Ratings for Dr. Peter Lightfoot

I'm actually blessed and thankful to have an opportunity to see Dr Lightfoot in the very near future! As for the hearsay that is going around, it becomes hardware to believe! My first experience was totally different from what others say, I was completely terrified (and still am of EUS ) and my first time he made me feel so comfortable. He explained that he will not start the procedure until I was sedated and fully unaware. He had explained everything in a professional manner, from his office, the first time in 2009. This time I'm heading right over to have the procedure completed without, no waist of time. I am so homered to be able to be in his care one more time, after suffering a year and a half (as my family doctor didn't take the chance to even send over a referral, cause she said he was retired! Since then I have saw one specialist that through me out of his office because he did not have enough knowledge to perform any procedure with me, that he wasn't specialised in the area of my problems! ! So now I been on pain meds for over a year suffering chronically everyday, because I had no one to turn to! ! Then finally Dr Alkarin, another angel in my eyes, has spoken to Dr. Lightfoot on my behalf, and it took not even two weeks to get a hold of me and have a scheduled appointment for Monday! ! Dr . Lightfoot and Dr. Alkarine are my two angels! ! Thank God for the two of them. Because seriously I just gave up, and been taking narcoctics for my everyday pain for over a year now! Oh not to mention mulitble cyst on my Pancreas. But a complex Cyst on my ovary that I too been waiting under a year to see a specialist, and finally been referred to a Dr. Burnadine (not sure the correct spelling ) but have not seen her yet. Just an added craziness to my journey of my rollarcoaster life! Bottom line, I feel blessed and thankful, for both Dr. Alkarine and Dr. LIGHTFOOT! !! SO BLESSED and not to mention I feel a bit more care as I said, I have given up!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Dr. Peter Lightfoot has to be one of the BEST in his field. Very thorough in his examinations and if nothing shows up on the exam, he will go even further and suggest that another doctor be consulted for the problem (meaning that the problem could be caused by something else). Very kind and a wonderful bedside manner...good at explaining the procedure before it happens and then explaining his findings after the procedure. He really loves his job and it shows. Wish we had more doctors in Moncton with his expertise and kindness.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I am rather disappointed and confused by the comments of this physician. Being in the medical field myself I was surprised he would tell a friend of mine that their cancer was treatable and "caught in time" and even took it upon himself to stage the cancer. I thought it odd that a gastroenterologist would do such a thing. After my friend met with the actual surgeon they were told otherwise and the surgeon was disturbed by his comments saying "I'm the surgeon and it really bothers me that they tell people these things". I found it unprofessional, inappropriate and most upsetting to all of us, especially the patient that were led to believe that surgery was an option and that this is "curable". These things should never be told to a patient unless they are true and can be substantiated. As a result I had to post a comment regarding this physician.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had a bad experience with him the second time for the EUS. The sedative did not work, he gave me a double dose, it took effect when I got home. I don't think he uses pain medication for the procedure, I felt it, lots of pain in my liver area and 2 days later, I'm still in pain. I take narcotics for the pain (chronic). He has a very easy going manner and speaks very calmly, however when I asked questions they were never answered directly. He seemed to have his mind made up about the outcome of the test before even performing it. He dismissed many of my concerns, that were diagnosed by my gastroenterologist. I don't think I would see him again even if I needed a other EUS. I left feeling very disappointed and questioning my own gastrointestinal doctor and my hematologist. He seemed to dismiss that I have major pain in that area, the mri confirmed the diagnosis, but he couldn't see well enough because my liver was too dense, but told me I had an enlarged spleen and benign nodes, how do you know they are benign without a biopsy?

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I had Dr. Lightfoot as my Doctor when I found out I had colitis 33 years ago. So sorry that he is now semi retired. He saved my lift 10 years ago and I believe he is an amazing Doctor. Explained everything going on with me so I could understand. amazing doctor I miss him

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Very pleased with my experience with Dr. Lightfoot. I came from Halifax for EUS and was very positively surprised by the whole expirience. He is a very kind, a very knowledgeable and an experienced,a compassionate and a polite doctor. He took his time to explain the procedure and the results later on to me. I wish we had Dr. Lightfoot here in Halifax.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

A very kind and compassionate man.Never rushes a patient. Good "explainer" of what is happening.Seems to be very knowledgeable.I have been seeing Dr. Lightfoot for about 20 years and have the utmost faith in him.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. Lightfoot has provided excellent care of me since being referred to him in the early 90s. His professionalism is very admirable. I never feel rushed on a visit and he is meticulous in providing care of his patients. It is an honor to have this doctor caring for me, and he is a joy to work with.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Verry good doctor.Really knowledge and interested.we don't have a lot of doctor lime him.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Dr. Peter Lightfoot is THE best gastroenterologist in the counrty..and and all around fabulous human being...His receptionist,Peggy is perfect!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011