You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Lightfoot

I am rather disappointed and confused by the comments of this physician. Being in the medical field myself I was surprised he would tell a friend of mine that their cancer was treatable and "caught in time" and even took it upon himself to stage the cancer. I thought it odd that a gastroenterologist would do such a thing. After my friend met with the actual surgeon they were told otherwise and the surgeon was disturbed by his comments saying "I'm the surgeon and it really bothers me that they tell people these things". I found it unprofessional, inappropriate and most upsetting to all of us, especially the patient that were led to believe that surgery was an option and that this is "curable". These things should never be told to a patient unless they are true and can be substantiated. As a result I had to post a comment regarding this physician.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had a bad experience with him the second time for the EUS. The sedative did not work, he gave me a double dose, it took effect when I got home. I don't think he uses pain medication for the procedure, I felt it, lots of pain in my liver area and 2 days later, I'm still in pain. I take narcotics for the pain (chronic). He has a very easy going manner and speaks very calmly, however when I asked questions they were never answered directly. He seemed to have his mind made up about the outcome of the test before even performing it. He dismissed many of my concerns, that were diagnosed by my gastroenterologist. I don't think I would see him again even if I needed a other EUS. I left feeling very disappointed and questioning my own gastrointestinal doctor and my hematologist. He seemed to dismiss that I have major pain in that area, the mri confirmed the diagnosis, but he couldn't see well enough because my liver was too dense, but told me I had an enlarged spleen and benign nodes, how do you know they are benign without a biopsy?

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I had Dr. Lightfoot as my Doctor when I found out I had colitis 33 years ago. So sorry that he is now semi retired. He saved my lift 10 years ago and I believe he is an amazing Doctor. Explained everything going on with me so I could understand. amazing doctor I miss him

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Very pleased with my experience with Dr. Lightfoot. I came from Halifax for EUS and was very positively surprised by the whole expirience. He is a very kind, a very knowledgeable and an experienced,a compassionate and a polite doctor. He took his time to explain the procedure and the results later on to me. I wish we had Dr. Lightfoot here in Halifax.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

A very kind and compassionate man.Never rushes a patient. Good "explainer" of what is happening.Seems to be very knowledgeable.I have been seeing Dr. Lightfoot for about 20 years and have the utmost faith in him.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. Lightfoot has provided excellent care of me since being referred to him in the early 90s. His professionalism is very admirable. I never feel rushed on a visit and he is meticulous in providing care of his patients. It is an honor to have this doctor caring for me, and he is a joy to work with.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Verry good doctor.Really knowledge and interested.we don't have a lot of doctor lime him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Peter Lightfoot is THE best gastroenterologist in the counrty..and and all around fabulous human being...His receptionist,Peggy is perfect!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

I was referred to this doctor for being the best Crohns Dr in the Maritimes. But I can tell you what he may know in knowledge does not reflect in bed side manner. I was very young when I was referred to him. He decided to follow a treatment plan that he wanted and never shared the options with me, due to what I felt was my age. By bowel ruptured and I was put in the hospital and again he did not share what happened or my treatment options. In my experience he does what he wants and not the wants of the patients. I had no idea what was going on with my disease till I switched specialists and now have a very active understanding of my disease and my options. So depending on what you want from a Dr will depend on if you want this Dr. If you want someone to tell you what to do no questions asked he's your man.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Ligtfoor for 27 years. He is the BEST doctor in his field. It will be hard to change doctors when he retires.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

Dr. Peter Lightfoot's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I am rather disappointed and confused by the comments of this physician. Being in the medical field myself I was surprised he would tell a friend of mine that t..."

January 4, 2016
  • Postal Code has been updated from "E1A0" to "E1C 4B7". Address has been updated from "None" to "100 Arden Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15068540931".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I had a bad experience with him the second time for the EUS. The sedative did not work, he gave me a double dose, it took effect when I got home. I don't thin..."

October 10, 2014
  • combined ratings from Internist listing (DID: 1213186)

May 3, 2012
  • First Name changed from "" to "Peter"

April 25, 2012