You may also like

Rate Dr. Laurence D. Higgins

Dr. Laurence D. Higgins's Ratings

I am not even sure Dr. Higgins looked at my chart much less my MRI. I was not impressed. His treatment plan was rote and did not deal with my shoulder problems or their source. I went to another surgeon who actually listened and whose treatment plan was spot on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2893679].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2015

Great surgeon. have seen progress that wasn't there before. He listens and was able to compromise with me.
The only negative is, if you a are not the first appointment your appointment will be late

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2859509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

The best of the best, Dr. Higgins repaired my shoulder, which was an absolute mess from an accident. He is an incredibly skilled surgeon and has a great bedside manner. I couldn't be happier with my choice and with my results. I would recommend Dr. Higgins and his staff to anyone , they won't be disappointed....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2626259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

He is sooo into himself. You are only a number to him. It is all about volume and $$$$!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I had Dr.Higgins for my R-shoulder. They sent me home after surgery with zero pain meds only Lyrica. I lost the first week of exercise because of it. My arm even now doesn't go as high as the left shoulder which was done by a better less full of himself surgeon. By the way there is no reason one has to wait 2 hours after your appointment to see him. Or any surgeon.Your time is valuable as is his, and he never understood that. Look to another hospital like an orthopedic hospital. Not far from Brigham. My new shoulder that he didn't do is fantastic and the wait to see this surgeon is no more than 30 minutes....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2491032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

If you need a shoulder replacement DO YOUR HOMEWORK! I did mine and found Dr. Laurence Higgins at Brighams & Women's Hospital in Boston. Living in New Hampshire there were limited choices for this surgery. Ask the one question "how many of these total shoulder replacements have you done doctor?" In NH the answer was 3 or 4 not good enough for me! This week is my one year anniversary from the shoulder surgery performed by Dr. Higgins, there is nothing I cannot do I feel bionic. Dr. Higgins and his staff are brilliant medically, compassionate people that really care plus the best part is Dr. Higgins is a perfectionist he is everything you want in a surgeon. The only negative thing was waiting a couple hours for each appointment his office is always backed up. To have a talented surgeon like Dr. Higgins I would wait for days ~ thanks for being such a wonderful doctor ~ I'm pain free with a 100% range of motion shoulder. YES THEY CAN REBUILD YOU

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2479333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

This doctor is very knowledgeable but his bedside manner skills are awful. I was an established patient there and was sent back after an event for reevaluation for another surgery. He disagreed with everything the other physician had said and just ignored the problem completely. I went to another hospital where my surgery was preformed and I am doing much better. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2387412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

DR. Higgins is the greatest orthopedic doctor in the world. he did a wonderful job on my shoulder. he treated me like I was he only patient, he made feel special, for that I was always be thankful. thanks so much doc Higgins

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][589746].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

Top shoulder specialist in Boston. I was referred to him by another excellent, but more generalist orthopedics surgeon in Boston. I was happy I went. Be prepared to wait in waiting room for an hour or more, however.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][589745].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

This is THE shoulder GOD!!!!!!! Not only is he a top of the line surgeon , he is also the most compassionate doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting!! Seriously this man can perform miracles!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][589744].votes_count ]]