Dr. Steven W. Meisterling

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven W. Meisterling

Our time went very quick . Came out feeling great and pain free

flag | Submitted May 10, 2019

Out of all the doctors I’ve seen Dr. Steven W. Meisterling is one of the knowledgeable, Experience and understand Doctor I have ever worked with!! Im still recovering and it’s going great I expect to return back 100% thanks to Dr. Meisterling also like to add his got a very great and awesome staff !!!😊

flag | Submitted May 2, 2019

Acl reconstruction assessment and surgery. Dr. Meisterling and staff at TCO were professional, efficient, accommodating and kind. Surgical and pt facilities are excellent. Great results. I strongly recommended men’s Dr. Meisterling and his team for anyone considering surgery to address acl injury.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

As a young man, in about junior high, I began dealing with chronic knee pain which my mother passed off as growing pains. Finally, a trip to the doctor revealed I in fact had the beginning stages of arthritis in both my knees. The protocol at the time was a Hemiepiphyseal stapling surgery (I am NOT a doctor, so please know this may NOT be exact name of the procedure I had done – I had BOTH knees done at the same time). I can tell you it was a painful, two summer stint of surgeries and recoveries which were successful in limiting my pain, and allowing me a “normal” life for the next 30 years. I made it to 52 without “serious” complications. I did have a small surgery done on one knee after the removal of the staples for some internal issues which I must admit were likely due to my personal habits (competitive curling). At the ripe old age of 50, the effects of the earlier surgeries had “worn off” and I needed help. My wife and children “encouraged” me to visit another doctor, to evaluate my situation. I knew in the back of my mind that I was in trouble, but when I met Dr. Steven Meisterling, I immediately trusted him, and his opinion. The road to knee replacement was charted, and I never looked back. I just had my 6 week post-op appointment and I can say without reservation, Dr. Meisterling and his team has given me 10 years of my life back. My new knee is essentially pain free, I have amazing range of motion and I am truly getting my life back. Prior to surgery, I was very limited in my ability to get around, both at home, and at work. I coach track and field and the most recent season, pre-surgery, was brutal to say the least. Next season promises to be amazing given the success of my recent surgery. I will be able to grouse hunt, deer hunt, and just do the simple things in life that had evaded me for too long. At my last appointment, I was very clear to tell Dr. Meisterling that while he may be the “head coach”, the team he has pulled together is absolutely amazing. From the office personnel that answer the phones, through the nurses, PA, and to Dr. Meisterling the staff is outstanding. They have treated me with the utmost of respect, and professionalism. The trust I had in Dr. Meisterling on my first appointment was genuine and my instincts were accurate. I have scheduled my second knee replacement and I am confident that the outcome of the next knee replacement surgery will be as good as my first. With the support of Dr. Meisterling’s team, the physical therapists, and some work on my part, I will enjoy a long life of pain free living. Thank-you to all of you for your hard work, and in truly making my life better. I am truly blessed.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr. Meisterling replaced the articular cartilage in my soccer-playing son's knee. He was extremely knowledgeable and always made us feel confident that he would be back to playing. Six months after the surgery, he took to the pitch again (in a limited role), and I have never seen him so happy! He is off to play college soccer in a couple of months thanks to Dr. M. I can't say enough about his whole team!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Dr. Meisterling repaired my shoulder. It is MUCH better than where I started. Still recovering, but I expect to be back to 100%. Great team working with him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Meisterling is a 5-star surgeon! I missed the rating for the knowledge the first time so there were only 4-star so I entered the rating again to be sure that 5-star for Dr. Meisterling and his team!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr. Meisterling replaced both my hips and now I am pain-free and walk miles everyday. Dr. Meisterling is a caring person, he sent me flowers after my 2nd (left hip) surgery. I took a selfie with the flowers and e-mailed to all my friends. Many thanks to Dr. Meisterling and everyone on his team.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Dr. Meisterling is wonderful! He took the time to explain everything I should expect with my hip replacement and really cared about my recovery. His team was there for help throughout the whole process!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Meisterling did a wonderful job on a total knee replacement. Within 4 weeks I was able to return to normal activities with no pain.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Dr. Steven W. Meisterling's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Steven Meisterling, MD is a board certified orthopedic surgeon who holds a subspecialty certification in sports medicine. He specializes in arthroscopy (of the knee, shoulder, and elbow), joint replacement (of the knee, hip, and shoulder), and elbow reconstruction. Dr. Meisterling completed an orthopedic sports medicine fellowship at American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama with Dr. James Andrews. He received his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, and completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan. Dr. Meisterling is an orthopedist with special interests and advanced training in sports medicine. He has presented oral and poster presentations at national orthopedic meetings, is periodically published in orthopedic medical journals, and is the team physician for the St. Paul Saints and East Ridge High School.

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

• Arthroscopy