Ratings for Dr. Sandro LaRocca

I was having severe back pain. I had a bone biopsy done to make sure my cancer did not come back from another part of my body. Dr. LaRocca and his staff helped me so much. They put my mind at ease and I have had no further complications. I wasn’t able to get back into my daily routine after my cancer, but after the surgery with Dr. LaRocca, I have regained my mobility. The pain has stopped. Dr. LaRocca has changed my life and it’s hard to put it in words. I am forever grateful. I am now able to go swimming, exercise daily, and attend yoga and trampoline classes.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I suffered with back issues since my college days, but had extreme pain the past four years. I did everything possible using non-invasive methods. Chiropractic care, Acupuncture, Epidural injections, and Physical Therapy, but I hit a plateau and realized, surgery was my last option. When I first consulted with Dr. LaRocca, I was very fearful of needing and having surgery. He answered all my questions, went over all the risks. There was something about Dr. LaRocca that just made me feel very calm, and I had 100% confidence in his experience and ability. I felt safe with him and unafraid. The surgery was a success and his follow-up and concern about my progress has been excellent. I’m now sleeping better. The horrible burning sensation that used to make me crazy is GONE, that alone made the surgery worthwhile. I just bought a pilates machine and will be starting that soon, and also start walking and swimming again.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I was forced to use a walker for three months. I was unable to stand or walk for even short periods of time. I was unable to drive, work, or go about daily activities. My condition continued to decline and I had surgery. Dr. LaRocca is a very compassionate surgeon and his surgical skills are exceptional. The staff is wonderful and supportive. I returned to daily activities and to work eight weeks after surgery. Exceptional care was extended. I continue to do well and thank Dr. LaRocca and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

The service and treatments are excellent and we feel very comfortable going to New Jersey Neck & Back Institute. We look forward to my visit and feel very comfortable there…we feel like family.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

I had lower back pain for too many years. Soon I will be able to continue with most of my normal activities. I am currently able to do a light work-out and household chores.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I fell on Long Beach Island and sustained a C1 cervical fracture. When the ER physicians saw my MRI, they said the best place was the hospital in Hopewell. That is where we met Dr. LaRocca, who came in on a Saturday night to assess the situation. He explained the injury and I was placed in a cervical collar. Dr. LaRocca and his staff were supportive, thorough and professional. I had another health issue that complicated my treatment. I finally had to have a spinal fusion which was successful.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Before coming to Dr. LaRocca, my lifestyle was shadowed by not being able to move or work as I should, always in pain in my lower back area and neck. Now, after my surgery, I feel more confident of the things I do and being pain-free feels GREAT! Thank you, Dr. LaRocca and all!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Before I retired in August, I had several consultations with other doctors for my cervical pain. None of the doctors that I consulted with were able help with the pain that I was tolerating daily. Dr. LaRocca took the time to help me, and my wife too, in letting us know that there was still hope for me. Dr. LaRocca performed surgery on my neck recently. Throughout the healing process, the Dr. L and the office staff were there for me. I feel better than before. Since the surgery, I don’t feel as depressed as I did before having the surgery. I could say that my situation is better than ever and improving by the day. I am now able to walk better, play billiards, and go to the gym.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I hurt my back working and I lost feeling in my right leg. Dr. LaRocca did a fusion operation and it has relieved all my issues. I am not the young guy I use to be, but right now I am back to doing almost everything I want to be doing. I have a landscaping business and I’m able to do almost anything I want at work.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

WOW! How wonderful it is to be pain-free! Dr. LaRocca is the one that did my surgery and I want to thank him for that. I also want to thank you for taking such time out of your busy day to explain what my problem was, how it would be corrected and for answering all of my questions. I am so very grateful for that. Thanks also to the staff for their help and concerns. It meant a great deal to me. With gratitude,

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Sandro LaRocca's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Orthopaedic physician and spine surgeon, Dr. LaRocca, is a graduate of Temple University, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Dr. LaRocca worked as a mechanical engineer upon after graduating, but then transitioned into medicine and received his medical doctorate from The Jefferson Medical College. He completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at The Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia. His training in spinal surgery, throughout residency, included pediatric scoliosis training at Shriner’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. He also completed fellowship training in spine surgery at the New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts obtaining intensive experience in all aspects of spine surgery including complex spinal reconstruction as well as the clinical management of disorders of the neck and back. Dr. LaRocca’s training is international, as he has had the privilege of visiting with the distinguished and world renowned spinal surgeon, Professor Jurgen Harms at the Klinicum Karlsbad-Langensteinbach in Karlsbad, Germany. Dr. LaRocca has authored and presented research at national meetings including the North American Spine Society and has been in private practice devoted almost exclusively to disorders of the spine since 2001.

• Spanish