You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Omar Farooq

was referred to dr farooq on a Saturday was given apt the following Tuesday, I had travelled from Beaumont with my 18 mth old son we got lost and by time we got there was 5 pm my apt was at 430 pm the staff was very welcoming and accommodating and dr farooq was very caring, prompt and professional he saw that I was frustrated as I was late and in a rush and as a single mom struggling with my gall bladder pain and chasing after my very active 18 month old son. Dr farooq took me right in calmed me down entertained my son also he really empathized with my case. I had originally gone to grey nuns hosp in emerg in march and have been having 3 attacks or more per week and was awaiting a consult with another surgeon only in july and that office advd me would prob be dec or next march for removal of gallbladder in Edmonton :( I then went to the ellerslie walmart after hours clinic say dr bulk he referred me to farooq and within 2 hours I had an apt scheduled for the following week. Dr farooq is very professional, courteous and caring he advd due to my case he will get me in within 3 weeks I know others who have had him for surgery also and nothing but good things to say about him. 5 stars for sure for him and his staff *****

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Has Gallbladder issues starting in August. Emergency ERCP done in August. Referred to Dr. Farooq for removal. Waited 2 months to see him. Day of consultation I expected to wait 2 additional hours (AS STATED IN CONSULTATION GUIDELINES). Took my then 5 month old with me. Dr. Farooq was kind enough to put me ahead of a few patients once my son started getting cranky. He was 100% informative and sympathetic to my concerns as an EBF mom. Talked through my options to get the best care while waiting for an opportune time to schedule the removal. Was scheduled for removal within 2 months. (Most people wait 1 year for this elective surgery). Though I had an emergency removal 2 weeks before hand with an on call surgeon, I would still recommend Dr. Farooq. Very friendly! His staff are a little cold, but he is a peach!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Had a surgery on November 5th, an inguinal hernia repair, i have nothing but good things to say. From the Walk in clinic in Ft Sask to the Hospital all the staff was 5* . Thank you to all !

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

He's wonderful. Staff is by far the most unorganized, incompetent bunch I have ever seen. And my family doctor agrees with me. Don't expect any help from them. Don't expect a call back if you leave a message. Not happy with them as you can tell. But Dr. Farooq is great!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

He is awesome, very caring. His office staff aren't great, tho.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

No idea why but i found him really non caring and casual in his approach. Waited for about 2hrs for him as he was recommended as specialist for my gastric problems..but he just spent 5-7 minutes and did not treat me properly. Very unsatisfied .I wont rrecommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Dr. Farooq was very prompt with my gastroscopic procedure, both in organizing it and in providing feedback on my health. Being a professional myself I found him to be a good professional in his field capable of delivering excellent health care. I am quite skeptical of the health care system in Canada but Dr Farooq helps to renew faith in such a system by excellent patient care.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I found Dr. Farooq to be incredibly compassionate. On my first scheduled appointment, he was running behind schedule so I had to re-book my appointment (which I was a bit annoyed with since I had to drive out from Edmonton), however after I actually had my appointment with him, I feel like he really cared for my general health. As a type 1 diabetic, I've had my share of doctors and have been extremely frustrated that I have a hard time getting anyone listening to me. Dr. Farooq not only listened, but offered suggestions for where I should get a referral in regards to my diabetes. I sincerely wish all doctors would take the time to listen like he did.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Not sure he is good enough to have to wait for 3 hours to see him, but he did seem very knowledgeable at my initial consultation. His staff are the ones who deserve the appreciation. I saw him initially in November of 2014 for a hernia repair. At the time he explained that surgery would not help. I was back in February, then again this past May. The girl he had working in his office and with the patients was so great. Friendly, genuinely nice, and very polite. I have since gone back and he has had about 6 different faces since then. I have heard through the grape vine that his track record with keeping staff around lacks a LOT. This should be a red flag to anyone who is waiting to see him......

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I am now living in B.C. however I was treated by Dr. Farooq when I was an Alberta Resident. He is one of the most caring and skilled Surgeons I've known and I've lived nearly 80 years now and had a few Surgeons over the years. He is kind, listens and is extremely knowleable and skilled at everything he does. The hospital he works out of was clean and efficient and everyone there were very caring as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Farooq to everyone. Sheila Guiry, Coquitlam BC

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Dr. Omar Farooq's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "was referred to dr farooq on a Saturday was given apt the following Tuesday, I had travelled from Beaumont with my 18 mth old son we got lost and by time we got..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Has Gallbladder issues starting in August. Emergency ERCP done in August. Referred to Dr. Farooq for removal. Waited 2 months to see him. Day of consultation I ..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a surgery on November 5th, an inguinal hernia repair, i have nothing but good things to say. From the Walk in clinic in Ft Sask to the Hospital all the st..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "He's wonderful. Staff is by far the most unorganized, incompetent bunch I have ever seen. And my family doctor agrees with me. Don't expect any help from them. ..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He is awesome, very caring. His office staff aren't great, tho. "

October 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "No idea why but i found him really non caring and casual in his approach. Waited for about 2hrs for him as he was recommended as specialist for my gastric probl..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Farooq was very prompt with my gastroscopic procedure, both in organizing it and in providing feedback on my health. Being a professional myself I found him..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Farooq to be incredibly compassionate. On my first scheduled appointment, he was running behind schedule so I had to re-book my appointment (which ..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Not sure he is good enough to have to wait for 3 hours to see him, but he did seem very knowledgeable at my initial consultation. His staff are the ones who des..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am now living in B.C. however I was treated by Dr. Farooq when I was an Alberta Resident. He is one of the most caring and skilled Surgeons I've known and I'..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing and very knowledgeable doctor. He and his staff are very friendly. The Fort Saskatchewan hospital is very clean and welcoming. "

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Was referred to Dr. Farooq for an inguinal hernia suffered thru sports - due tothe nature of the hernia Dr Farooq could not reccomend surgery at this time, but ..."

April 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a couple of hernias fixed by Dr. Farooq and am very pleased. I waited quite long at my initial consultation, but once he got to the room I felt I had his ..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I have bee to Dr. Farooq three times now. Two colonoscopies, one to remove my ingrown large toe-nails. The last colonoscopy was September 2014. I was treated we..."

November 12, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have had two surgeries under Dr. Omar Farooq. The first surgery (7 years ago) was amazing. He has great bedside manner, was straight forward with his answer..."

October 8, 2014