Ratings for Dr. Derek L. Reinke

Dr. Reinke is an outstanding physician and takes the time to listen to your concerns! He also has a wonderful staff. The office visit was beyond excellent. I will for sure be back to see Dr. Reinke for future orthopaedic needs.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

I have a longstanding history of a left knee injury dating back to when I was in my 30's. In 2010, I had a meniscus tear repaired by another MD followed by physical therapy. I was "okay" but not 100%. I saw Dr. Reinke in 2015 seeking relief for my residual knee pain. He evaluated and tried cortisone injections without improvement. He then injected the hyaluronic acid lubricating injection series. MIRACLE! I have been fine until now (2018) and saw him today. Always professional and caring. We are planning to repeat the amazing injection series again. I am confident they will help. Dr. Reinke is a professional, caring, no nonsense doctor who has earned my respect not only as a patient; but also as a fellow health care professional as I am a nurse practitioner myself. I HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

It would seem the Ortho office has changed their rules for patients, even return patients, to require a referral prior to seeing Dr. Reinke again. He did my right meniscus a few years ago and did a great job. Now it is hurting and I need to have it looked at. Upon calling the office for an appointment, I was told about the new policy and was told it was BCBS who changed it back in March of 2018. But when I spoke to a rep at BCBS, she told me they never require a referral. She called Cary Ortho to tell them that and she was told it is a new rule by Cary Ortho. SOMEONE IS LYING! Anyway, I have decided to move to Raleigh Ortho to have them look at the knee. I will NEVER return to Cary Ortho if they will lie about their patient protocols that they themselves imposed on us and then lie to blame the insurance provider. SHAME on them!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Back in May of 2017 i tore my ACL playing in an adult soccer league. I had 2 Visits in the office, one for an xray and physical exam where he told me it was more playful than it should be but he couldn't tell if it was a full or partial tear or a pull of the ACL; the second visit was the MRI review where he showed me exactly where to look and what i was looking at. Although i couldn't get in for Surgery until June 2017, Dr. Reinke suggested physical therapy to get my leg as strong as possible before surgery (and of course i hurt myself before a family vacation) he gave me exercises to do while just lounging around the house or when out and about doing things. The day of surgery he was very calming and explained everything to its fullest extent. After Surgery he gave us the pictures he took during the procedure which to me was super cool. i went to PT for 6 months and took all the visits to him that i needed and now in June of 2018 my knee is 100% minus some strength (compared to the other knee)

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Had a knee replacement 3 months ago. Everything is going well. Dr. Reinke has followed up on all my inquiries and requests. Great Dr.!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Had a knee replacement with complications. After six months, went back to OR for manipulation. After a year and a half, knee still hurts and is swollen.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Took the time to listen to all my worries and concerns, and developed a treatment plan for my condition

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr Reinke is an outstanding doctor!! Had a torn meniscus in my right knee. Dr Reinke had to do surgery to repair it. Was nervous about the surgery, but he smiled at me and somehow knew everything was going to be alright. He cares about his patients and their health. I would highly recommend him and have sent him two other people to see him already. He always has a way to make me feel at ease when I go see him. Dr Reinke is the best in my book!!!! To me there is no one else!! Only Dr Reinke!!! :)

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Dr. Reinke is one fine doctor. I have been doing interval training the last 7 weeks and thought I had shin splints but found out it was a tendon problem. His staff worked me in the very morning I called and the x-rays also showed a possible stress fracture as the reason for my pain. I found him to be helpful, knowledgable and extremely professional. The fact that he is the best looking ortho guy I have ever met didn't hurt either. The Doc is H-O-T. If he's married she's a lucky lady if he's not I'd like another OV please!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

This was my second arthoscopic knee surgery in 5 years. My experience with my first surgeon one where I thought he was a bit too cautious in wanting to do surgery. We tried Celebrex, two different types of bracing, prednisone and cortisone. And no physical therapy was ordered until after I started having problems months after the original surgery. My experience with Dr. Reinke was one of professionalism. After hearing and believing my health history and from the examination, he gave me a choice of two medicines and if those did not work, surgery might be in my future. After giving a couple of weeks to try it out, it was determined that arthoscopic surgery would help. During the surgery it was determined that I had 2 mensical tears, which is what he said is what he thought I had. He also ordered PT after the surgery. I am almost 2 weeks post surgery and am glad that I went to Dr. Reinke. He believes his patients and very helpful and knowledgable. I would refer him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Dr. Derek L. Reinke's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Derek L. Reinke, a sports medicine fellow from the Cincinnati Sports Medicine Center in Ohio, joined Cary Orthopaedics in 1999. He attended the University of Cincinnati for undergrad, Medical College of Ohio for medical school and completed his residency at Loyola University Medical Center in Illinois. During that time, he’s served as the team physician for multiple schools, including Harrison High School, Athens Drive High School and currently Apex High School. He’s spent time in Colombia and Dominican Republic as a Shriners medical mission volunteer as well. Additionally, Dr. Reinke is American Board of Orthopardic Surgery certified and a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2004. When it comes to practicing orthopaedic medicine, Dr. Reinke enjoys treating motivated patients, who actively participate in their recovery after an injury. He openly accepts the idea that orthopaedics is constantly changing and evolving and welcomes this challenge to keep up with change.

• English