Ratings for Dr. Dolf R. Ichtertz

After he performed 2 surgeries, my hands and arms did not improve. He botched my surgeries. He is rushed. He doesn't listen. He has no empathy. He gets paid by workers compensation insurance carriers so he will document a work-related, repetitive strain injury (computer keyboarding) is not work-related. Very unprofessional in many ways. His botched surgeries made headlines in Watsonville, CA where he previously worked, so he had to leave CA and start his career over in NE.

Submitted June 29, 2017

Great Dr. Is very good at what he does. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Do not go to this doctor if you feel you have a work comp claim. He refuses to believe any carpel tunnel claim is work related. His staff also treats you as if you are lying. The doctor himself gave me a creepy feeling. He told me that I had carpel tunnel in both wrists and his surgical office was in Omaha. I am in Lincoln so he wanted to do the surgery in his doctor's office in Lincoln. Creepy. My wc claim was denied but that was not the end of it. Over a year later I received a bill from his office for $2,500. When I called to see if they could send it to my regular insurance the billing office told me it was too late to submit it and I needed to pay up. I went to bat myself and was working with my insurance carrier when I got a notice that they had sent me to collections. Without doing anything themselves. I finely got my insurance to override the timely filing issue and their billing department kept on sending mis coded claims into my insurance. They finely got it right and my insurance paid $700 on a $2,500 claim. Soooo....The doctor is utterly creepy and greedy, the nursing staff borderline rude and their billing staff is incompetent.

Submitted August 7, 2015

I highly recommend, I finally got an answer to what was going on with me. All the testing was done in same office, same day, test results right away, same day. I felt listened to, & Dr explained everything to me as far as the how & why. I'm so relieved that I finally got an accurate diagnosis & wish I had seen him 3 years ago instead of rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I found Dr. Ichtertz's website and the information contained on it prompted me to schedule an appointment. Unlike other orthopedic doctors I have dealt with in the past, it was very easy to schedule an appointment with him, even given the fact fact that he practices in three cities. During my initial visit, he spent an hour and a half with me, discussing my issues, giving me tests, and then offering me options. I appreciated the fact that his first recommendation was to do something conservative. When that didn't work after several weeks, I was able to reschedule my follow up appointment to discuss my continued pain. He recommended that we now consider surgery, and again, provided me with a great deal of information before I made the decision to move forward. The surgical procedure was quick and efficient, Dr. Ichtertz was good natured and caring, and my hand is healing quite nicely right now. I would highly recommend him to others who have carpal tunnel or other hand problems. He is a medical provider who sees himself as an educator and his patients as people, something that is a rarity in this day and age.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

It takes at least a month to get an appointment. When I finally got in to see him, he seemed very rushed and did not really listen to what I had to say. I went there for a shoulder problem. After the first visit, I was given anti-inflammatory medication to try for six weeks. Six weeks later, I went back to see him again. When he saw me at the second appointment, he asked me all the same things as the first time and said I should try some anti-inflammatories. Duh. Already did that, that's what I'm back. Finally, he agreed to get me an MRI. They were supposed to call me when my MRI results came back (about a week or two, I was told). A month passes and they never called. Finally, I call them. Oh yes, we got them, Dr. says you have a some tearing in your shoulder but he wants you to try an anti-inflammatory first. Seriously? By this time, it's been over four months since I originally contacted his office. I got sick of going round and round with this bozo and found someone else. Within two weeks, I had surgery DONE to repair my shoulder. Don't waste your time with this guy.

Submitted February 2, 2015

I would recommend Dr. Ichtertz to anyone having issues with their hands. I felt completely confident with Dr. Ichtertz diagnosis, and recommendation of surgery to fix it. I love my pain-free hand!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Wonderful doctor, explains and provides literature and video with info. Those that rate him as bad are idiots. He is a wonderful surgeon and cares about his patients...

flag | Submitted June 22, 2013

The results of the hand surgery Dr. Ichtertz performed were very unsatisfactory; my pain and numbness did not improve. He doesn't listen or respond well to my concerns and physical symptoms. Instead, his manner is brusque and flippant.

Submitted December 1, 2012

I have to say, not sure what some of you are talking about. He spends so much time with his patients. He does not give garantees when doing surgery. No one can. If you waited to long to come in and may not get a good outcome, he explains that to you at your appointment. He does give out a ton of information. Everyone wants to blame the doctor, but you need to set back and think did I have anything to do with this? ie. waiting to long to come in, not following instructions, not listen to what he was saying at the appointment/or maybe forgot what he said... He gives out educational brochures goes above and beyond any doctor I have ever went too. His staff was the same way with scheduling and if you have insurance questions. They are all so nice.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr. Dolf R. Ichtertz's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Grand Island, NE