Ratings for Dr. Robert C. More

I'm not usually one to do this but doctor Moore has failed on a second shoulder surgery of mine! Iv lifted and played sports my whole life and my mom recommended me to him! I'm now sitting here at 24 years old with 3 shoulder surgerys because the 2 doctor more has done have completely failed and never healed from the start! I switched to doctor Epstein with Tri-County Orthopedics in Bedminster! Fixed my right one and now about to be on my 4rth because doctor Moores terrible skills under the Knife! Not only is this man a terrible surgeon, but he also has an extremely cocky attitude and acts like he talks down to you! He doesn't listen or give advice! He just says you can't lift or play sports for the rest of your life! Now feeling the difference in another surgeon I will do everything possible to save people from this guy!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Would not recommend Dr. More for pediatric sports medicine. He misdiagnosed my son with a condition that had already been ruled out by 3 other doctors. He also told my son, who is 14, that he may have to give up the sport he loves, instead of actually investigating what was going on. I don't feel he has knowledge of the effects that growth spurts can have on teen athletes. Instead, he diagnosed my son with a condition that is pretty rare. He maybe be good for shoulder and knee surgery, but not every day pediatric sports medicine issues.

Submitted April 12, 2018

Dr. More and the entire staff are very helpful and very friendly. He knows exactly what he's talking about and he tells you exactly what you need to know in order to properly recover. I would definitely recommend him to everyone, especially athletes needing to get back into action ASAP.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Well I met Dr.moore about 3 years ago after hearing what a fabulous doctor he was, he was less then pleasant but I didn't care as long as he was going to do an excellent job giving me a total hip replacement. At that time he told me that he wanted me to wait because technology was changing so quickly that if I could wait maybe I could get a hip that would last me for the rest of my life. In September 2015 I saw him again and he told me to come back in a year in which I did and at that point I was beside myself in pain and he looked at me and said, "why did you wait so long to come back to See Me?" I replied, " because you told me to come back in a year", at which point he reviewed my x-ray and said it was time to do the replacement. I proceeded to surgery to schedule my surgery which was then scheduled for January 16, 2017. So as the months went on the pain increased tremendously to unbearable. In December 2016 I did all my pre-op tests as required, in which I was cleared for surgery, then a week and a half prior to surgery attended a mandatory hip surgery class. Three days later which was FIVE days prior to my long awaited surgery, I had my scheduled pre-order surgery spot. With Dr.moore, he walked in the exam room, sat down, with his normal stern, unfriendly face and said, "I can not do your surgery on Monday because there was an accusation that you smelled of alcohol", I said you are kidding me and he replied that no he wasn't. Now for starters, I don't drink and even if I did I was never told that I couldn't consume alcohol prior to surgery, and I am 49 years old and alcohol is not an illegal distance, and who the heck would show up at a required surgery class at noon drinking? A bum on the streets in the city perhaps but not me, oh and by the false accusation was made by a total liar who happens to be the director of physical therapy at hunters Medical Center. I was absolutely beside myself, I have been suffering for three years awaiting this surgery and if he didn't want to do my surgery that was his choice but to wait until FIVE days before my surgery to lie and say that I was smelling of alcohol is not but inhumane, this is just heartbreaking and now I have since found a top orthopedic doctor elsewhere that is #1 not a liar and positively a obviously better doctor and person than Dr. Robert Moore, I thought that this is needed to be known for anyone considering choosing him as a doctor, he is pathetic and is as I would consider lucky that I haven't filed a lawsuit yet!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Doctor more has operated on both of my shoulders for Lantau tear! Although you can never expect to come back 100% I still expected to experience a better recovery! Dr more told me at first that I didn't have a tear and that unneeded physical therapy! Once that didn't work we operated and he came out saying that was an awful tear! 2 years down the road and now I have to get my first shoulder redone at at very young age! I think more people should know about doctor Moores carelessness and inability to be clear with his patients!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Very good at making this easy and comfortable would recommend to anyone thanks

