Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Kayal

Very disappointed. Dr Kayal first did my knee surgery over 12 years ago and I was actually excited to have him again repair the tired joint. I really trusted him. But I think his ego and success have gotten in the way of why he started practicing medicine. He actually tried to blame me for his lack of preparedness. What happened to good old honesty?? It was remarkable listening to him rant at me! Unfortunately he is not the Dr he once was. Staff - dishonest Punctuality - kept me an hour Helpfulness - not at all Knowledge - he is a smart guy, but I’m not really sure how smart, he lost a faithful client. EB

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I had a very good experience with this office and staff and my medical problem addressed and completely resolved

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

Avoid if at all possible. Focused on building his empire, not my care. First, 45 minutes late for my morning appointment. Then, deliberately faked pushing on my feet to show my right was “weaker” than my lift (he leaned on my right foot, not the left). Then pushed me toward surgery with his “spine guy”, who, as it turned out, recommended spinal fusion and was literally reading my MRI results backward! Then tried to “work the system” by having me go through the ER at Hackensack to expedite my surgery. Got a second opinion from HSS: No surgery needed, some PT and I’m fine. And I could have had an expensive, invasive and completely unnecessary spine surgery! Scary. Stay away.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

They had aplan that worked for my procedure . It could not have gone better. I felt very confident that the procedure would be fine and it was.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Cares more about your money than your health and well-being. Arrogant, phony uncaring. Blocked me before I tried to leave a review on his FB page, he obviously knew he was going to get an unflattering review one bad revie got thru so he claimed he was hacked. Narcissist. Enter Kayal Orthopedics at your own risk!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2017

The staff gives you appointments & when you get there Dr. never went to work & they never call you first to tell you. You only see him the day he is going to sale your Surgery & the day of the Surgery, because he has $ but wants more & more $. He'll ever goes back to see you while in the Hospital or after the Surgery on your follow up appointments. He'll make you feel you are a dumb & he is very smart & knows what he is doing. He could be good as a doctor but he & his staff are all lairs.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Made an appointment with Dr. Kayal. The office staff was supposed to confirm my insurance. Showed up for my appointment and confirmed with the staff my insurance was accepted. Made 2 separate appointments with Dr. Kayal to perform surgery. Next day, office staff called and stated they did not take my insurance. When asked why they told me they did several times the only response was that they never actually checked to make sure they took my insurance. Very unprofessional attitude. After waiting 2 weeks for this appointment and taking time out of my day to meet with Dr. Kayal, the office staff was less that apologetic for the lack of interest and concern they took when looking into my insurance and inconveniencing me! I do not recommend this doctor mostly because the office staff does not know what they are doing.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Kayal is such an excellent doctor! He and his staff are the absolute best I've ever experienced.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Kayal. One of the most genuine people Ive ever met. He knew exactly what was wrong with my knees as soon as I saw him and ever since I have had no pain. DEFINITELY recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Had total knee replacement. Wanted to be back on tennis court in 4 months. Exactly 4 months and one day I was on the courts. He and his staff were right on top of things. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his organization.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Robert A. Kayal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1994)