Thankful to God for putting me in the direction of Dr. Hadley. And thankful to Dr. Hadley for treating my daughter as if she were his child. So when you need a neurosurgeon, Dr. Hadley and his magnificent team is the place to go!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Before finding Dr. Hadley, I was in constant pain. I could only walk for exercise. Six months after having an Anterior Cervical Disk Fusion, I am running 2 miles a day and walking 2 miles a day. I am able to lift weights again and I have lost 25 pounds. I am grateful to Dr. Hadley and his excellent team for giving me a life again. Everyone I came into contact with from the first evaluation to the post op appointment was pleasant and professional. I had to stay overnight at UAB and the service was first class. It was truly the best experience I have ever had in a hospital setting.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

I recently had a two level back surgery with Dr. Hadley and after 3 months I'm doing well. I am so glad that I ignored the few negative reviews about him and focused on the positive reviews. I don't understand how anyone can say that he is arrogant and doesn't listen, because he was totally the opposite. He listened to me and really cared about helping me. I've been to doctors who were self-centered and non-caring, and he is certainly not that. I feel that he is a good, intelligent, kind-hearted Godly man, who has definitely been given the gift to heal. I'm glad I went to him and would highly recommend him - 5 stars!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

After 2 opinions I visited Dr. Hadley and immediately felt he was the exact doctor I was looking for to perform my lumbar spinal fusion. I appreciated his confidence and no nonsense approach. I already knew what was wrong with my back and what my symptoms were. I needed him to tell me what he would recommend for my particular problem which he did. If I overweight I would certainly expect him to tell me that my weight exacerbates my back problem. That is his role as your physician! I am now 6 weeks postop and completely pain free for the first time in over 2 years! It was comforting to know I could get in touch with him at any time. Thank you Dr Hadley!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

In 2010, I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and Spondylolythesis, 40% slippage of the 5th lumbar by a doctor in my home town. She knew I did not want surgery unless it was a have to case. She told me to see Dr. Mark Hadley in Birmingham because he will do and try everything possible before he will do surgery on you. Well that was the kind of doctor I wanted to see. My first visit with Dr. Hadley was exactly as I was told. He confirmed what my other doctor had told me. He was a straight to the point kind of doctor and I like that. I could have taken him wrong when he told me to go workout at the gym and build my core muscles to help hold my slippage of the vertebrae because that was all I had to help hold it in place. He also told me that I could possibly end up with surgery and gave me numbers to get in touch with him if I ever needed him. I did as I was told and stayed out of surgery for five more years. I knew in 2014 that my slippage was possibly worse so I went back to Dr. Hadley, my doctor that I had the most trust in. My slippage had went from 40% to 50% and I was having problems standing in one place. I could walk with no problem but not just stand. I also was having pain down my right leg to my toes. I had to sleep flat of my back because sleeping on sides was too painful. I had my spinal fusion in January 2015. I was immediately pain free. I did as I was told after surgery and am doing great. I am 5 months out and I feel that I actually have my life back. What a blessing Dr. Hadley and his staff has been, not only to me but my entire family. Thank you Dr. Hadley and staff. You simply are the Best☺ May God continue to work through you....The Darby's

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

I saw Dr. Hadley as a 3rd opinion for my cervcal stenosis. I had suffered for several years with numbness and pain in my arms and hands. I saw 2 or 3 doctors for my condition all to no avail. Dr. Hadley was very professional, courteous and personable. He performed an in depth neurological and physical examination and discovered muscle weaknesses that neither I nor any previous physician had found prior to that time. He reviewed my MRI with me and then ordered more radiographs to answer his own questions not provided by the MRI. Dr. Hadley explained every detail of my condition to me and what would be required for treatment and or management. I was ready for surgical intervention and requested that Dr. Hadley perform the procedure as soon as possible. He performed the required surgical procedure on me within 3 days of my initial evaluation. His staff was very helpful and they worked as a cohesive team during my entire time in his office at the Kirklin Clinic and in the hospital at UAB. I am truly grateful to Dr. Hadley and his staff for the life transforming care I received. I now have no pain, weakness or tingling. I feel like I have my life back. Thank you Dr. Hadley. God Bless You.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I had lost most of my strength in my hands and had constant pain. I had seen 5 physicians, 4 specialists prior to Dr. Hadley. None of these other physicians knew what was wrong with me. Dr. Hadley examined me and looked at my films and said that I had a nerve compression in my neck and that he could fix me surgically. He did the surgery and I was immediately much better. I went from barely being able to feed myself to being able to do all kinds of cooking , yard work, whatever I wanted to do. He is the best. He will be honest with you about what you can expect from your surgery and whether he can help you. I recommend him highly. My case was not straightforward. He was willing to think "out of the box" to find my diagnosis and figure out how to fix me.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

As many have said if you are overweight don't bother with this guy. He spent the whole time of his visit telling me to join a gym and then told me Gold's gym had a special. Since I had already had back surgery a few years back I was looking for another opinion before making my decision. I had seen two doctors prior to my visit and both had reached the same conclusion. Hadley never even discussed my condition with me. It was only as I was leaving he then stated that I may need surgery.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

As with many patients of Dr. Hadley's, I have a very complicated spinal disorder. I was told by more than one neurosurgeon that they would not touch my case. When I found Dr. Hadley and he told me he would work with me, I was so grateful. Four surgeries and much work later, I am still able to walk and I have NO doubt that without Dr. Hadley's help, that would not be the case. He started with the least aggressive approach and we worked our way up to a solution that was risky but so worth it. I have now been a patient for 6 years and would never consider trusting my life to anyone else. He has shown me kindness and compassion....and sometimes truth that I might not want to hear! When I was searching for a doctor, I read all the comments, positive and negative, but decided to make my own mind up after meeting Dr. Hadley. I suggest that you do the same.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Hadley was extremely arrogant when I saw him. He really enjoys hearing himself talk, rather than listening to his patients. I couldn't even speak without him interrupting me . He was useless. He may have been the best in the state at one time, but not anymore - should just retire - likes to hear himself speak - then go teach!!!!! DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014