Ratings for Dr. Syed L. Husain-Hamzavi

y teenage daughters saw his P.A. Jenny M. for mild acne. She spent no more than 2 minutes with us at each visit. She did not give us any answers or any options. She was not looking for the root cause, just another Medication Medication Medication Every meeting was the same--another prescription, And she walked out of the room. She brought Dr Hamzavi in once to PUSH a dangerous drug. He didn't even look at my daughter.. Just sold me. Profits over People... Keep your family away from this Disturbing Duo!!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

He uses that can of freezing spray on acne, and it burns scars into your skin, like me and my son. There must be literally thousands of people in the area who have these scars from that spray him and the woman use to zap everything, and call it surgery like another reviewer said. They're disfiguring people. How can a dermatologist not know hes causing tiny scars, especially on peoples back where they can't see it? How can this be medically acceptable? This procedure should be banned in this country, or any. The acne goes away, but gets transformed into permanent scars, and kids don't know to say anything. That's why he's by a mall. Don't go here, you'll regret it!!! How can a Dr. be totally nonchalant about scarring patients? His main acne treatment is like a long outdated procedure from the last century that no one should endure. Just use proactive, and get in the sun more. It'll go away and you'll save your skin.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I like going here. They make me feel very comfortable when I'm there and are all really nice! We never have to wait more than 5 minutes to get in.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I had a wonderful experience with Dr Hamzavi. I had this rash that no other doctor in this area could clear up. To the point that I was going to quit my job (the rash was chronically on my hands). He did a patch test on me, he diagnosed what I was allergic to and now my hands are clear. I highly recommend Dr Hamzavi very friendly

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Dr. Hamzavi misdiagnosed my issue - I went in and intially I wrote on the sheet I believed I had facial warts. He and PA insisted it was adult acne, to which I was prescribed 2 medications which was about $95 copay. After taking the medication for about a month or two - they concluded it was warts and they at first tried freezing. This did not work. They then started doing the electronic zapping (not sure of the procedure name) on the first visit the PA only did this in one area.. . but as the visits continued the zapping got aggressive - and I was zapped repeatedly across both eyelids (I was shocked at what was happening during the procedure) - now I have scars. . .and hate looking in the mirror. I made an appt. to see Dr. Hamzavi - and instead of meeting w/him - they had me meet with another PA - to which she replied that I had Dermatitis and she prescribed me 3 tubes of Desonide - which only caused other problems. Other dematolgists told me to stop using this. Do not go there!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

Not impressed with dr.hamzavi at all. I was taking my young daughter there fo a wart on her face and he kept spraying liquid nitrogen by her eye while it was open. He didn't even get the area, he burned all the surrounding skin. As my daughter moved he just kept spraying.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Have been going to see this group of doctors for years. They have always helped me and the only minor problem has been that I haven't properly used my topical treatments and have to keep coming back.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

My husband went to have a mole looked at. Key word LOOKED at. Hamazi decided it must be taken out right there. Barely numbed the area and cut into him without it being totally numbed. My husband complained but he just kept on working. Then he burned it off and my husband could feel everything. :( He told the dr he could feel the burning and his response was "stop moving." Never ever ever again will any member of my family go there. I have heard good things about the other dr that someone else mentioned who's last name starts with a P. If you want to be ****ed then go see Hamazavi.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Agree I was there 3 hours waitng and he spent maybe 5 minutes with us. Sprayed my sons face 3 times and charged us $150.00. He billed it as a surgical proceedure not an office visit so the insurance would not cover any off it. When I complained to the manager she defended him, his prices and their billing proceedures. We never went back. We love Dr. Pelechyk. Getting into a dermatologist in PH is pretty hard.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2007

Dr. Hamzavi was very rushed. My first visit with him was extremely disappointing. He spent less than 2 minutes with me, he did not look at my chart to see what medications that I had used on the rash and prescribed the same one my family doctor had me using. When I mentioned it to the nurse, she argued with me that Dr. Hamzavi knew what he was doing. I will NEVER go back to him....such poor patient relations.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2007