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

I have would highly recommend Dr. More as an excellent orthopedic surgeon. I have participated in sports for many years and have had multiple injuries. Dr. More successfully performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee a few years ago, last year surgically repaired a torn rotor cuff injury and recently diagnosed a wrist injury His office is equipped with the latest technology so I could, in a matter of minutes, see the extent of the injury. He prepared me extensively for what would happen before, during and after surgery. The staff is attentive, pleasant and professional. Dr. More encouraged me to ask any question and his responses were honest and direct. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. More to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Terrible Doctor. Would never go again or recommend him. He was obviously not interested in treating my 16 year old daughter with a knee injury. He asked HER what she wanted to do about it! Would not EVER recommend him to anyone! I read another review about Dr. and reading of an MRI, and he said the same thing to us...there was "nothing" on the MRI. He also told her she could give up her sport (really? at 16? she shouldn't be running around anymore) Went to another doctor in this practice (Dr. Pollack), who was the opposite...ended up diagnosing a tear in her Meniscus which was surgically scraped. I'm glad we stayed with Dr. Pollack, but Dr. More should not be a practicing doctor. Maybe he is more worried about the "business end" of his practice. If I could give less than a 1 star, I would.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I have never been more disappointed in a dr in my life. Originally when I saw Dr more he was nice and I felt like he listened to me. On examination he diagnosed a meniscal tear and he seemed excited that we would fix it in the operating room. However, when my MRI came back he said it showed "nothing"and when I told him I was an active, young mom he told me to "limit my activity for the rest of my life." When I started to cry and question this, he hung up the phone on me. Seriously. I cried the rest of the night Nd called the office in the morning. The secretary apologized to me but Dr. more never attempted to call me back. How professional. Hunterdon Orthpeidcs wanted me to see another dr of theirs so I could get shots in my knee to deal with pain....in other words, get a shot and ignore the real problem Anyhow, I went to another orthopedic surgeon in Princeton(Dr. Moskwa)who took the time to read my. MRI better! instead ofI just saying it was nothing. He said there was clearly something but it was difficult to interpret. So I went to a month of physical therapy and then was diagnosed with a meniscal tear and arthritis. I underwent a very successful surgery in Princeton/Plainsboro in which they scraped out my TWO meniscal tears, severe arthritis, and a very irritated plica. So much for "nothing" Dr. More! I have gone through two months of great physical therapy and my knee is recovered and less painful than in 8 years! So Dr More, perhaps you should be more intuitive in your practice, and a lot less rude. Not everybody has the same issues in their knee, and you should never tell anybody to limit their activity for the rest of their lives! Way to exacerbate a million problems! Do NOt go to Dr More unless you want to end up with way LESS than what you need. Btw, I have spoken to many people since this occurred and lots of people in Flemington have also suffered from this dr and Hunterdon. Orthopedic.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I strongly recommend seeing another doctor. At my first visit, he clearly stated I would recover 100% form a torn gastrocnemius muscle without treatment beyond ice and rest for 3 days followed by calf raises and stretches to be performed with gradually increasing effort for the next year. He said no "boot" or physical therapy was necessary. I returned after a year and stated that the calf visually looked quite different, and despite dedicated adherence to his treatment regimen, the calf was only functioning at 80% performance at best, and was still painful on a daily basis. He conceded the calf might not look the same again but again clearly stated a 100% recovery as far as performance was expected, it just might take a few years. Two years following, I returned to his office and stated I experienced no further improvement since my prior visit. After finally examining me thoroughly, he finally conceded his earlier diagnosis was incorrect, and defended himself by claiming this was not the usual result. I am a very active person, am very fit and spend lots of time outdoors and in the local gym. While I rarely get injured, I typically recover faster than expected. I do not trust his professional judgement and question his courage in delivering honest answers to tough questions posed by his patients.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr. Robert C. More's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90024 (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med