Ratings for Dr. Laurence D. Higgins

Late, rude inattentive and arrogant. Seems to get good results

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I am a male around 30 years old. I had a severe shoulder injury that required a fairly invasive surgery and a reconstruction of the socket (Latarjet protocol). I had dislocated the shoulder a dozen times. It was so unstable I could dislocate it yawning or catching a football overhead. Dr. Higgins was recommended to me by a physical therapist at Mass General, who said he was one of the best surgeons around. He seemed very knowledgeable and thoroughly answered a long list of questions that I had. The surgery went very well. I have not dislocated it in the years since the surgery, nor had any other problems. I have been playing sports, lifting weights, etc, without any problems. The surgery was a complete success.

Submitted September 15, 2016

I'm a 49 year old female and had only shoulder impingements, MRI results showed there is no tear on my rotator cuffs what so ever. Dr, Higgins suggested to do a debridement and sub-acromion decompression and I agreed. On the day of surgery while they where getting me ready for surgery he made me to sign a form to do 4 procedures including cutting my biceps LHB with all different protocol $$$. I was under anesthesia medication and didn't think of it much so I signed it. after 5 weeks in sling and starting PT I realized major changes on my arm, a lot of pain day and night. Now 8 months past and I have lost all my strength on my right arm and got a popeyed biceps. I did another MRI 3 weeks ago and last week I had an appointment with another well known orthopedic surgeon, after comparing my MRI from before and after surgery he was shaking his head and couldn't believe what he has done to me ........ now I' have to do more surgery. Dr, Higgins is just too busy to pay attention to details, busy with students and residents, waiting 2 hours to see him for 5 min. I deeply regret going to Dr. Higgins..........Be very careful and good luck

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Had a 12:40 appt it is now 2:35 . I know he good but should snyone have to wait over 2 hours!!!! To see their doctor ? I am or a new patient so i know he runs skittle late but this is Ridiculous !!!!!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

I am not even sure Dr. Higgins looked at my chart much less my MRI. I was not impressed. His treatment plan was rote and did not deal with my shoulder problems or their source. I went to another surgeon who actually listened and whose treatment plan was spot on.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Great surgeon. have seen progress that wasn't there before. He listens and was able to compromise with me. The only negative is, if you a are not the first appointment your appointment will be late

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

The best of the best, Dr. Higgins repaired my shoulder, which was an absolute mess from an accident. He is an incredibly skilled surgeon and has a great bedside manner. I couldn't be happier with my choice and with my results. I would recommend Dr. Higgins and his staff to anyone , they won't be disappointed....

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

He is sooo into himself. You are only a number to him. It is all about volume and $$$$!!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I had Dr.Higgins for my R-shoulder. They sent me home after surgery with zero pain meds only Lyrica. I lost the first week of exercise because of it. My arm even now doesn't go as high as the left shoulder which was done by a better less full of himself surgeon. By the way there is no reason one has to wait 2 hours after your appointment to see him. Or any surgeon.Your time is valuable as is his, and he never understood that. Look to another hospital like an orthopedic hospital. Not far from Brigham. My new shoulder that he didn't do is fantastic and the wait to see this surgeon is no more than 30 minutes....

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

If you need a shoulder replacement DO YOUR HOMEWORK! I did mine and found Dr. Laurence Higgins at Brighams & Women's Hospital in Boston. Living in New Hampshire there were limited choices for this surgery. Ask the one question "how many of these total shoulder replacements have you done doctor?" In NH the answer was 3 or 4 not good enough for me! This week is my one year anniversary from the shoulder surgery performed by Dr. Higgins, there is nothing I cannot do I feel bionic. Dr. Higgins and his staff are brilliant medically, compassionate people that really care plus the best part is Dr. Higgins is a perfectionist he is everything you want in a surgeon. The only negative thing was waiting a couple hours for each appointment his office is always backed up. To have a talented surgeon like Dr. Higgins I would wait for days ~ thanks for being such a wonderful doctor ~ I'm pain free with a 100% range of motion shoulder. YES THEY CAN REBUILD YOU

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Dr. Laurence D. Higgins's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

GHI