Ratings for Dr. Omar Farooq

The Best Doctor in all of Alberta. Absolutely trust worthy

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Great Doctor, very knowledgeable. He is very kind and good staff.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I can not say enough good about Dr. Farooq. He is very personable, kind and most importantly very intelligent. He always puts me at ease. I have also noticed, he treats his staff and students with great respect as well. He is just a great man who happens to be a surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Great, knowledgable and helpful doctor. Very punctual and kind.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

His staff never return calls. He is a great doc however with crappy employees his rate will go down.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I had a gastroscopy wonderful experience. He came to verbally tell me results. No waiting weeks for a written report. ♡♡

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

I am so impressed with Dr. Farooq. I was an emergency appointment referred by my GP. Dr.Farooq took me with only hours notice at Ft Sask hospital. Dr. Farooq was so professional with amazing bed side manner. I felt like someone important, where my opinion counted. After my procedure he took the time to call my husband to let him know how I was and how long I would be staying in the hospital. Ofcourse my husband was surprised and very thankful. I also had the privilege of meeting one of his staff, again I saw kindness and patience. Dr.Farooq is worth the wait, I just pray that his manner, patience and kindness spreads through out the medical field.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Very good staff , amazing customer service. Dr. Farrow is very kind and helpful I Took my child for a circumcision consultation

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

was referred to dr farooq on a Saturday was given apt the following Tuesday, I had travelled from Beaumont with my 18 mth old son we got lost and by time we got there was 5 pm my apt was at 430 pm the staff was very welcoming and accommodating and dr farooq was very caring, prompt and professional he saw that I was frustrated as I was late and in a rush and as a single mom struggling with my gall bladder pain and chasing after my very active 18 month old son. Dr farooq took me right in calmed me down entertained my son also he really empathized with my case. I had originally gone to grey nuns hosp in emerg in march and have been having 3 attacks or more per week and was awaiting a consult with another surgeon only in july and that office advd me would prob be dec or next march for removal of gallbladder in Edmonton :( I then went to the ellerslie walmart after hours clinic say dr bulk he referred me to farooq and within 2 hours I had an apt scheduled for the following week. Dr farooq is very professional, courteous and caring he advd due to my case he will get me in within 3 weeks I know others who have had him for surgery also and nothing but good things to say about him. 5 stars for sure for him and his staff *****

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Has Gallbladder issues starting in August. Emergency ERCP done in August. Referred to Dr. Farooq for removal. Waited 2 months to see him. Day of consultation I expected to wait 2 additional hours (AS STATED IN CONSULTATION GUIDELINES). Took my then 5 month old with me. Dr. Farooq was kind enough to put me ahead of a few patients once my son started getting cranky. He was 100% informative and sympathetic to my concerns as an EBF mom. Talked through my options to get the best care while waiting for an opportune time to schedule the removal. Was scheduled for removal within 2 months. (Most people wait 1 year for this elective surgery). Though I had an emergency removal 2 weeks before hand with an on call surgeon, I would still recommend Dr. Farooq. Very friendly! His staff are a little cold, but he is a peach!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016