Ratings for Dr. Peter G. Goldschmidt

I love this. He’s so knowledgeable, honest and kind and treats you like a real person who is important to him once the surgery is done.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

About 3 minutes with the doctor. No time to answer questions. Very unsatisfactory experience with both doctor and staff.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2013

needing a major reconstruction due to his refusal to treat me simply because I have a brain defect ( Agenesis of corpus callosum) and he told me I was faking the pain/grinding... After numerous tests,PT and cortisone shots I am scheduled for surgery at the U of M nov 6th. Not real happy this was put off to the point of degenerating and now needing a major surgery... tendon grafting, the ulna bone cut ( osteotomy Dr Adams said) and things realinged.. Yes I will be awake but a disability is NO reason to refuse someone help.. Shame on you! if you have a disability, don't see this guy.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012

misdiagnosed my hand pain/clicking.. told me it was "all in my head" well it got worse over the months so my family doc ordered an arthrogram which showed I have a ruptured ECU tendon.. which now needs a major repair becuase it wasn't caught in time! seeing a surgeon who is smarter and totally understands what's going on.. even reveiwed tests with my primary doc. I am NOT happy about now needing a tendon reconstruction because he didn't even test for it months ago!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

He did a surgery on my foot. After a good healing period I still had pain. He told me it healed well. Successful surgery. But after more time and still pain,I saw another surgeon Well, her x-ray showed it did not heal at all. She did another surgery, now it is great! Not only was the surgery bad, he lied to me about it.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

Our family has used Dr. Goldschmidt for about ten surgeries--at least. We have many kids who were active in sports, and I had two carpal tunnel surgeries as well as three trigger-finger surgeries. Needless to say, we think very highly of him. I have no complaints about him at all. He did a very tricky surgery on my daughter, and the Mayo Clinic was extremely impressed by his work. I do NOT however, make the same claim for everyone on his staff. Most of them are wonderful, but one person in particular didn't give Dr. Goldschmidt a very important message which resulted in my child not being seen by him (and we had to go elsewhere). After that, we had to play "catch-up" because the other doctor did not have the expertise that was needed for this particular situation. I really hope that the office worker would not do that to anyone else. Anyway, Dr. Goldschmidt is fantastic!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

communication?

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. Peter G. Goldschmidt's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal