Ratings for Dr. Eli J. Zaller

In my experience Dr. Zaller is a quack. I was a patient of his from the late 1990s until the early 2000s. He neither failed to help me, but in reality probably made matters worse. He knew that I was hurt, suffering and severely depressed but never changed my meds one time. He never asked any type of probing questions or tried to have talk therapy to get to the bottom of the situation. He actually tried to protect a fellow physician and down play the seriousness of my situation to my detriment. He had multiple conversations with this certain physician without my written permission (a violation of the HIPPA Agreement). He knew that there was a conflict in my case but failed to excuse himself. He also failed to report the other physician to the Board of Medicine for unethical practices. I should conversely have reported him to the Board of Medicine for his unethical practices but at the time I was too sick to even understand what was transpiring. Thank God that I finally fired him and eventually found some one else years later who has pretty much saved my life. I would never recommend him to anyone!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

-Old school method of treatment -Switches meds constantly to see what ‘sticks’ even at the possible detriment of the patient -He, or his office staff, fail to file appropriate paperwork on time or follow-up on paperwork which frequently jeopardizes your pay and/or your job -Medicates so much and changes meds so often that it is difficult to tell whether he is the ‘cause’ of the prolonged episode/and lack of recovery -Only operates out of ‘community’ hospitals – so facilities are sub-standard- if you have good insurance you pay for other patents care too and your stay is prolonged -Terrible to atrocious bedside manner – high-handed and arrogant -Medicates his patients to the hilt – super conservative

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

Good man. He took the time to diagnose me properly and now i'm doing wonderful, but were still working on it!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

Dr. Zaller is a very effective psychiatrist. In an era of prescribing-without-treating, particularly in his specialty, his approach stands out as a model of responsibility and comprehensiveness. Counseling approach is gentle, humorous, and sometimes intuitive but with a high level of attention to professional boundaries that ultimately facilitates client openness. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2007

Dr. Eli J. Zaller's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

HealthPartners