Ratings for Dr. Joseph Salama

First, I had called to make an appointment, and I was told that this general orthopedic doctor just looked at hands. However, the doctor himself (Dr. Salama) said he didn't know why they would say that, because he does in fact look at both hands and backs. I brought with me both x-rays and MRIs, and Dr. Salama only looked at the x-rays, saying that there "was no need whatsoever to look at the MRIs". Not only that, he rushed me through my appointment, and didn't bother to try and understand what I was going through. I had to have a paper filled out by the doctor for my job, and he just shoved it at his assistant saying "you just fill this out" right in front of me!! However, this assistant is probably the dumbest assistant I've ever had to deal with. I told her that the paperwork had to be filled out and faxed within a certain number of days, which was four days. Five days after, she called me and asked how to fill it out, and where to fax it to. The paperwork actually had the fax number in BOLD PRINT AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE. She said she would call back to let me know when it was sent. Instead, I got a letter from my employer about possible termination because this paperwork was never sent. I even called my employer to make sure. But NOPE. It was never sent. These people clearly do not give a hoot about their new patients. I would never suggest to anyone to go to this doctor. I'm surprised he even has patients. Needless to say, he didn't even try to treat my ailments, and his assistant is a complete ditz.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Once you hire him as your orthopedic surgeon, retain a lawyer. Horrible doctor who tries to tell you that he knows your body better than you do. In my opinion, this guy is a moron.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Short wait time, Dr Salama was professional and attentive, diagnosed problem upon examination, took X-ray to concur, treated with shot (minimal pain), gave exercise instruction to do at home and suggested physical therapy with Physical therapist group if needed in a month or two. Did not need. Puzzled by some of the reviews listed as I would definitely go back as needed and would refer him as well.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I went with my wife to her appointment for emotional and physical support. After being in a car crash, her back, neck and shoulder had been in a lot of pain, so getting around wasn't easy for her. As soon as this Dr. walked in, the arrogance and less than concerned behavior began. He came across as though he wished we weren't there, like he had so much more important things to be doing. (This was our first meeting, and he skipped the introductions and went right to saying, " What's wrong with you?"). A couple times during the visit he got himself so worked up, that he slammed down his pen, threw an instrument across the room in anger and rolled his eyes on three different occasions responding to his questions. This so called Dr. had me so angry that I contemplated physically removing him from the room and taking my wife out of there. My wife broke down and cried in the exam room once he left. I have 40 years of experience of seeing Dr.'s, this one isn't one in my opinion.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

Lazy doctor, no compassion, felt rushed, only helps you because it gets him money. I don't trust him.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Not many doctors around anymore like this - a solo practicing guy with a great office staff. Tended to my needs with professionalism and great care. Recommend highly.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

I wouldn't trust my knees to anyone else. He is an expert.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2012

I felt really rushed and he didn't seem to be very friendly or couteous. I had a cast put on and was evaluated by him in 10-15 mins. He didn't ask about my pain scale or offer me any pain medication for my broken hand nor did he go over cast instructions. Overall I would not reccommend him. I was not happy with her service as a doctor. However his staff was very friendly better then he ever could be.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2009

Always felt rushed by Dr. Salama, and when questions were asked, he didn't always provide answers. He seemed less interested in my concerns following surgery, and shrugged them off each time I asked. On the bright side, the staff was always courteous, helpful, friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2008

Dr. Joseph Salama's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)