Ratings for Dr. Shepherd F. Rosenblum

Dr Rosenblum performed shoulder surgery on both of my athlete teenagers - great job on both. We also saw him for my daughter's ankle issues. I went to him for my knee issues. He tends to be on the conservative side for ordering MRIs and recommending surgery which I like. He also was conservative in post surgery care - which is a good thing when you have patients who are impatient to get moving again and too soon. We've been going to him for several years and are very happy with him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Excellent surgeon and staff. He conducted shoulder surgery only after trying PT and cortisone shots first. He listened to my concerns/ desires/ fears and explained every detail of my upcoming surgery. I am recovering well 10 days after my procedure.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I went to him for my shoulder that I broke almost 20 years ago and he thinks I may have a slap tear. Gives me anti-inflammatory and sends me on my way. Weeks later I return, still in pain, put me on another anti-inflammatory and wants to run a several hundred dollar MRI in several weeks time. Meanwhile he refused to provide with a cortisone shot or any other means of pain relief. So if it's not important enough to releive my immediate pain, it must not be that bad so I cancelled all.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Doctor was very well inexperienced saw both my son for 5th metatarsal fx and me for sciatica pain. Just looked at my sons foot no X-rays and recommended a 85$ shoe insert of course not covered by insurance. Them saw me and did absolutely nothing stated I needs steroids for inflammation and then refused to call them in. I would not ever return to this place. Called office manager Beth after being given wrong number by office staff 3 times ; deceptive practices! Beth of course sides with Doctor Refusing to return my copy even though dr refused to call med in I would not recommend this Doctor for anyone

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr.Rosenblum was excellent in every way.I was so happy with my care.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

WHY didn't we look at this web site before Dr. Rosenblum did surgery? Dr. Rosenblum recently performed a surgery for my husband and the verdict is still out on whether it will be successful or not, which is the most important thing. But working with Dr. R and the staff at Triangle Orthopedics has been frustrating on several levels, mainly lack of communication. It was the physical therapist, not the doctor, who informed us that full recovery can be from six months to a year - far longer than we anticipated. This procedure also has a significant failure rate - again, information I wish we had had before the surgery. The day of the surgery I was told that PT needed to begin the next Monday, which did not give me time to make arrangements at work. Then, at PT, we learned that I would need to assist with PT 2X a day. It would have been very helpful to have this information before surgery. I wish we had done more research; too late now.I could go on...

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

Very knowledgeable. Did 2 MRI's for me, but only after trying the obvious rest/NSAIDS route for a reasonable amount of time. Did knee surgery on me which went well. He has a great bedside manner which made the choice to have surgery easy. He acts very knowledgeable and instills confidence in you. When I had a re-occurrence of my knee pain, they got me in the very same day. All in all, very very pleased with Dr. Rosenblum.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

When this doctor couldn't (or didn't want to) pinpoint the cause of my leg pain, he passed me off to their pain management physician and suggested an implant because he "thought the pain might be coming from my back". He really didn't know the source of my pain and didn't order MRIs to investigate further; however, subjected me to a nuclear bone scan to rule out lesions. So, no lesions, no problem?

flag | Submitted December 29, 2009

I have seen Dr.Rosenblum for different Ortho problems. I have never had a bad experience.He's very attentive,never short, and always listens to my questions. Yes, you might have to wait, but remember,there could have been an emergency.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Does not check all aspects of your problem. Before making a decision. He seems to think that all ortho problems can be cured by staying in be for 2 months with pills and not with aggressive physican knowledge. Does not do MRI's to be sure your problem is only related to what you tell him. And thinks surgery is not the answer since he had it done and he still has pain. Is that they way to treat a patient who is depressed they can't get back to normal everyday activities and needs to become Obese so they have more problems for him to eventually have to help you with in a year or 2 down the road. $$$$ hungry.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. Shepherd F. Rosenblum's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)